P&O 2020 and shore excursions

Azura cruises in 2020

Topic author
Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

P&O 2020 and shore excursions

Post by Stephen »

I see P&O have updated their web site and 'My Personaliser' has now been replaced with a revamped addition. Unless I am mistaken you can no longer book excursions before travelling. They now have to be booked on board. They're available to view but not to book online.

Normally if excursion are not yet available they tell you on the website 'not yet available', but now your told 'YOU NEED TO BOOK ON BOARD' which seems bizarre. You would think they would want to get booking sorted well before the cruise so as to make the necessary arrangements.
Last edited by Stephen on 07 Nov 2019, 16:12, edited 2 times in total.

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Re: P&O 2020 and shore excursions

Post by Manoverboard »

Perhaps they get a lot of cancelations and therefore refunds which could involve significant Bank charges … or they are gong to change the system of payment from, say, World Pay to A N Other :angel:
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Topic author
Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

I was surprised I was able to even view shore excursions yet as our cruise is still over six months away. Unless I missed it I couldn't see any prices either.

Could it be yet another P&O co** up? Surely not :sarcasm:

Topic author
Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Untitled3.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Stephen on 07 Nov 2019, 16:51, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Untitled.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

As I understand it you cannot book excursions "experiences" through the Cruise Personaliser once you have been switched over to the new My Cruises but you can book them through My Cruises.

Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Whynd1 »

I'm looking at my April,2020 cruise and my August 2021 cruise personaliser and cannot see any difference.
I would have thought that P and O would want the income stream from pre booking the excursions and would enable them to to know what to book ahead for.

Lindsey

Topic author
Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

I go to the new web site. I then click on 'already booked' and fill in the basic details form to login to my account. I cannot see anything about 'My Cruises' just 'Shore Experiences' and again all excursions are available to view and book...so they say, but the message in bold red letters says 'please book on board', as per example image above.

I give up. They can stick their website where the Sun don't shine.
Last edited by Stephen on 07 Nov 2019, 18:23, edited 1 time in total.

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

Stephen - have you had an email to say use the new "My Cruises"?

Topic author
Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Yes. .

Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Whynd1 »

Ah I haven't had an email yet, our next cruise isnt till April. If you have to book on board imagine the queue at the shore excursion desk !!!!

Personally doing research and booking early for availability and budget is part my holiday.
L

Kenmo1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Kenmo1 »

I'm a bit concerned about one of our excursions on the new system ---- Blarney Castle listed as an excursion for our visit to Porto on Azura in April. I even found myself looking up on google whether there was a castle with a similar name in Portugal just in case PO had entered a name incorrectly. I think we might give that particular excursion a miss.

The only good thing about receiving the e-mail was that it made me remember to change our insurance details but I could only do it for the Azura cruise and I had to use the old system to update the personalisers for the cruises later in the year.

Maureen

Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Whynd1 »

Maureen, I am on Aurora in April and we call at Oporto as well . Hoping we can dock as last time we couldn't get in due to high winds,the pilot tried twice but then had to abandon the call.
Lindsey

Kenmo1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Kenmo1 »

Let's keep our fingers crossed for good weather, Lindsey.

Maureen

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

We once had a Fjords cruise which listed a Mediterranean port on its itinerary.

Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Whynd1 »

At least your excursions are ready Maureen,still waiting for ours. Perhaps because I am still on the old cruise personaliser.
Anyhow on this cruise wont ne booking many.
Lindsey

Kenmo1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Kenmo1 »

Whynd1 wrote: 08 Nov 2019, 11:20
At least your excursions are ready Maureen,still waiting for ours. Perhaps because I am still on the old cruise personaliser.
Anyhow on this cruise wont ne booking many.
Lindsey
You are not missing much, Lindsey. I wouldn't risk booking anything on the new system. It changes from day to day. Yesterday I could see that we had booked anytime dining, today it had disappeared. Yesterday it accepted the emergency telephone assistance number for the insurance, today it had disappeared. Yesterday, I completed the info for our emergency contact, my son, today it said I needed to complete his address again. There are only about 3 excursions showing for each place so I don't think they are all on there. Anyway, we have been to all the ports before so will just do our usual wandering or catch a local bus or ferry.

I will try to resist looking again until after Xmas in the hope that all the bugs have been sorted.
Maureen

Return to “Azura Cruises 2020”