Topic author
Suekersh
First Officer
First Officer

Re: Aurora Grand Voyage 2020

Post by Suekersh »

Update from Sue

Wednesday 15 January - Barbados 2 nd day

I woke early again but decided to give the gym a miss as we are going to the beach and I thought I would be doing a lot of swimming and snorkelling.

I watched Ventura docking opposite.

Pirates Cove had been recommended so that is where we headed. A beautiful beach on Browns Beach, Carlisle bay. It was much quieter than the Boatyard but quite lively. It was windy and lots of big waves coming in.

Our biggest disappointment was the bathroom facilities. Everything was quite awful although on the plus side the first time I went there was water soap and paper towels but these weren’t replenished. It was very rough.

The beds weren’t great no padding and at the slightest movement the head part lifted up and smacked the back of my head. It cost 16 US Dollars for 2 beds and a sun parasol. We were sat next to a group of people off Ventura. The lady I spoke to was not very happy and hadn’t a good word to say about P &O or Ventura. They should have been in Barbados on Monday to stock up but their itinerary had changed and they had been running low on food and other provisions. The reason given for the change was that the provisions couldn’t arrive until today. As we had arrived on Monday she accused us of taking their berth. Total rubbish and I told her so.

We could see further round the bay to Lobster Alive and the sea appeared much calmer there there . I think we will stick to that area next time or Harbour Lights. Pirates Cove is less expensive but we would prefer to pay more for comfort. There was no way we could have been enticed to eat here but others were.

There is no entry fee and many passengers were just sitting in the bar area using the very good free WiFi. No password was necessary so they didn’t even need to purchase a drink. If they changed the business model to charge a modest entry fee the extra income could be used to upgrade the facilities.

We headed back to the ship for a shower and lunch then I left Garry to get over his beach experience and I went back into the port area to meet Dai and Linda in Coconuts bar. They were cruising on Ventura and very happy with it. Another Facebook friend Lynne Cantle joined us. Great to meet up.

We had booked dinner in the Beach House for 7 p.m. it made a change not to have to rush to be ready for the ridiculous 6 p.m. dining time.

The Beach House was very busy but a perfect place to dine on an overnight in port. We didn’t feel rushed at all and had a leisurely meal sat outside. Virtually everyone wanted to eat outside and staff kept having to set up more tables and prayed for it not to rain which it didn’t.

We went up to the Tropical party and a local band were playing. It was at the front pool area which isn’t ideal for party nights as too small but does have a small stage for the band to set up. Aurora now has a fabulous aft deck because all the children’s facilities have been removed. This vast space is rarely utilised and the bar rarely open. We didn’t stay long at the party before retreating to the aft deck to have a drink and watch Ventura sail away. They were also having a deck party.

We had intended going to see the Brit tones in the theatre but it was just too nice a night to be inside.

Another day in Paradise tomorrow.

GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by GillD46 »

A few days in Barbados sounds just the ticket.
Gill

Kenmo1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Kenmo1 »

Suekersh wrote: 16 Jan 2020, 14:56
Another day in Paradise tomorrow.
Sue, I think that is called 'rubbing it in' when you see the lousy weather we are getting. Not jealous at all :mrgreen: :lol:

Maureen

MaureenB
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by MaureenB »

Oh so envious Sue.

Loving the reports........keep 'em coming please!!

Regards

Maureen

Topic author
Suekersh
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Suekersh »

Thursday 16 January 2020

The Caribbean wind had died down considerably overnight. Aurora left the berth around 1 a.m. tootled around for a while and then docked for around 6 a.m by the old flour mill which is now a concrete factory. Not a pretty sight but a short distance away we could see a lovely beach.

There didn’t appear to be many sun beds so we set off straight after breakfast. It was about a fifteen minute walk from the ship.

The water was lovely and I tried out my new snorkel. Not much to see as most of the coral had died but there were some fish around. We had a lovely day here and the weather was perfect. There was a bar, clean toilet facilities, and because we there early pads for the beds.

There was a Party Sailaway on the aft of the ship at 5 p.m. but cause of getting ready for the early dining time we didn’t get out there until just before 6 p.m. we were only just sailing away and although some music was playing there was no sign of any party dance going on.

The evening entertainment was Jimmy Tamley the ventriloquist who we have seen before and didn’t enjoy then and the Aurora Orchestra playing 40’s and 50’s music Carmens.

