Post by qbman1 »

david63 wrote:
Probably me being dopey, but that link just goes to the homepage

CaroleF
First Officer
First Officer

Re: Welcome Back Adonia

Post by CaroleF »

No you're not being dopey, that's all I got too!

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

Adonia and her sisters are quite pretty little ships but are not very good in poor sea conditions. They also have inadequate entertainment venues and only tiny bar areas, as well as having rather poor disabled facilities,so no good for us.
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

I only got the Home Page too but yesterday it showed the summer of 2017 in the Med regions followed by mostly 14 day cruises in the Caribbean through to Feb / March 2018.

As for sea conditions she is, imo and experience, very stable unlike the blocks of flats that some enjoy ... as demonstrated by her doing cruises around the tip of South America.

:thumbup:
Last edited by Manoverboard on 25 Nov 2016, 12:46, edited 1 time in total.
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Topic author
david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

qbman1 wrote:
david63 wrote:
It didn't yesterday when I posted it - hate to say but it looks like the P&O IT gremlins have been at work again :o

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

Dancing Queen wrote:
I didn't realise that Moby.
Have done so for many years, Fred, Voyages of Discovery and Star Clippers are but a few.

:wave:

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

Out of interest what is this new ship called ' Gala ' all about that is due in 2020 ?

STOP PRESS ... she has now been renamed as ' Coming Shortly ' :lol:
Last edited by Manoverboard on 25 Nov 2016, 12:53, edited 2 times in total.

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

david63 wrote:
qbman1 wrote:
david63 wrote:
It didn't yesterday when I posted it - hate to say but it looks like the P&O IT gremlins have been at work again :o
Now, that's really hard to believe ! :sarcasm:

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

Manoverboard wrote:
I only got the Home Page too but yesterday it showed the summer of 2017 in the Med regions followed by mostly 14 day cruises in the Caribbean through to Feb / March 2018.

As for sea conditions she is, imo and experience, very stable unlike the blocks of flats that some enjoy ... as demonstrated by her doing cruises around the tip of South America.

Well Moby our cruise on Tahitian Princess was the only one where we have seen sick bags hanging up all around the ship.
John

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

towny44 wrote:
Manoverboard wrote:

Well Moby our cruise on Tahitian Princess was the only one where we have seen sick bags hanging up all around the ship.
Seen that several times on ships of all sizes.

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

Mervyn and Trish wrote:
towny44 wrote:
Manoverboard wrote:

Seen that several times on ships of all sizes.
Clearly you must be more observant than me, or just plain unlucky in your choice of cruises.
John

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

The former, I suspect. They are always out at some point during a December crossing of Biscay

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

towny44 wrote:
Manoverboard wrote:

Have you tried ' Winter ' cruising yet ? :lol:

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

Manoverboard wrote:
towny44 wrote:
Manoverboard wrote:

Went to the Caribbean on Ventura in January and whilst it creaked and groaned quite a lot, and the prom deck was closed because of high winds, she rode the rough seas far better than Tahitian Princess (Adonia's sister) did when we sailed from Hawaii to Tahiti a few years ago.
John

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

towny44 wrote:
Manoverboard wrote:
towny44 wrote:
Manoverboard wrote:

Went to the Caribbean on Ventura in January and whilst it creaked and groaned quite a lot, and the prom deck was closed because of high winds, she rode the rough seas far better than Tahitian Princess (Adonia's sister) did when we sailed from Hawaii to Tahiti a few years ago.
Well that's good news for anyone who might be doing it in 2017. :thumbup:

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

I could tell a similar on-off tale about Azura but it proves nothing. :thumbup:

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

Ocean-going ship / North Atlantic / mid-December

Hardly news, is it ?!

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

Latest news on the old girl....

"Dates for your diary

7 December 2016 | 8am
Adonia’s exciting new cruise collection goes on sale to Caribbean Tier members of The Peninsular Club and above.

8 December 2016 | 8am
Adonia’s new cruise collection becomes available to all.
You can visit the website from 7 December 2016 to see the full range of new itineraries, but if you can’t wait until then here’s an overview of Adonia’s cruises for summer 2017 and winter 2017/18. We hope you’re as excited as we are!"

And here's the preliminary 2017 list.....
adonia-dates-explore-1-fw.jpg

Topic author
david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

Latest information from P&O here

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

Got an e-mail about that ... still nothing really useful though.

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

They haven't even got Adonia listed as one of the ships in the fleet on the website. I suppose we shouldn't expect much, bearing in mind P&O's IT track record but this cannot have come as a total surprise to them so they should at least have had the itineraries available to view by now.

CaroleF
First Officer
First Officer

Post by CaroleF »

They are abnormally slow about sorting out the website. When you go on to the section on Virtual Tours the picture that first comes up and has for ages, is of Adonia's atrium! She's gone and now come back and so it's in date again - maybe that was the thought! When you go on to a virtual tour of Aurora it still shows the library in its old position and no mention of Sindhu. Surely it wouldn't take someone that long to sort it all out! Speaking of Adonia, I read somewhere that the library is now The Glasshouse - not happy if that's the case! It was the best library in the fleet, especially now the one on Aurora has gone. They seem determined that all a library needs is a cupboard, like on Azura and Ventura - don't know what the one on Britannia is like. I'm amazed they haven't got around to changing the one on Oceana into something else, it's still a decent size.

Carole

colin parry
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by colin parry »

Carol, I'm fairly sure that the Glasshouse has replaced Sorrento which I thought was an excellent venue o Adonia and one which I will miss.

colin parry
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by colin parry »

On the subject of libraries, I was very disappointed with the new library on Aurora this month. It's new home in the computer room is grossly overcrowded whilst Sindhi seemed to be rarely used.

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

Yes, I know the Glasshouse was planned to replace Sorrento. I would certainly prefer a GLasshouse every time but, if anything had to go, I would have ditched that dreadful Marco Pierre White place !

I think the Sindhu arrangement on Aurora is really good as it provides loads of overspill for the coffee bar during the day whereas the old library was always just full of people asleep with their mouths open and a waste of good space!

Return to “About Adonia”