Children's Facilties

Anything about Princess cruises

Topic author
Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Children's Facilties

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

I'm looking for any feedback on the children's facilities on Princess.

We're planning to take our daughter and grandchildren for 7 nights up the Fjords in 2022. I know it seems a while away but that's when they'll both be the same age group for the kid's clubs. Next year we're committed and in 2021 they'd be in different clubs.

We had been thinking P&O but I'm getting twitchy (don't read this Towny). We still loved the ship when we went on Azura this year but were unhappy with the loud, drunken, loutish behaviour of some other passengers. It was a minority, but I don't want to expose the girls to it.

A mate of mine is just back from Ventura and had exactly the same experience, and came up with the same reason we did. People determined to get their £40 worth out of the drinks package chucking it back from dawn to dusk.

So I'm now thinking maybe Princess, who do a similar itinerary at a slightly higher, but not too much, price. We've not experienced the same behaviour on our trips with them.

So my question is what are the kid's clubs like? Are they comparable to P&O?

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Re: Children's Facilties

Post by Manoverboard »

It's several years since we cruised with Princess on one of their family ships but the kids, although much noisier it seemed than those on P&O, were having a whale of a time. Couldn't help but smile and be pleased for them. The kid's Clubs ' sounded ' boisterous with lots of team games plus interesting asides like forming a rock band … only downside for us was that we had a cabin just a wee way away.

Basically I thought that Princess was, and would continue to be, more outgoing than P&O. Booze costs a great deal more on Princess so although the measures are more generous the likelihood of excessive drinking would be less.

No louts but plenty of casual dressers …. decisions decisions :?
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Re: Children's Facilties

Post by Jan Rosser »

Just been checking back on cruises with the family - they have principally been with P&O but we have done a couple with Princess and only one on RCI which I’ve just reported on and was not impressed with. Not sure how old your granddaughters are Merv but mine have never been in the same age group up to now and sometimes the youngest hasn’t been keen to join in so it will be ideal for yours to attend together. My eldest has made friends on all the cruises and often meets up with them again on other cruises and ships and indeed at home with girls who live locally and she loves it. I suggest you go onto the Princess website as there is info about “upgrades” to the kids clubs but I think they are run very much on the same lines as P&O with lots of activities. Child places on ships is limited so booking early is essential in school holidays.
Janis

Return to “Princess”