We opted for another evening on the aft deck. It is getting quite popular out there. We watched the lights of Barbados disappear as we sailed South to our next Caribbean port of Tobago.

Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Whynd1 »

I've just arrived at Warners and Sue's e mail popped up so hopefully have managed to post it successfully. Nice and sunny ere in Cheshire.

Kenmo1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Kenmo1 »

Thanks Sue for the latest update and special thanks to Lindsey for posting it. Enjoy your break, Lindsey - you deserve it.

Maureen

Topic author
Suekersh
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Suekersh »

Lovely long update from Sue. Cold but sunny here in Cheshire.
Friday, 17 January 2020 - Tobago

A humid rainy morning welcomed us. As we had had two consecutive beach days we decided to stay In Scarborough. I had checked my notes from two years ago and they looked positive.

Either the town had gone downhill since then or I had been wearing rose coloured glasses.

Garry did the laundry first thing and it opened ten minutes early. As it had been closed for 3 days there were big queues at 8 a.m. I did some ironing but the irons are rubbish and I managed to scorch a pair of Garrys lightweight summer trousers.

We waited for the rain to stop and the sun to dry the ground up before we got off and were immediately accosted by taxi drivers. The good free wi fi in the port area was no more but we were told where we could find it at the mall. It was good there for us but not everyone who wanted it could get on. All of the bars we saw were grotty and very noisy. The nice craft market where we had bought coffee beans from wasn’t there. Many of the nice shops remained closed during our stay. We wandered around for a while but it was very hot and sticky so decided to go back to the ship for lunch and a Crabbies on the aft deck.

I set up my bed in the sun and had a swim. The sun was very hot in the afternoon. The ship was quiet as many passengers were on trips or at Pigeon Point. It was even loud on the ship as there was some sort of Carnival on just outside the dock area. The traffic was at a standstill for over an hour. This is probably why many of the shops had remained closed.

I went to the tours desk to check on my snorkel trips as on previous long cruises I have had them cancelled due to lack of numbers. My Curacao one is going ahead even though it isn’t fully booked, the Bonaire one is probably going ahead but is less than the minimum number required. I won’t find out until tomorrow. The Grand Turk one probably won’t go ahead due to lack of numbers and I have been advised to choose a different one. Grand Cayman one is well booked so not a problem.

The Sailaway had been moved back to the forward pool area so we had our own along with many more passengers on the aft deck. There had been call outs for missing passengers and we did depart later than predicted. I hope everyone got back on board as it’s a long swim to Curacao.

As agreed with the restaurant manager we went down to dinner 10 minutes later than opening time and the dreaded piano had already been turned off. The restaurant manager informed us that he had turned the sound down to a minimum. We had already decided to eat in the Glass House tomorrow so will find out on a Sunday how much difference that makes.

The chefs came out again tonight to chat with the passengers. I think they enjoy this as much as the passengers. I had a fish tonight I had never tried before. It was grilled Marlin. Absolutely delicious and cooked perfectly. I mentioned it to the Exec chef Eldon and he said it had been so popular with first sitting diners that he had to prepare more for 2 nd sitting.

The entertainment in the theatre was a flautist so we stayed on the aft deck until it was time for the 60s & 70s Deck Party. Garry didn’t want to move so I went up alone. I didn’t stay long. It was very hot up there and crowded but a perfect evening for a deck party. The resident band The Choice were playing, I had a couple of dances then went back to join Garry.

A few passengers there chatting and the gossip is that 3 passengers were removed from the ship in Barbados as they wouldn’t stop running on the prom deck early morning. The other sad story going around is that 6 crew members from Arcadia were attacked at gun point in Barbados and their belongings were stolen. I have no idea where passengers get their info from or how true it is.

We have a Sea day tomorrow to Curacao.

Topic author
Suekersh
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Suekersh »

Sue is having better weather than us. So foggy at Warners yesterday didn't go out, so far very frosty. Further update.
Saturday, 18 January 2020- Sea day to Curacao

A very early start this morning and in the gym for 5 a.m. I had missed for the 3 port days so was determined to get a session in.

I was on deck by 7 a.m, and wasn’t the first. I was going to get breakfast first before Garry told me there were people out there already.

It was fab first thing. Caribbean heat but not scorching as the sun wasn’t fully overhead. I waited whilst Garry did his morning walk and when he returned I went for a quick breakfast in the buffet. I sat outside with it and although the food is not as nice as the main dining room it sufficed and was much quicker and much pleasanter to be sat outside in the sun.

