Arrange to meet other members whilst on a cruise on Oceana

Topic author
lsmt971
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Tips & Advice

Post by lsmt971 »

Hi

We're doing 7 nights around Greece in August. There doesn't seem to be too much up to date reviews lately so I was just after some tips on the restaurants and dress codes. Or even any general tips for the journey.

Thanks Lee
Last edited by david63 on 22 Jun 2018, 13:53, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Clarified title

Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Re: Tips

Post by Whynd1 »

When I read the title of this thread for a minute I thought it was going to be all about the auto gratuity.

Phew what a relief.

Lindsey

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Yes, same here. A taboo subject Lee ;)

Welcome to the forum :thumbup:

barney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by barney »

Welcome Lee
I'd guess you will be on Oceana.

She's a lovely ship with a stunning atrium.
It's been over ten years since we've been on her so I'll leave it to others to give you up to date tips on dining etc.
I remember there was a bistro called Cafe Jardin that did very nice Moules, if that's your thing. when we were there it was + five quid but I espect that has changed ;)
Empty vessels .. and all that

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

Do you require ' tips ' on the Ports … if so then please list them.

ps ... Hello and Welcome :wave:
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Happydays
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Happydays »

We shall be on Oceana in September after your cruise but on the cruise personaliser the alternative dinning is showing Cafe Jardin as having an Italian theme in the evenings £8.50pp we are going to try that as we like Italian! Hopefully someone who has been on recently shall give some current information. Enjoy your cruise.

Honk honk
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Re: Tips & Advice

Post by Honk honk »

Hallo Just back from a 7 day Fly Cruise on Oceana . Prior to our cruise we booked 3 nights Beach House And 3 nights Cafe Jardin. We do not use the large dining rooms,so we always choose the select venues... Dress code in both these venues is smart casual. Even on formal nights. Any questions,then just ask away. We had a great time. Oceana is our favourite ship

CaroleF
First Officer
First Officer

Post by CaroleF »

Cafe Jardin has always been our favoured place for breakfast on Oceana. True you can't get a full English but we don't usually want that anyway. Particularly at the beginning of a cruise when not everyone is aware of Cafe Jardin it can also be a peaceful place for breakfast. We are next on her at the end of September but this time there will be people on board in the middle of a cruise so it may not be as peaceful as usual. As we are on for 14 nights and some passengers will be leaving on our 7th night when we return to Valletta and some new ones arriving which means that there will be Open Dining that evening in the Club Restaurant we have booked to have dinner that night in Cafe Jardin. I really like the look of the new menus - not MPW as before but Gino D'Acampo.

Topic author
lsmt971
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by lsmt971 »

Hi all. thanks for the welcome. Sorry for the delay but i got a bit waylaid after posting. Honk honk, I was mainly after advice on casual dining. Are they pretty strict, can adults wear smart shorts or dark denim? I also have a 17 tear old son so it will just help a touch with the packing.

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

lsmt971 wrote: 21 Jul 2018, 11:50
can adults wear smart shorts or dark denim?
Shorts, of any kind, are not allowed in public areas after 18:00 - dark denim is fine.

GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by GillD46 »

I don’t know if you are calling at Rhodes, but there is a lovely Taverna in the old town, that my husband and I always lunch at when there - if you are interested.
Gill

Topic author
lsmt971
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by lsmt971 »

Thanks David.

We are stopping in Rhodes Gill. We haven't planned anything for their other than just wandering around so yes that could be an options.

Return to “The Meeting Place - Oceana”