Strictly

An area to discuss any books you have read, films that you have seen or television programmes

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Re: Strictly

Post by Stephen »

Hello stranger. Where have you been hiding. Has the misses given you a five minute pass :D

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Post by oldbluefox »

Have we got a new member?
Welcome to the site Onelife. :thumbup: :wave: :wave:

Onelife
Captain
Captain

Post by Onelife »

Stephen wrote: 17 Dec 2017, 15:54
Hello stranger. Where have you been hiding. Has the misses given you a five minute pass :D

Hi Stephen.... l must apologise for absconding the way l did but l felt a clean break would be less traumatic for 'you' and all my other friends on the forum That being said l was expecting a lot more "missing you" messages than l got...For gawd sake l could have been pushing up daisies for all you lot cared :lol: .

Can't say how long l'll be sticking around Stephen as l'm a very busy chappie what with our move to our new 'tin can' in them yonder hills of Shropshire (ludlow). Unfortunately we are still playing catch up with the move as both me and the wife sustained fractures to our legs a few months back (wife still recovering as she broke her leg in three places)

.......That'll teach her not to answeing me back.... :twisted:

Absolutely love it here....will be even better once we have the draft excluder fitted around the windows. The sheep seem a bit more flighty but rest assured l'll soon be having my way with them.

Regards

Keith :wave:

V

Onelife
Captain
Captain

Post by Onelife »

oldbluefox wrote: 17 Dec 2017, 17:08
Have we got a new member?
Welcome to the site Onelife. :thumbup: :wave: :wave:
:
Are you still doing the "new member" goodie bags?

: :wave: :wave:

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Post by oldbluefox »

Onelife wrote: 17 Dec 2017, 21:30
Are you still doing the "new member" goodie bags?

: :wave: :wave:
We used to get supplies of dodgy chocolates until our supplier went AWOL after a case of sheep bothering.
(Nice to see you back Keefy. Sorry to hear about your mishaps).

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Onelife wrote: 17 Dec 2017, 21:26
Stephen wrote: 17 Dec 2017, 15:54

Hi Stephen.... l must apologise for absconding the way l did but l felt a clean break would be less traumatic for 'you' and all my other friends on the forum That being said l was expecting a lot more "missing you" messages than l got...For gawd sake l could have been pushing up daisies for all you lot cared :lol: .

Can't say how long l'll be sticking around Stephen as l'm a very busy chappie what with our move to our new 'tin can' in them yonder hills of Shropshire (ludlow). Unfortunately we are still playing catch up with the move as both me and the wife sustained fractures to our legs a few months back (wife still recovering as she broke her leg in three places)

.......That'll teach her not to answeing me back.... :twisted:

Absolutely love it here....will be even better once we have the draft excluder fitted around the windows. The sheep seem a bit more flighty but rest assured l'll soon be having my way with them.

Regards

Keith :wave:

Aren't you getting a bit old for playing wheel barrows :lol:

V
Last edited by Stephen on 18 Dec 2017, 07:09, edited 2 times in total.

Onelife
Captain
Captain

Post by Onelife »

We were having a bit of a tiff so l tried to help her down the stairs......Unfortunately she held on and took me with her :evil: :lol:

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

When's the house warming.

Onelife
Captain
Captain

Post by Onelife »

Stephen wrote: 18 Dec 2017, 11:17
When's the house warming.
It's thermostatically controlled but we turn it down to about 15 degrees at night. :lol:

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Smart ar*e :)

Onelife
Captain
Captain

Post by Onelife »

Stephen wrote: 18 Dec 2017, 12:20
Smart ar*e :)

You're not the first to say that Stephen but then l do consider it to be one of my better features :thumbup: :)

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

Can we please try and keep on topic

Kenmo1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Kenmo1 »

Welcome back, keefy. I missed you a lot especially after I scoffed the box of M&S Extremely Chocolatey biscuits and the tin of Quality Street a couple of weeks ago. I am now being good for the next few days so as not to ruin all that hard work I put in when we were all trying to lose weight.

Back on thread - I am pleased that Joe and Katya won Strictly as he was a real improver and I felt he deserved acknowledgement for that.

Maureen. :wave:

Onelife
Captain
Captain

Post by Onelife »

Kenmo1 wrote: 18 Dec 2017, 14:50
Welcome back, keefy. I missed you a lot especially after I scoffed the box of M&S Extremely Chocolatey biscuits and the tin of Quality Street a couple of weeks ago. I am now being good for the next few days so as not to ruin all that hard work I put in when we were all trying to lose weight.

Back on thread - I am pleased that Joe and Katya won Strictly as he was a real improver and I felt he deserved acknowledgement for that.

Maureen. :wave:

Hello Maureen......Please don't tell the others I've said this but you above all you were never far from my thoughts during my absence xx.

Back on topic...

"Strictly" speaking it's only when you to succumb to sub-standard M&S Extremely Chocolatey biscuits/chocolates do you appreciate keefys finest, which of course you and the female cast of Strictly come Dancing will be finding out shortly.

Enjoy !

Btw.....If Anton Du Beke is still around next year it's about time the producers give him a break with a decent partner.....l mean there's only so much you can do with planks of wood.

Best wishes

Keith

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

I still think Anton should have taken over from Len as head judge. Shirley knows her stuff but I don't like her much.

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

He may still take over. Rumour has it she may not be around next year.

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Hope so

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

Stephen wrote: 20 Dec 2017, 10:16
He may still take over. Rumour has it she may not be around next year.
I read somewhere that her contract is due before the end of the year/early January.

The first comments from her were that she was not sure that she wanted to continue, but later comments are that she does - so it is anybody's guess - perhaps the size of the pay check may have some influence!

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Yes, a couple of extra noughts on the end of you pay cheque can be a deciding factor.

Onelife
Captain
Captain

Post by Onelife »

Not so sure Anton would be the right person to fill Shirley's chair, the panel already have one exuorbitant character it don't need another..

To her credit l think Shirley says it how she sees it , especially where dance offs are concerned.

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

Onelife wrote: 20 Dec 2017, 15:05
To her credit l think Shirley says it how she sees it
Only if it is not one of her "favourites", she is not impartial - in fact this year I don't think that any of the judges were truly impartial and many weeks their scores did not reflect their comments.

Onelife
Captain
Captain

Post by Onelife »

Hi David... l was referring to the dance off between that young geezer who sang in that pop group...who she ousted....He may well have been the better dancer but on the night she judged it on the dance...she was right to do so in my professional opinion because the other couple did a better dance off.
Last edited by Onelife on 20 Dec 2017, 15:31, edited 1 time in total.

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Onelife wrote: 20 Dec 2017, 15:31
Hi David... l was referring to the dance off between that young geezer who sang in that pop group...who she ousted....He may well have been the better dancer but on the night she judged it on the dance...she was right to do so in my professional opinion because the other couple did a better dance off.

:lol: :sarcasm:

Onelife
Captain
Captain

Post by Onelife »

Oops!.......It should have read "personal opinion" but let's keep that to ourselves......wouldn't like David thinking l don't know what looks am talking about :thumbup: :D

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

You're busted OL

Return to “Book, Film & TV Club”