It was very very hot. The hottest day so far with very little breeze. I kept having to go in the pool to cool off. I saw June our Battle of the Sexes Captain in the pool. I asked her how we were doing, apparently awe lost big time and a new Battle was starting today. She asked if I was going to go but she knew my answer before she asked. I told her if it started raining or snowing at midday I would be there lol.

Garry couldn’t stand the heat so sat in the shade for a while before going inside to watch the football.

An officer came down to aft deck and I think he must be the bar manager as he wasn’t happy the bar wasn’t open when it was such a fabulous day. He gave instructions for it to be opened. I thanked him as it seems crazy for the deck to be full of passengers yet no bar.

My butler brought my lunch out from the the grab & go during the half time break in the football and I supported the bar and ordered a Crabbies to go with it. By 2p.m. I knew I needed to get out of the sun. It was sizzling hot so I returned to the cabin for a siesta.

We ate in the Glass House and I was very envious of the passengers who had booked the chefs table. This was the third one of this cruise. Exec Chef Eldon saw us in the dining area and came over to say hello as did Samir the Head Wine Officer. Samir had recommended a wine similar to the Billy Billy we used to drink. It was called JamJam Shiraz and he brought us a sample to try. It was excellent.

Our food was fabulous. We shared 3 tapas dishes as a starter, the Prawns, scallops and smoked salmon scotch egg, then Garry had the Haddock and I had the Sicilian Fish stew. We finished with the cheese board to share. As we were both having fish we ordered a bottle of the Albariño White wine. An excellent meal.

The Brit Tones were in the theatre and when we got there they had just started. We stood at the back for a while but decided that we would no doubt get chance to see them again on another cruise.

We walked on the prom deck to let our meal settle then sat on the aft deck. The evening temperature was perfect.

Tomorrow we are in Curacao.

cruisin_duo
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by cruisin_duo »

Thank you Sue for the reports, and also thank you to Lindsey for posting them.

GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by GillD46 »

It sounds so lovely. Really tempting me.
Gill

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

Sue, I am so hating reading your blogs, going on about all that Caribbean sunshine, snorkelling off golden beaches, eating breakfast alfresco in the sunshine, lazing about the ship sipping Crabbies and then off for a wonderful meal in the Glass House, makes me so very envious. :x :thumbup: :thumbup: :wave:
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

Topic author
Suekersh
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Suekersh »

Another update from Sue.

Monday, 20 January 2020 - Bonaire

Hot and windy Bonaire. We looked around the small market area . There were some lovely unusual hand made jewellery but nothing really jumped out saying buy me.

I had bought some glass jewellery a couple of years ago from elements which broke after a couple of wears. I had emailed the owner who agreed to exchange or repair. The owner wasn’t in when we got there but the assistant, once we loaded the email confirmation exchanged the earings and is mending the pendant and posting it to me.

We stopped for a drink but no beer for me as I am snorkelling this afternoon then went to the local supermarket to stock up on cabin supplies.

Bonaire has grown immensely since we first visited here in 2013. More ships are now visiting which must be helping the economy.

The water is so clear here that you can see the beautifully coloured parrot fish by the dockside.

After a quick lunch I went back out to join the P & O Double Reef snorkel trip run by Aqua Adventure.

It was very windy. There were only 23 of us on a catamaran which would take 80 so loads of room to move around. We were given a fruit punch as we boarded and set off to the first snorkel spot over a reef.

The sea was very choppy and not ideal conditions for snorkelling. We were split into two groups and got into the water. Bonaire is renown for it’s clear water but today it was quite sandy because of the wind. The reef wasn’t an ideal snorkelling area as it was far too deep and was really a dive area. The swim out was easy as the current was taking us but the swim back to the boat was exhausting. I am a strong swimmer but many of our group were older and less able. One lady got into trouble and had to be rescued by the very able crew. It was a disappointing snorkel but I hoped our second stop at Klein Bonaire would be better.

Back on the boat I asked for water to clear the salt and was charged 3 US dollars for a bottle of water. We weren’t even offered a cup of water.

