New P&O website

Topics relating to P&O

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Re: New P&O website

Post by Stephen »

Just logged into the site after having to reset my password (forget it). I notice in the Portunus points summary it shows 0 nights for us in the last three years even though we have done at least one cruise each year for the last three years, and clearly shows this in the cruise history list above.

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

Stephen wrote: 20 Apr 2019, 12:04
Just logged into the site after having to reset my password (forget it). I notice in the Portunus points summary it shows 0 nights for us in the last three years even though we have done at least one cruise each year for the last three years, and clearly shows this in the cruise history list above.
I suspect it only shows these if you are in Caribbean tier, which then dictates whether you have enough nights for Baltic or Ligurian level.
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

towny44 wrote: 20 Apr 2019, 12:09
Stephen wrote: 20 Apr 2019, 12:04
I suspect it only shows these if you are in Caribbean tier, which then dictates whether you have enough nights for Baltic or Ligurian level.
Yes it shows mine. And we don't!

CaroleF
First Officer
First Officer

Post by CaroleF »

I've just been looking at the website about our forthcoming cruise on Arcadia - J905. Firstly, the pricing seems very odd. It seems you can book an outside or sea view cabin whatever they call it now, for less than an inside cabin - think it depends on if you're willing to book saver rather than select. It also seems that you can book a balcony for the same price as a Sea View, again depending on Select or Saver. All seems rather odd when you look at the initial prices.
I then looked at the itinerary. On the old website it went from day to day and you could click on for the typical excursions for each day, now it seems just a mess to me. It doesn't seem to give as much information as the old one. I also looked at the part which tells you about Arcadia. It mentions The Crow's Nest and then says....For a little more... That seems to indicate that you have to pay to go there or perhaps I'm being thick! I know you don't have to pay to go to any of the Crow's Nests on the various ships but to someone who's not been on P&O before it might make them think they have to pay, particularly as it's alongside the Ocean Grill and Sindhu which you do have to pay for. I can't see any improvement at the moment from the old site.

Carole

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Kenmo1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Kenmo1 »

Stephen wrote: 28 Apr 2019, 16:43

I'm really struggling with the new site. I had trouble getting into My Account so re-registered and it eventually worked and our points and list of cruises came up. I did eventually manage to re-save the 4 cruises we currently have booked as I'm a sucker for checking whether the price has gone up or down but even that is proving difficult. The only good thing that worked instantly was the Already Booked section so I was able to fill in the cruise personaliser for the cruise in July as the passport numbers showing were the old ones and the travel insurance showing was the old company. All I can say is thank goodness we are not looking for another cruise at the moment because I don't think I would use the system as it is at present. Give me a human being to talk to.

Maureen

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Trouble is I think it was broken! I had repeated problems with both the P&O and Cunard sites when we had to do all that stuff to confirm our accounts re the new data protection regs. So far I've had no problems with the new ones, other than the editorial inaccuracies, which seem to be getting fixed.

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

I feel that I must be looking at a totally different site than most others, not only on here but on other boards and on Facecloth, as I actually find it better and easier than the old site. OK I might not like some of the colours and other minor things but overall I prefer it.

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

david63 wrote: 28 Apr 2019, 21:43
I feel that I must be looking at a totally different site than most others, not only on here but on other boards and on Facecloth, as I actually find it better and easier than the old site. OK I might not like some of the colours and other minor things but overall I prefer it.
Yes me too once I've looked at it properly and had a tinker.

I think what we're witnessing is fear of the unfamiliar. Happens all the time. Especially among cruisers.

Remember all the "she's not like Canberra" when Oriana was launched? No she's not. She has all ensuite cabins for one thing. And now we're mourning the loss of the ship so many hated 24 years ago!
Last edited by Mervyn and Trish on 28 Apr 2019, 22:48, edited 1 time in total.

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Mervyn and Trish wrote: 28 Apr 2019, 21:30
Trouble is I think it was broken! I had repeated problems with both the P&O and Cunard sites when we had to do all that stuff to confirm our accounts re the new data protection regs. So far I've had no problems with the new ones, other than the editorial inaccuracies, which seem to be getting fixed.

I find the new site fine, but at the same time never had any problems with the old one apart from time to time it didn't like the iPad and wouldn't open deck plans when trying to look at cabin positions on the booking page.

