Reports about cruises on Arcadia

Onelife
Captain
Captain

Re: A Little Light Relief from Brexit & Boris

Post by Onelife »

Kenmo1 wrote: 10 Aug 2018, 21:39
Onelife wrote: 10 Aug 2018, 20:31
I don't think Maureen's review is finished yet?.....she is still heading home!! :)
Hello young man. We arrived home Sunday 5th and I finally finished the washing and ironing today. Nothing too exciting to report for the last 2 sea days except going to see Killer Queen for about the 100th time but I always enjoy it and have been known to go to 2 performances in one night.
The most annoying thing about Sunday morning was getting back to Fountain Yard at Cowes on the Red Jet only to find that all parking including taxis, buses and private cars were not allowed in the Red Jet yard to collect passengers because it is Cowes week and parking is a total nightmare during this period. We, therefore, had to wheel 2 heavy suitcases and 2 small cases up a steep hill to reach where our son had pulled in hoping no traffic warden would walk by. What my husband hadn't realised was that he had wheeled one of the suitcase wheels through some melted tar (it could have been something worse) and it got wheeled all through the beige carpet in the hallway before I saw it.So the first hour home was spent trying to scrub it off the carpet. :x
Hi Maureen,

I knew after reading the first three words your review would stand head and shoulder above anything l have read before :thumbup:

Regards

Keithxx :wave:

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

So, in summary ….

You were carrying a dangerous weapon but got caught, somebody had killed an innocent whale, you had to drag your cases up a steep hill likely to induce a heart attack and your bestest beige carpet is covered in tar.

Not my idea of a relaxing holiday :lol:

:wave:
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Onelife
Captain
Captain

Post by Onelife »

Manoverboard wrote: 11 Aug 2018, 10:27
So, in summary ….

You were carrying a dangerous weapon but got caught, somebody had killed an innocent whale, you had to drag your cases up a steep hill likely to induce a heart attack and your bestest beige carpet is covered in tar.

Yes Moby.....not to mention escaping noro-virous by the neck of a water bottle. :lol:

btw Maureen....what did you use to get the tar out of your carpet?...We've got a beige carpet and some tar but l want to make sure l can get it out before l try it :lol:

Topic author
Kenmo1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Kenmo1 »

Manoverboard wrote: 11 Aug 2018, 10:27
So, in summary ….

The start and the finish wasn't great but the bit in the middle was very good and would have been perfect if I had met OBF for a natter. Never mind, perhaps next time. Maureen :wave:

London Cruiser
Cadet
Cadet

Post by London Cruiser »

Crikey, we were on this cruise too!, should have had a forum meet up 8-) , we actually caught the same ferry as you Maureen in Salerno - Amalfi both ways, anyway only the second time for us on Arcadia, I thought the crew were very good, however the variety of entertainment for us was dreadful and reminded me of Oriana. Only one comic if Mr Flax counts as one. We didn't bother with the Peninsular lunch, speaking to some PAX that went to the Caribbean one and they had the Art Director as their host and she has only been at sea a month !! I thought it was the hottest ship I have travelled on, the air con virtually nonexistent, I really enjoyed all the ports, three were new to us and Calvi a real jem. I really enjoyed the cruise in general but I always do. We are back on Arcadia next August to the Baltics, next for us is Ventura in less than two weeks, for a two nighter then seven nighter B2B so another visit to Oporto

Topic author
Kenmo1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Kenmo1 »

Hi London Cruiser - we were lucky with the Peninsular Lunch as we were sat on the Food & Beverage Manager's table and it was most enjoyable. He also sent us a dish of chocolate truffles on a beautifully decorated plate saying thank you for our company - that's never happened before. He also 'bought' us a drink one evening when we were on the aft deck. Copying Brucie, I would say he is my favourite now - I'm easily bribed. :lol:

We had cabin E69, an outside obstructed one with a floor to ceiling double window which just had half of the window obstructed. The frustrating thing was that the window wasn't cleaned until the last day sailing home ! Luckily the dirt and the front of the lifeboat helped to keep the cabin fairly cool so it was always a pleasure to get back to our cabin.

Enjoy your future cruises. We are going on the Sapphire Princess in October and our next one on PO is to Longyearbyen at the top of Norway on the final cruise on Oriana. It is well inside the Arctic Circle so should be a tad cooler than this recent cruise.