The next stop at Klein Bonaire was much worse than the first stop. I have never done a snorkel trip on a boat which involved walking along a beach to then snorkel back to the boat. I asked a member of the crew whether to wear sand shoes or fins. He told me fins as it was soft sand. It wasn’t. There were large sections of coral and although I tried to walk over it In bare feet I couldn’t. Other passengers had ignored the advice to wear fins and had worn their sand shoes. I refused to go any further and another man joined me. We got into the sea and swam back to the boat. The snorkelling was virtually non existent. It was probably the worst snorkel trip ever. Another lady had to be helped to get back to the boat as the current and taken her past it and she just didn’t have the energy to get back.

The wind certainly made it a difficult day but the choice of snorkel spots didn’t help. I have snorkelled here on past cruises from catamarans and there are some lovely shallower reefs around Bonaire.

We were given a rum punch or fruit punch on the way back. One passenger summed the trip up perfectly when he said it was ‘a good workout’.

We had invites from the Loyalty team to dine at the Beach House as a party of twenty most cruised passengers. We had a lovely fun table with just five of us on it. Captain Pembridge visited every table for photos and chatted for a while We started with some fizz and canapés. It was a smaller menu than normal but plenty of choice. The red and white wine flowed all night. It was a great night, and as the ship was sailing into the wind we were sheltered from it at the back.

I was exhausted and after the meal we returned to the cabin for an early night.

GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by GillD46 »

That trip sounds very unpleasant and for me would have been awful, as I’m not a strong swimmer, though well used to snorkeling.
Gill

Topic author
Suekersh
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Suekersh »

Update from Sue

Hi all in grotty Saint Vincents today. Gorgeous day on ship. Just come into the terminal for wi fi.

Tuesday, 21 January 2020 -Sea day to Grenada.

It was still a bit dull whilst I was in breakfast and extremely windy on deck. The sun broke through and I found a sheltered spot out of the wind. I had to move as the jacuzzi kept spilling over but by then the sun was red hot and the wind was more of a breeze on the sheltered aft deck.

I spent another day in the sun. There was a bbq on deck which meant that the grab & go was closed so no butler service today. Although he did bring me a magnum down.

I had a very lazy day in and out of the pool to cool off.

It was the 4 th formal night, and a very nice basket of fruit and smoked salmon & caviar canapés arrived. There was no note or card with them so we are still playing the guessing game.

The evening entertainment was Jimmy Tamley the ventriloquist who we had no intention of seeing and the Headliners Top of the Billboards in Carmens. We were going to go to the 2 nd show but we didn’t end up going as we were having drinks on the aft deck and chatting to others with the same idea.

Tomorrow we are in Grenada.

Wednesday, 22 January 2020 - Grenada

It was a lovely sail in and as we got closer we could smell the spices wafting in on the gentle breeze.

A large MSC ship followed us in and blocked all balconies views on the starboard side of Aurora.

We got off early as we were on a mission to find an opticians to repair Garry’s sunglasses or failing that to buy some ones. He had researched one on line and had a map of how to find it. We left the terminal and walked through the narrow tunnel. This was hair raising as it was very narrow and no pavements. As it was rush hour there was no break in the traffic. I breathed a sigh of relief when we reached the other side but it was short lived as the next road didn’t have pavements either and was just as busy and narrow. We found the opticians, the glasses were mended and we set off back the same way we had come.

In the terminal taxi drivers were touting for business and for 25 US dollars each we joined a group for a trip into the interior of the island. The vehicle was air conditioned and we had plenty of room. Sone of the vans we saw were crammed full. Pastar our driver and guide took us to a spice shop, then into the forest reserve of Grand Etang and the Annandale falls which were beautiful. There is a fee of 2 dollars each to view the falls and the divers were there asking tourists for 5 dollars to see them dive, ladies with baskets on their head were asking for money to have photographs taken and a man with a monkey was doing the same. Such a shame that such a beautiful nature reserve has become so commercialised.

Our next stop was was in the highlands of the reserve where we saw the deep green lake cupped in the crater of an old volcano. The views were spectacular but again the charge to see them was another 2 US dollars each. There was free wi fi here and a bar which served homemade ginger beer with a real kick to it. I opted for a rum punch. We found a little shop selling nutmeg oil which was another mission completed. We also saw the monkeys playing in the trees.

Pastar took us back the same route, stopping at a viewing point and then headed towards the fabulous Grand Anse Beach. It was absolutely heaving. He dropped some passengers off there and then took the rest of us back to the terminal building, via another viewing point near Fort Frederick.

