Luverly Little Ship

Discussions about anything related to Adonia

Topic author
brillo
Cadet
Cadet

Luverly Little Ship

Post by brillo »

My wife and myself are just back from a weeks cruise to the Fjords D410, before we went we had some misgivings about the Adonia having read other peoples views on several sites.

How wrong we were, the Adonia is now our favourite ship, great décor, loads of space, very friendly crew, the only complaint was that the food was not quite as good as we had had on other cruises. I would give Adonia four and a half stars out of five !!!

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Re: Luverly Little Ship

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

Nice to hear Brillo. We did a visit to Adonia last year and liked what we saw. We hope to go on her in 2016.

barney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by barney »

Glad you had a gret time brillo

She does look a lovely little ship. A bit like a nice country hotel.
Empty vessels .. and all that

Ian Perth
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by Ian Perth »

Great ship, has everything you need for a relaxing holiday and the staff are brilliant. Have many fond memories sailing on her.

Suekersh
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Suekersh »

Only 6 more sleeps and we will be boarding the lovely Adonia. Glad you enjoyed it .

CaroleF
First Officer
First Officer

Post by CaroleF »

Three weeks on Friday for us - I hope we enjoy Adonia as much as I think we will. It's funny, we went for a three night cruise on Aurora a year ago, just to see what she was like as we'd never been on her and I felt I was going to like her, just from the photos I'd seen - and I was right. We really enjoyed the short cruise and hope one day to go on a longer one. I have the same feeling about Adonia, so hope that's a good omen. Our last three Caribbean cruises have been on Azura so it's from one extreme to the other. Up until now our favourite ship(s) have been between Oceana and Aurora so it will be interesting to see whether Adonia takes first place with us. Our very first cruise with P&O back in 2005 was on the old Adonia which was also adults only.

Have a great cruise Sue, and let us know how it went.

Carole

Barb44
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by Barb44 »

Our favourite ships in the past have been Aurora and Oriana until we went on Adonia in May this year and now she has become our favourite. We went for breakfast in the Conservatory every morning and it was a very civilised experience - no pushing and shoving - and the waiters came and asked what we would like to drink and went to get the drinks for us.

There is no dedicated theatre - the shows are in the Curzon Lounge - and we did wonder how this would work but it worked well. The dance floor is also in the Curzon Lounge and there was dancing before each of the shows. As we are dancers (and on first sitting dinner) we were able to dance whilst waiting for the first show to start and then dance again after the show until just before the second show started. Even non-dancers enjoyed watching the dancing/listening to the music whilst waiting for the shows to start.

We never struggled to find a seat, either on deck or inside, even on sea days, and there were always empty sun loungers.

It is a very friendly ship and we can’t wait to sail on her again.

Barbara x
Barbara x

Return to “About Adonia”