Post by bassman67 »

Any other forum members on this cruise?

Topic author
bassman67
Second Officer
Second Officer

Re: E313 Canary Islands cruise

Post by bassman67 »

Now we've lost our three "semi-formal" nights, despite the Cruise Personaliser saying 3F,3SF and 6 casual up to yesterday. Perhaps the Horizon Grill will be replaced with a KFC or Maccy-D's by June?

valerie
Cadet
Cadet

Post by valerie »

we have just returned from 35 nights on the Oriana and jsut realised the dress code has changed. Has anyone been in touch to se why, after all they only just re-instated the three dress codes on Oceana. It dosen't really matter to us because we like to dress up anyway, but I do wonder why, haven't dared to look at the proices for getaway!!

Topic author
bassman67
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by bassman67 »

valerie wrote:
we have just returned from 35 nights on the Oriana and jsut realised the dress code has changed. Has anyone been in touch to se why, after all they only just re-instated the three dress codes on Oceana. It dosen't really matter to us because we like to dress up anyway, but I do wonder why, haven't dared to look at the proices for getaway!!
No doubt the official line will be that it comes from "customer feedback". Like you, we'll dress up ; after all the codes are really the minimum standard required
The Getaway prices look very good for this cruise until you try and book; then most grades are sold out!

Quizzical Bob
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Quizzical Bob »

valerie wrote:
They revert to the three dress codes on Oceana over the winter.

valerie
Cadet
Cadet

Post by valerie »

Thanks for that I did wonder why our feb cruise is 7 - 7 - 14. I'll have to look at the xmas one now. It would have been nicer to have less semi formal in the caribbean because of packing for such a long cruise (more room for my stuff).

Topic author
bassman67
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by bassman67 »

That's only for winter cruises in Europe, Valerie. There are no "semi-formals in the Caribbean, just 4 formal evening for each 14 day cruise, the rest being "casual". Even so, I like to take a a couple of linen suits, then i can wear a jacket when I want without being too hot!

valerie
Cadet
Cadet

Post by valerie »

We have just been to the caribbean on Oriana 35 days and there were 7 semi formals, next year on Oceana there are 7 again, perhaps its different as they are not fly cruises.

valerie
Cadet
Cadet

Post by valerie »

We have just been to the caribbean on Oriana 35 days and there were 7 semi formals, next year on Oceana there are 7 again, perhaps its different as they are not fly cruises.

Topic author
bassman67
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by bassman67 »

Did you have any "semi-formals" while you were in the Caribbean, or was it just there and back?

valerie
Cadet
Cadet

Post by valerie »

yes we did the dress code was a bit random, we had 3 casual in the last week.

Topic author
bassman67
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by bassman67 »

Just had an email from P&O to say that it won't be long before "my holiday of a lifetime" on Oceana. if this is true, then does it mean that all subsequent holidays will be a disappointment, or do they know someting that I don't?

valerie
Cadet
Cadet

Post by valerie »

well I hope its an improvement on our last cruise, we only paid the balance because we are meeting a friend on this cruise. last year we had 8 cruises booked with PO (4 left now) which I'm not sure if we shall go on the remaining 3 after this one, and this is the first time in years that we have not booked the day the brochure came out.

Topic author
bassman67
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by bassman67 »

E-tickets are available today, complete with advice of don't print them now as there might be changes before embarkation. Perhaps an upgrade?

Quizzical Bob
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Quizzical Bob »

bassman67 wrote:
Just had an email from P&O to say that it won't be long before "my holiday of a lifetime" on Oceana. if this is true, then does it mean that all subsequent holidays will be a disappointment, or do they know someting that I don't?
Ask Tim Vine:

'Ive just been on a once-in-a-lifetime holiday. I'll tell you what, never again.'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-11053202

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

bassman67 wrote:
E-tickets are available today, complete with advice of don't print them now as there might be changes before embarkation. Perhaps an upgrade?
... or ... because there is presently a problem with Cruise Personaliser :lol:
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Topic author
bassman67
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by bassman67 »

Manoverboard wrote:
bassman67 wrote:
... or ... because there is presently a problem with Cruise Personaliser :lol:
.............and that, of course; but that was yesterday! Mind you, I've never been asked to show my e-tickets at S'ton. They just want my credit card details and ref. no.

Topic author
bassman67
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by bassman67 »

Just got an "urgent" email from P&O this morning. What could it be, I wondered, an upgrade to a balcony or was the cruise cancelled? Neither, it seems. For reasons best known to P&O, Oceana is leaving port at 15.30 instead of 17.00, so we are all being asked to arrive 45 min earlier than the original boarding time. I usually do, anyway!
As we will be at sea for 3 days, what will this achieve, I wonder?

valerie
Cadet
Cadet

Post by valerie »

Has any one received the tour book/luggage lables, they are usually here six weeks before.

Topic author
bassman67
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by bassman67 »

Not yet. I have a horrible feeling that if you even look at the Cruise Personaliser now, you'e automatically "gone green".

valerie
Cadet
Cadet

Post by valerie »

well I shall give it till friday and then call them. as we travelled once with our older son (he had his own cabin and booking, but at our address even though he dosent live here) since then we have never received any mailings to us in our own name, despite repeatedly phoning PO and asking for our son to be removed and us as lead names. We still never recieved this years brochure came in his name after the 'Baltic booking deadline'. it just puts me off phoning them again and again!!

valerie
Cadet
Cadet

Post by valerie »

just phoned po they were 'printed' on the 10th of may so she said allow up to a week!! so that would be friday.

Topic author
bassman67
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by bassman67 »

Thanks, Valerie; that saved me a job!

valerie
Cadet
Cadet

Post by valerie »

As I recieved no booklet i guess p o 7 days is different from mine. I wonder if i phone again they will tell me another story!

Return to “Oceana Cruises 2013”