We looked around the souvenir shops in the terminal but nothing enticed us to buy. I had bought a dress in Bonaire for 10 US and here they were asking 22 US for the same dress.

Back on ship we had a late light lunch and I had a swim and a couple of hours on the aft deck.

The evenings entertainment was Terry Cotta’s second show in the theatre. He was hilarious and showed what an all round talented entertainer he is. Not only extremely funny but an impressionist and he has a great singing voice as well.

The Aurora Orchestra were playing Glen Miller big band music in Carmens but we went out onto the aft deck for another evening under the stars.

Tomorrow we are in St. Vincent’s.

Topic author
Suekersh
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Suekersh »

Further update from Sue

Thursday, 23 January 2020 - St. Vincent

It was a fabulous sunrise but as it was at the front of the ship I only saw it on the mast camera.

There was a bit of liquid sunshine but nothin much. St Vincent is a very green island. We had been here a couple of times and not had great experiences. The first time we went to a beach which was a dump with broken sunbeds and litter.

The second time we had planned to see the botanical gardens in the town but we couldn’t get past the very intimidating taxi drivers. So turned round and got back on ship.

This Island is beautiful inland and is where the Pirates of the Caribbean was filmed but having done the countryside in Grenada yesterday we didn’t want to do a long trip in a taxi again today.

We had decided to have a day on board Aurora but when we docked we noticed that a new terminal building had been erected. We ventured inside there for a look around. This was certainly a great improvement and a vast number of Aurora passengers were in there.

The hundreds of intimidating taxi drivers were gathered outside and if passengers dared to venture outside the terminal they were pounced upon. They weren’t getting much business .

We stayed for an hour caught up on e mails and had a look round the terminal shops before returning to the ship and my bed in the sun.

We had booked the Scenic Sailaway which was held on deck 14 above the Crows Nest. This is a huge area at the very top of Aurora and an ideal location for this event. We met in the Crows Nest and were given a glass of bubbles before we climbed the stairs to the top deck.

Here we were met with a Vodka and cranberry cocktail, the drinks just kept flowing. There were so many waiters that as soon as the glass was empty it was replaced with another. There were four different cocktails as well as wine on offer, Gin tonic and elderflower, rum punch and a whisky one as well as the a Vodka and a Cranberry. Lots of canapés being served as well. It was a great event and well worth the £20 charge.

The best thing about St Vincent for us was sailing away.

Meg 50
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Meg 50 »

it's a shame that the taxi drivers are stopping people exploring. Praps the tourist office should be told that they are being 'shot in the foot'?
Meg
x

Topic author
Suekersh
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Suekersh »

Hi all
Another nice update from Sue .

Friday, 24 January 2020 - St Lucia

Another hot sunny day in the Caribbean. We were docked in the paupers dock whilst the Braemar and Mein Schif got the posh berths at Seraphine point.

When we went out on deck we realised that our iPads had picked up free wi fi from a building across the road. It was very fast and posted photos with no problem.

We caught the little ferry over to Seraphine point to look around the shops and bars there. I was amazed when the ferry arrived that it was full of passengers coming from the posh side to the paupers side. Perhaps they were coming to the market or had they heard about our free wi fi?

I bought a dress that just sort of jumped out at me and I got a free murano glass pendant that matches the dress. Garrys real ale radar which hasn’t been working this cruise zoned in on a little bar close to the Rum shack called Antilla Real Ale. They had four to choose from a Chocolate stout, Pale Ale, Light ale and a speciality Passion fruit beer.

All of the brewing products are imported from the UK. He was in his element.

Another couple from the ship were there and told us about an unofficial Brexit Party to be held at the pennant bar on the upper aft deck on 31 January.

Whilst waiting for the ferry back to the dark side I spoke to another passenger who recognised me from Facebook. Hi Elizabeth great to meet you in person.

We had a look around the market area but only bought a fridge magnet. 2 US here rather than the 5 US they wanted on the posh side.

We got into lunch just before they closed and my favourite Frito Misto was on the menu. It was to share but I have to admit I ate 90% of it. We then spent the rest of the afternoon on the aft deck with the free WiFi.

Once again no Sailaway party on the aft deck and because of the ridiculously early dining times the aft deck was deserted at 17:30.

The Captain announced that as storing was continuing we would be about 45 minutes late sailing away. As we have a sea day tomorrow it won’t make any difference to our arrival time in Antigua on Sunday.

