E 434 Zeebrugge

Oceana cruises in 2014

Topic author
Jim Crow
Cadet
Cadet

E 434 Zeebrugge

Post by Jim Crow »

We are on this one and want to go to Bruges. What is the best way?

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Re: E 434 Zeebrugge

Post by Manoverboard »

Hello and welcome :wave:

The ' best ' way is via a P&O excursion, either a walking / canal boat ride type tour or ' Bruges on your own ' albeit you will need a decent guide book to see what is available.

The ' cheapest ' way is by train apparently.
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

barney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by barney »

Agree with Moby

Train is cheap & frequent but unless you're very confident about it, do a P&O trip

Bruges is very walkable and a lovely place

We live in deepest Kent and sometimes go just for the day.
Empty vessels .. and all that

Dancing Queen
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Dancing Queen »

A taxi will cost approx 100 Euro ( return ) if you can get 4 or 6 others to share with you it works out quite cheap, just agree a time with the driver and he'll pick you up when you want to return, one of the advantages is that a taxi will drop you right in the centre of Bruges.
Jo

gfwgfw
First Officer
First Officer

Post by gfwgfw »

Hi Ya Jim

Welcome on board our friendly boards

Bruges is a "must see" treat

Go and be overwhelmed

DIY is ok on your second trip, but strongly recommend an organised visit with a tour guide on your first visit

Graham
Gentle Giant of Cerne Abbas :wave:

Topic author
Jim Crow
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Jim Crow »

Many thanks folks. Have consulted with the family and I think it is a P&O excursion. :)

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

We did the Bruges on your own tour too. For two of us it was cheaper than the taxi fare mentioned above. On the day we did it there was a problem on the cheaper train and a number of people who'd done that ended up returning by taxi.

Jo is right that there is a bit of a walk from the coach drop off to the centre but it is a pleasant enough walk.

Dancing Queen
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Dancing Queen »

Mervyn and Trish wrote:
We did the Bruges on your own tour too. For two of us it was cheaper than the taxi fare mentioned above. On the day we did it there was a problem on the cheaper train and a number of people who'd done that ended up returning by taxi.

Jo is right that there is a bit of a walk from the coach drop off to the centre but it is a pleasant enough walk.
I agree the P&O tour is a cheaper option if there are just the two of you, when we were there last year I went on to cruisecritic and linked up with two other couples to share a taxi, I was a bit apprehensive as I have never done anything like this before but then thought what the hell I don't need to like someone to share transport with them, as it happened both couples were an absolute delight and we all ended up spending most of the day together and met up again quite a few times during the cruise.
Jo

Return to “Oceana Cruises 2014”