Maureen

London Cruiser
Cadet
Cadet

Post by London Cruiser »

Spooky, we have E69 next August !! apart from a dirty window was it a good cabin in a good position? We had G96 a nice quiet part of the ship? Whoops sorry we have E70 so dead opposite your side of the ship, have done NY Alesund in Spitsbergen on Oriana, to be honest it was the best place I have ever been too, a Balmy 4oc July day, not a cloud in the sky, so peaceful apart from the noise of the glaciers, hope you enjoy it and Sapphire Princess ( lovely ship). We are on Ventura again in October only for seven nights though.

Topic author
Kenmo1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Kenmo1 »

London Cruiser wrote: 11 Aug 2018, 14:48
we have E70
Have you looked at the photo of E70 - you can go into the question and answers about obstructed view cabins on Arcadia or just google Arcadia E70 cabin and it downloads a photo. It has about the same amount of obstruction that we had. The only thing we found was that the sky looked grey from our window every day although it was bright blue outside, possibly due to the tint on the window or it could have been the dirt! We liked the position and would choose that position again plus you have a launderette right by you. There was no noise from it but it only had one ironing board.

We went to Ny Alesund on Arcadia some years ago and loved it. People who haven't been there think I'm nuts when I say we are going back to that area but you described exactly how I felt about it, so stark and peaceful. Maureen

Lynda and David
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by Lynda and David »

Hi London Cruiser, we're on Arcadia next August to the Baltic. It will be our first cruise to the Baltic and whilst on board will be celebrating my 60th birthday.

Lynda

London Cruiser
Cadet
Cadet

Post by London Cruiser »

Hi, Lynda, our first Baltic cruise too, are you on the 16nighter? if you are, see you onboard :thumbup: Wonderful way to celebrate a 60th

Rod & Sue

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Post by oldbluefox »

We could have had a forum meet on the deck as we were in E50. It was a great cabin with a decent sized balcony. It was really handy for the lifts and the theatre so at night we just climbed one set of stairs and we were home again. Surprised that the laundry ony had one iron/ironing board for the whole deck. It must be a nightmare when Arcadia does her worldie. My other gripe was there was nowhere to hang the clothes you had just ironed. Moan, moan, moan!!!
We loved Spitzbergen/Ny Alesund. The day we were there the sky was beautifully clear but there was a cold wind blowing from the north and by heck! it was cold - went straight through everything we had on. Fascinating place. That night the Captain took us into a fjord. At 1.00am we were stood on the deck looking at glaciers and ice floes and taking in the beauty of silence and solitude. It was a beautiful cruise and one we would happily do again.

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

Kenmo1 wrote: 11 Aug 2018, 14:18
We are going on the Sapphire Princess in October
We were on Sapphire this summer. Lovely ship.

London Cruiser
Cadet
Cadet

Post by London Cruiser »

oldbluefox wrote: 11 Aug 2018, 16:36

We loved Spitzbergen/Ny Alesund. The day we were there the sky was beautifully clear but there was a cold wind blowing from the north and by heck! it was cold - went straight through everything we had on. Fascinating place. That night the Captain took us into a fjord. At 1.00am we were stood on the deck looking at glaciers and ice floes and taking in the beauty of silence and solitude. It was a beautiful cruise and one we would happily do again.
Yes I loved it there and felt quite humble and overwhelmed, best place I have ever been too. Had fun with the Arctic Turns but hey I invaded their space :lol: So they were entitled to be annoyed. The small museum was quite enjoyable,
As you say the launderette ( think there is only three on the ship) are very small and be hard work on a worldie

Lynda and David
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by Lynda and David »

London Cruiser wrote: 11 Aug 2018, 16:04
Hi, Lynda, our first Baltic cruise too, are you on the 16nighter? if you are, see you onboard :thumbup: Wonderful way to celebrate a 60th

Rod & Sue
Hi Rod, yes we're on the 16 nighter sailing out of Southampton on 3rd August. I've just had a look at our booking summary and we're also on deck E in cabin 150. See you on board.

Lynda and David :wave:

Topic author
Kenmo1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Kenmo1 »

Mervyn and Trish wrote: 11 Aug 2018, 16:48
Kenmo1 wrote: 11 Aug 2018, 14:18
We are going on the Sapphire Princess in October
We were on Sapphire this summer. Lovely ship.
That's good to know. If it was good enough for the 'P&O poster boy' then it is good enough for us. :lol:

Maureen.

Return to “Arcadia Cruise Reports”