P & O Account

Topics that are specific to cruising

Topic author
JillD66
Second Officer
Second Officer

P & O Account

Post by JillD66 »

I assume the majority on here have registered with P & O to set up their account on line.

3 weeks ago I booked a cruise and, despite a couple of phone calls to the Peninsular Club offices, my account still states "no future cruises booked".
I've been using the cruise personaliser to complete personal details, insurance etc and even booked a few trips. P & O say all the details are showing at their end but surely if you have a website - it should work!

Anyone else experiencing the same or is it just me!!

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: P & O Account

Post by david63 »

I have read of similar problems for quite a while - the main thing is that your Cruise Personaliser has the correct details.
JillD66 wrote: 09 Sep 2019, 13:36
P & O say all the details are showing at their end but surely if you have a website - it should work!
Not necessarily. I don't know the details but I do know for a fact that there are multiple systems within P&O and one will update another - so whilst they can see it for some reason the website system has not been updated.

poole boy
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by poole boy »

we have just returned from a 4 night trip to Amsterdam on Aurora we enjoyed it so much that we booked another trip on Aurora in early april on board as it was such a good price we paid the deposit and in return received piece of card with a booking reference the prices paid and cabin number on getting home we had an email with a link to my p&o cruises on opening this it wanted passport details and insurance details but there was no conformation letter of booking no cabin number no date to be paid before.
we have another cruise booked for 2021 and this is the same do you think this is just teething problems with the new system or how things are going to be now I must admit I really liked getting my confirmation letter with all the details on it.
many thanks to anybody who can help with this :?

Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Jan Rosser »

I share your frustration Jill - have three cruises booked but only the two in 2020 are showing on my account although I do have confirmation of them all both from Hays and P&O. I find it frustrating to have to sign in twice before accessing my details although after first sign in it says “Hello Janis” so it acknowledges it’s me :crazy: I have just checked the cruise for 2021 which I accessed through cruise personaliser but in a very haphazard fashion - kept telling me couldn’t find the booking and then somehow it did :roll:
Janis

poole boy
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by poole boy »

Just as a follow up as I had no replies to my post I called in hays t/a this morning to find out that p&o had sent details of our booking onboard aurora to them early this week but the person responsible had forgotten to send me an email, but printed it all out for me this morning.
they also said the new my cruises is not working properly yet mine has a red box in it telling me it is not working and my cruise personaliser has also stopped working since our last cruise last week.
hope this may help some of you with the same problems

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Just tried my cruises account pool boy and all OK. A bit slow loading but that is probably down to my slow internet speed.

poole boy
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by poole boy »

stephen I was told by hays that as I had finished my last cruise on tuesday that was booked before before my cruises came live the 2 cruises we booked in the last month both came with links to my cruises the new site

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

My fault. I should have said 'the new site'.

Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Whynd1 »

Shore experiences are up on my new cruise personaliser for my April ruise on Aurora, so I have booked some. It was a little difficult some disappeared then reappeared.
Anyway all done,but all in all prefer the old site.
Lindsey

Kenmo1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Kenmo1 »

Whynd1 wrote: 29 Nov 2019, 19:09
Shore experiences are up on my new cruise personaliser for my April ruise on Aurora, so I have booked some. It was a little difficult some disappeared then reappeared.
Anyway all done,but all in all prefer the old site.
Lindsey

Seeing that Lindsey has had some luck with her PO cruise excursions for April, I thought I would check out our choices of shore excursions for our April ports. Looked at one for La Coruna only to find the essential information beneath the shore excursion details is all about The Hermitage, the Church of the Spilled Blood and Peter and Paul Fortress. It would be useful if we were going to St Petersburg but not a lot of use for La Coruna, so things still not sorted yet. We will probably just stick with our original plan and just wander as we have been before.

We have booked a Black Friday deal for later in the year on Princess so I just hope they haven't made too many changes as well :roll: Maureen.

Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Whynd1 »

Maureen
Last time we were there booked an excursion through trip advisor to the tower of Hercules. Can recommend,was excellent.
Lindsey

Kenmo1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Kenmo1 »

Whynd1 wrote: 01 Dec 2019, 09:57
Maureen
Last time we were there booked an excursion through trip advisor to the tower of Hercules. Can recommend,was excellent.
Lindsey
Thank you Lindsey.

We walked up there a few years ago on a Christmas cruise but didn't realise then that you could climb up the Tower and instead went into the excellent aquarium which is close by. That area is a nice place for a wander, if not too cold and windy, so might be a possibility for the April cruise.

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

Have you seen the latest from P&O:-

Due to overwhelming demand, we are currently experiencing an issue with booking some cruises on our website. Please call the contact centre on 0344 338 8592. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

So it's not their lousy IT Dept, it is actually their customers fault for trying to book too many cruises, you just could not make it up. :? :shock:
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Not just booking cruises either.

I've been trying to log into my account via my iPad this morning without any luck. Just keep getting the timer going round and round :x . I'll try on the desktop pc later.
Last edited by Stephen on 02 Feb 2020, 08:29, edited 1 time in total.

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Still no joy. :thumbdown:

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

I have just got in - although it did flash up a message "Unauthorised user"!!

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

It must have been a fluke David.

I've tried both my iPad and Desktop PC with different browsers but all without success.

Return to “Cruise Specific Discussion”