The Good Liar

An area to discuss any books you have read, films that you have seen or television programmes

Topic author
oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

The Good Liar

Post by oldbluefox »

Getting away from Brexit and the General Election we went to the cinema this afternoon to see The Good Liar. It had received good reviews in the Press so off we went and I must say we enjoyed it very much.
Basically it's a story of a more mature couple (Helen Mirren and Ian McKellen) who meet via a dating website. She is the widowed wife of a millionaire and he a career conman. He works himself into her life and moves in with her........... And if you want to know more you'll have to go and see it!!!!
Well recommended.

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Re: The Good Liar

Post by Manoverboard »

Did he get all her money, if he did I'll wait til it comes on the telly :angel:
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Topic author
oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Post by oldbluefox »

Tightwad!!! Get your hands out of your pockets!!!! :lol:

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

I'm not made of money you know and apart from that it's close on 40 miles round trip to the nearest cinema on a cold, cold night :wave:
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Topic author
oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Post by oldbluefox »

Manoverboard wrote: 13 Nov 2019, 14:07
I'm not made of money you know and apart from that it's close on 40 miles round trip to the nearest cinema on a cold, cold night :wave:
It's only 20 miles away. Put the heater on and treat your lady. If not, suck a humbug!! :lol:

kaymar
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by kaymar »

oldbluefox wrote: 12 Nov 2019, 20:29
Getting away from Brexit and the General Election we went to the cinema this afternoon to see The Good Liar. It had received good reviews in the Press so off we went and I must say we enjoyed it very much.
Basically it's a story of a more mature couple (Helen Mirren and Ian McKellen) who meet via a dating website. She is the widowed wife of a millionaire and he a career conman. He works himself into her life and moves in with her........... And if you want to know more you'll have to go and see it!!!!
Well recommended.
Booked for next wednesday on your recommendation - matinee of course! I assume you'll refund my £12 if we don't enjoy it. :)

Ranchi
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by Ranchi »

Just reading the book now. Saw the trailer last time I was at the cinema but didn’t immediately twig it was the same story until I was a few pages in.
Yesterday we went to see Official Secrets which only got fair reviews but we really enjoyed it. - best cheap laugh was the ‘I Got You Babe’ line.
It is/was a shocking story. How some can still hold their head up I just don’t know.
Last edited by Ranchi on 13 Nov 2019, 20:52, edited 2 times in total.

Topic author
oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Post by oldbluefox »

kaymar wrote: 13 Nov 2019, 17:54
Well recommended.
Booked for next wednesday on your recommendation - matinee of course! I assume you'll refund my £12 if we don't enjoy it. :)
Refunds can be arranged through my email address Manoverboard@tuscali.ru :thumbup:

kaymar
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by kaymar »

oldbluefox wrote: 14 Nov 2019, 08:19
kaymar wrote: 13 Nov 2019, 17:54
Well recommended.
Refunds can be arranged through my email address Manoverboard@tuscali.ru :thumbup:
I shan't be claiming the refund you kindly offered, Moby. We went this afternoon and thoroughly enjoyed it, even if the last half hour stretched credibility a little! I've now been threatened with some Christmas film or other :lol:

Return to “Book, Film & TV Club”