Adonia/Fathom

Discussions about anything related to Adonia

Topic author
JoanneB
Third Officer
Third Officer

Adonia/Fathom

Post by JoanneB »

For those of you missing the little ship there is a post on CC with a link to a drone video of her in her new livery

https://youtu.be/nzVp6qvySNc

Suekersh
First Officer
First Officer

Re: Adonia/Fathom

Post by Suekersh »

Thanks for that Joanne. Such a shame that she isn't part of P & O anymore. I very much doubt she will be back.

Sue

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Thanks from me too Joanne. The quality of the footage is very good. With security normally tight I'm surprised it wasn't shot down :D

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

My guess it is official footage. We have some drone video of Britannia shot by the on board photographers and included in the cruise DVD of the Maiden voyage

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Suekersh wrote:
Thanks for that Joanne. Such a shame that she isn't part of P & O anymore. I very much doubt she will be back.
Sue
Funnily enough seeing this footage has given me renewed optimism she'll be back. It was seeing her name across the stern which triggered the thought process.

Usually when a ship changes fleet she also changes her name - Adonia has previously been R Eight, Minerva II and Royal Princess.

The fact she hasn't changed name makes me think this really is a loan rather than a transfer.

I could be completely wrong, but fingers crossed. I really want a cruise on her and I really don't want to dig ditches or teach pottery somewhere to do it. :thumbup:

Topic author
JoanneB
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by JoanneB »

Mervyn and Trish wrote:
My guess it is official footage. We have some drone video of Britannia shot by the on board photographers and included in the cruise DVD of the Maiden voyage
This is the CC thread http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showth ... st50834969
I don't think it is official footage just a good camera!

I think i have read somewhere from a TA that Adonia won't be coming back but that next year they will accept bookings on her from the UK next year

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

Merv, if you want to experience these small ships you could try Pacific Princess, or either of the 2 Azamara cruise ships, or if you want a bit more luxury Oceania still has at least one of the old R class ships.
We sailed Tahition Princess a few years ago and whilst we enjoyed the cruise, we now prefer the more modern larger ships which have bigger cabins and far more facilities, but a cruise is still a cruise.
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Like you Towny we like the facilities of the bigger ships now and even found Aurora a little small on our last trip. But we have a hankering for Adonia after a ship visit, but wouldn't rule out another small ship. If Adonia doesn't return in 2018 we might even go smaller and spend our cruising £ on Lord of the Glens on Loch Ness!

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Go the whole hog Merv
pad2.png

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Is that the new one P&O are building? Identical to Britannia but slightly smaller.

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Mervyn and Trish wrote:
Is that the new one P&O are building? Identical to Britannia but slightly smaller.
That's one of the suites

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Excellent. I'll book it. How was your mini by the way? Your excellent but concise review didn't mention it.

Return to “About Adonia”