Another excellent fishy dinner this time Sea bass for me and a Crepe Suzette to finish. Yum yum but the lbs are piling on and still another 5 weeks of temptation left.

We finished the night once again on deck 11 aft under the stars chatting to other pax who after numerous nights talking to them I realised that Joy was also part of the Aurora Facebook group when she referred to Garry my butler.

We aren’t seeing much of the entertainment on this part of the cruise but don’t feel we are missing anything.

A relaxing sea day tomorrow.

Kenmo1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Kenmo1 »

Whynd1 wrote: 25 Jan 2020, 12:51
Once again no Sailaway party on the aft deck and because of the ridiculously early dining times the aft deck was deserted at 17:30.
We always used to go to the sailaways when they were held on the aft deck but we don't bother so often now that it is held up top. Probably not very logical but we feel that the tiered system at the back seemed to add to the atmosphere and you could get some really good photos as memories with everybody looking down on the entertainment team dancing. Times they are a-changing and not always for the best.

Thanks Sue and Lindsey for the update.

Maureen

GillD46
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by GillD46 »

Pardon my ignorance, have I got it totally wrong or are you saying there are sail away parties that you actually have to pay for?
Gill

Kenmo1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Kenmo1 »

GillD46 wrote: 25 Jan 2020, 14:09
Pardon my ignorance, have I got it totally wrong or are you saying there are sail away parties that you actually have to pay for?
Gill, we have only ever been to the free sail aways (the flag waving/singing ones on the aft deck of Oriana and Aurora which some enjoy and some loathe) but I have seen fee paying parties advertised in the Horizon often for sailing from areas with stunning scenery e.g. Venice. From what I remember you pay a fee and you get cocktails and nibbles and an excellent view. We are too tight to pay for that :lol: Possibly someone who has attended one will be able to advise you better.

Maureen

Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Whynd1 »

Hi All

Sue sends her apologies, she is unable at the moment to access this web site using the ships wifi.
So Sue is unable to reply to any comments.

Lindsey

Gill W
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Gill W »

Kenmo1 wrote: 25 Jan 2020, 13:22
Whynd1 wrote: 25 Jan 2020, 12:51
We always used to go to the sailaways when they were held on the aft deck but we don't bother so often now that it is held up top. Probably not very logical but we feel that the tiered system at the back seemed to add to the atmosphere and you could get some really good photos as memories with everybody looking down on the entertainment team dancing. Times they are a-changing and not always for the best.

Thanks Sue and Lindsey for the update.

Maureen
Aurora's beautiful tiered aft lends itself well to sailaways. As you say, some great memories. My favourite was sailing away from Fiji on my 57th birthday. it was amazing enough to spend a birthday in Fiji, but the sailaway in perfect weather was the icing on the cake.
Gill

Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Whynd1 »

When we were on Arcadia last September,they came round at the welcome aboard do for loyalty passenger's offering the sailaway at a specific port of call with Captain and officers etc. It includes as Sue mentioned a number of cocktails, wine etc.
I think it was about £20. We declined as we had a balcony ( unusual for us ) and our own drinks.

It's another money making enterprise by P and O, a nice one though if you fancy it. We got talking to a couple who were ligurian tier, I am Baltic and the top 20 had been invited to a afternoon tea which was nice.

I very much like the idea of the chefs table in the glasshouse on Aurora and if they offer it when we are on in April depending on the menu ( I am allergic to shellfish, if this an be accommodated ) will hope to book the experience. I just love the Ocean grill on Arcadia.

Lindsey

Topic author
Suekersh
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Suekersh »

Update from Sue.

Saturday, 25 January 2020 - sea day to Antigua

A very calm hot sunny sea day as we very slowly cruised due to North to Antigua.

I got my spot on the Aft deck and stayed there all day reading, swimming, chatting to other pax, and completing the crossword.

My butler brought me lunch from the Grab & Go a lovely relaxing day just what sea days are meant for.

It was the final formal night of this financial sector of the cruise and of course Burns night.

The Haggis was piped in and Paige one of the entertainment staff read the ‘Ode to the Haggis’.

We had a dance before heading up to he aft deck for another night chatting under the stars. There was a different act on in the theatre called Power of 2 a dance duo to Arabian music. I will find out tomorrow if it is worth seeing their second show.

Tomorrow we arrive in Antigua and on just checking tomorrow’s a Horizon there will be a Sailaway party from the Aft deck.

Return to “Aurora Cruise Reports”