Vaccinations

Cruising destinations in the Americas and the Caribbean

Topic author
Helen Excell
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Vaccinations

Post by Helen Excell »

Am confused which vaccinations are compulsory and which are recommended for Caribbean will be on Azura in December, have checked internet but baffled now :D

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Re: Vaccinations

Post by Manoverboard »

One's immunisation nurse at the surgery should be the fountain of all knowledge.

We each had 5 jabs because of the potential ' risk ' rather than because they were compulsory or not.

Checking out the places you will visit on the MASTA site is one option ...

ps … hello and welcome :wave:
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Dancing Queen
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Dancing Queen »

Have never needed compulsory vaccinations for the Caribbean, there are odd islands in South America which highly recommend them but are not compulsory, I would suggest you check with your GP surgery but I would be very surprised if any islands visited by Azura would require any.
Jo

GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by GillD46 »

While not essential, there are a few that should be up to date if travelling to an area where hygiene standards are lower than we are used to. Speak to your Practice Nurse - who may recommend some, including Hep A Typhoid and Tetanus.
Gill

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

I would endorse all the above. Your practice will have the latest information on what is either required or recommended and will know your medical history. In our case it was only suggested we have a couple of boosters, tetanus and polio I think, which was a good idea anyway. Had we'd been staying ashore Hepatitis would have been recommended too. But that's us. Check with your surgery. Your health is too important to take advice from us amateurs on this forum.
Last edited by Mervyn and Trish on 10 Oct 2019, 17:13, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “The Americas”