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

I take back all I said about the new web site. It's sh*t compared with the old one. Just been looking at a possible back to back with our August cruise. Cabin lists don't show, text missing from choosing select or saver, map itinerary not fully showing and all too busy in general for my liking. Mind you I was using the iPad when looking.

GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by GillD46 »

It’s dreadful!
Gill

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Just had a go on my main PC, and no better.

Cr*P

anniec
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by anniec »

Mervyn and Trish wrote: 28 Apr 2019, 22:46

I think what we're witnessing is fear of the unfamiliar. Happens all the time. Especially among cruisers.

Remember all the "she's not like Canberra" when Oriana was launched? No she's not. She has all ensuite cabins for one thing. And now we're mourning the loss of the ship so many hated 24 years ago!
Can either of you tell me how to check the price of a C deck balcony without making a dummy booking, please? That's all I ever do on P&O's site, and I can't find a way of doing it quickly now.

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

Phone a reputable TA ?
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

anniec
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by anniec »

Manoverboard wrote: 29 Apr 2019, 14:03
Phone a reputable TA ?
Sorry, should have been clearer - I check prices regularly on cruises I'm interested in, and know I can check t/a sites online (doubt they want me ringing them on a daily basis...), but surely the most basic function of a cruise company/hotel/department store/whoever wants to flog me something website, is to show what is available, the different categories, and the prices, and to make them so easily accessible that anyone can do it. And I can't find a simple way of doing that most basic requirement on P&O's website.

To enlarge yet further, I want the 'base' price, ie P&O's undiscounted price; most online t/a's show a small discount, which makes it impossible to work this out.

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Manoverboard wrote: 29 Apr 2019, 14:03
Phone a reputable TA ?
Agree.

But it's nice to see what the cabin availability is first instead of listening to the travel agent rolling out numbers, then having to cross check with the deck plans in the brochure, which now requires the eyes of an eagle or a magnifying glass of such strength NASA would be proud of.

GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by GillD46 »

It’s definitely not easy enough to see the details at a glance.same as the new “improved” Cunard site. Simply awful.
Gill

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

anniec wrote: 29 Apr 2019, 13:44
Can either of you tell me how to check the price of a C deck balcony without making a dummy booking, please?
How did you do it before? The only way I was aware of on the "old" site was to do a dummy booking - however on the "new" site a dummy booking is easier to do.

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Mervyn and Trish wrote: 28 Apr 2019, 22:46

Can either of you tell me how to check the price of a C deck balcony without making a dummy booking, please? That's all I ever do on P&O's site, and I can't find a way of doing it quickly now.
You couldn't do it without making a dummy booking before. All you could get was a "from" price. It's the same now except it's simpler because you don't have to put dummy names in before you get the price. :thumbup:

anniec
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by anniec »

david63 wrote: 29 Apr 2019, 15:19
Can either of you tell me how to check the price of a C deck balcony without making a dummy booking, please?
How did you do it before? The only way I was aware of on the "old" site was to do a dummy booking - however on the "new" site a dummy booking is easier to do.
I'm trying to think back to when I last used it, as then you could get up the individual categories of cabin within a type (eg all the different balcony cabins) and the prices. However, clearly time flies when one is getting a little older and I've worked out that it must be about two years ago that I last looked at P&O pricing on their website; seems like only yesterday!

Has the site had two changes in the last couple of years?

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

anniec wrote: 29 Apr 2019, 18:18
david63 wrote: 29 Apr 2019, 15:19
I'm trying to think back to when I last used it, as then you could get up the individual categories of cabin within a type (eg all the different balcony cabins) and the prices. However, clearly time flies when one is getting a little older and I've worked out that it must be about two years ago that I last looked at P&O pricing on their website; seems like only yesterday!

Has the site had two changes in the last couple of years?
You're right Annie the new site does not give all cabin grade prices in one place, you have to give it a cabin location and then you only see one price, so you need to cross check with a brochure for the cabin grade. A minor issue but still annoying.
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

Quizzical Bob
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Quizzical Bob »

I’ve just visited the website for the first time in a couple of weeks.

It’s awful. Actually it’s worse than that. I like to see a summary of the cruise that are available from my search filters but each cruise fills the complete screen. I can no longer specify that balcony prices be shown.

It seems to have been written for someone who is browsing on a very small mobile phone. As far as I can see there is no desktop option and it is the same as the mobile one.

Return to “P&O”