Cabin E55 review Arcadia

Discussions about anything related to Arcadia

Topic author
oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Cabin E55 review Arcadia

Post by oldbluefox »

On this occasion going up into the Arctic we decided we would not be making good use of a balcony for sitting out and went for an obstructed view cabin. Most of these cabins on Arcadia are exactly that, obstructed, and the only view you get is a strip of sky and the side of a lifeboat.
This cabin lies at the end of the line of lifeboats so you do get a pretty good view which is only partly obstructed. The other feature of this view is the proximity of the first of the balcony cabins so when you looked out of the window you overlook part of the balcony next door, and similarly they can see partly into your cabin. If you are accustomed to dancing around in the all together best to keep the net curtains drawn!!
However we were very happy with this cabin as it allowed in plenty of natural light and gave a decent view whilst in port. It also has a bath with shower over which is something we appreciated after a day out on tour. The air conditioning worked well. Sometimes enclosed cabins can be a bit stuffy but the air con worked efficiently so we were able to regulate the temperature in the cabin to prevent it becoming stuffy, too hot or too cold.
Looking at the condition of the carpets and curtains I would say Arcadia is ready for her impending refurb but I did like the big TV screen.

Kenmo1
First Officer
First Officer

Re: Cabin E55 review Arcadia

Post by Kenmo1 »

oldbluefox wrote: 03 Aug 2017, 08:44
It also has a bath with shower over
OBF - We have booked E69 for next July and I had assumed from looking at the brochure that you got either a bath or a shower but it looks like you get both ----- Yippee, as I much prefer a bath. I have downloaded a photo of the window and it looks like we will get a reasonable amount of light.

Maureen

Return to “About Arcadia”