Lifts on Queen Victoria

Anything about Cunard cruises

Topic author
emjay45
First Officer
First Officer

Lifts on Queen Victoria

Post by emjay45 »

We've booked a Q2 on the Queen Victoria. I thought it would be more convenient for my son if we were midships. Looking at the deck plans, It's a similar ship to the QE. The only concern I have is the proximity of the lifts. I'm a very light sleeper and I wondered if I'll be disturbed with noise from the lifts. Has anyone been as close to lifts as these cabins seem to be.

Dancing Queen
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Re: Lifts on Queen Victoria

Post by Dancing Queen »

Wow - lucky you Emjay the Q2's on QV are beautiful suites, not that I've been in one other than as an invited guest !! in reply to your query though we have been right next door and there is no noise at all from the lifts, they are further back from the lifts than they appear on the deck plans.
Last edited by Dancing Queen on 15 Aug 2019, 06:58, edited 1 time in total.
Jo

Topic author
emjay45
First Officer
First Officer

Post by emjay45 »

Thanks Jo I thought you'd probably know. So you've been almost in that position. I didn't think about it when I booked and I've always avoided cabins near lifts in the past thinking about not only the noise of the lifts but also people coming in and out of them late at night. I'm looking forward to being midships as it was quite a trek to the back of the ship on the QE and there were always trolleys or other hazards my son had to avoid.

Dancing Queen
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Dancing Queen »

emjay45 wrote: 15 Aug 2019, 09:49
Thanks Jo I thought you'd probably know. So you've been almost in that position. I didn't think about it when I booked and I've always avoided cabins near lifts in the past thinking about not only the noise of the lifts but also people coming in and out of them late at night. I'm looking forward to being midships as it was quite a trek to the back of the ship on the QE and there were always trolleys or other hazards my son had to avoid.

My information wasn't quite correct for some reason I thought there were Q2's on both deck 7 and deck 8 and having been in 8089 and 8091 a couple of times knowing they were midships I assumed they were next door - there are no Q2's on deck 8 but 8089/8091 are in the same position as the Q2 on deck 7 so the same principle applies there is no noise and of course you have the added advantage that the bedroom doesn't border any outside walls which makes it even less likely you would hear any late night revellers, I'm sure you will be delighted with your choice :clap:
Jo

GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by GillD46 »

We have been in that vicinity, and like Jo, had no issue with noise. I’m sure you’ll love the Q2 - and QV.
Gill

Topic author
emjay45
First Officer
First Officer

Post by emjay45 »

Thanks Jo and Gill
I'm sure I'll be fine. I'm afraid it doesn't take much to wake me at night especially on a ship. Looking at the deck plans the QV is so similar to the QE that I think my son will familiarise himself with the ship in no time. What a pity the QE seems to be spending so much time in Australia. I wonder what the new ship will be like. :think:

Dancing Queen
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Dancing Queen »

I'm sure you will enjoy QV just as much as you enjoyed QE there is little to choose between them.

I haven't read much about the new ship but rumour has it it will be based in Oz which will suit me if we get the beautiful QE back where it belongs not to mention more choice of itineraries which haven't been very inspiring this year ( for me ) and that doesn't look to change until at least 2022, we are very restricted where we can travel to now so I would welcome more Med/Adriatic cruises which are areas I never tire of.
Jo

melsea
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by melsea »

Which cruise are you booked?

Topic author
emjay45
First Officer
First Officer

Post by emjay45 »

Hi melsea
I haven't been ignoring you but I only returned from my cruise on Saturday. We were on a back to back the V921 14 day Baltic cruise 23rd August and the V922 Med cruise 6th September. I've always preferred not to say on a forum when I'm going away.
Jo and Gill were quite right there was no noise from the lifts and the position of the cabin was perfect. I can see why they get snapped up especially as there are only 2 of them on the ship, and I'm starting to realise why people are moaning about the QE being based in Australia. It really reduces the options for booking a Med cruise. The QV was almost identical to the QE and my son was able to find his way to and from our cabin easily. I think he worried a few people though when they saw him aiming for the stairs when he left the restaurant. :D

melsea
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by melsea »

Hello emjay45
Wow sounds like 2 very different cruises you’ve had and I love the Baltics, been twice but I want to visit Stockholm again. Not many cruises have Stockholm.
We were on QV last year doing the final leg of her world voyage. Our first time on her, kept having to remind myself I wasn’t on the QE. I asked which cruise you were on as we are sailing on QV later this year. Our cabin has been allocated and we are an inside that is next to the launderette but cleverly the entrance is not next door it but at the opposite end and there seems to be a void the other side. We’re only on there for 12 days so it shouldn’t be a problem. Can’t wait.
Yes it does seem odd with her being based in Australia, maybe they are trying to get more business from that area? Who knows. Pleased you are back safely and no doubt planning your next cruise??
Melsea

GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by GillD46 »

Glad it all worked well for you emjay.
Gill

Topic author
emjay45
First Officer
First Officer

Post by emjay45 »

GillD46 wrote: 26 Sep 2019, 15:51
Glad it all worked well for you emjay.
Thanks Gill :D
Hi melsea
It was the first time we've been to the Baltics and we loved it. It's certainly a cruise we'd like to repeat. Apart from some rain in Tallin we had warm and sunny weather for the whole cruise. According to our Maitre D when they were there in July it rained for the entire 2 weeks. So we were very lucky with the weather.
Yes our next cruise is all booked. I'm sure you'll have a lovely time on your QV cruise it's a lovely ship and just like you I really couldn't tell I wasn't on the QE. :)

Return to “Cunard”