**IMPORTANT UPDATE REGARDING REFUNDS** From P&O Cruises president, Paul Ludlow I wanted to take this opportunity to a

A feed from the P&O Facebook page

Topic author
Official Autopost
Bot
Bot

**IMPORTANT UPDATE REGARDING REFUNDS** From P&O Cruises president, Paul Ludlow I wanted to take this opportunity to a

Post by Official Autopost »

**IMPORTANT UPDATE REGARDING REFUNDS** From P&O Cruises president, Paul Ludlow I wanted to take this opportunity to address the issue of refunds as I am very aware of how imperative it is that those of you who opted for a refund, instead of an enhanced Future Cruise Credit, receive your money back as swiftly as possible. The first thing for me to stress is that the refund process is underway. We are proud to be a travel company which is able to offer refunds but the impact of Covid-19 upon our business, your businesses, and all of our lives has been devastating, and therefore the complexity and scale of this task has been unprecedented for us. At P&O Cruises, we have had to adapt our ways of working very quickly as we set up new systems and all our colleagues began working from home. I understand that some of you see us as a big business “holding on to your money” as some of our guests have been commenting publicly, but I assure you I am very aware of the financial constraints everyone is under at the moment and we are not delaying this intentionally. The first cruises were cancelled due to Covid-19 in the middle of March and whilst we expected to process the first refunds sooner, we revised that to ‘up to 60 days’ when we realised the impact the pandemic was having on our wider business and teams. I know that “up to 60 days” is not ideal and it is certainly not the service you would normally expect from us but sadly “normal” has taken on a new meaning. In the past few weeks, despite the challenges, we have been able to put new technology and systems and also additional resource in place which will result in more refunds being processed more quickly and I hope this will improve the situation daily. We will also be contacting all of you who have requested a refund. For those of you who opted for an enhanced 125% Future Cruise Credit I want to highlight that we are amending our systems so that the FCCs will soon be able to be redeemed online without the need to call us. More details on that coming at the end of the month. To give you maximum flexibility, I’m also pleased to announce that you now have until the end of December 2021 to put your FCC against a booking for any holiday on sale during that period, which should help with your planning if you already have future holidays booked with us. Also do remember that FCCs may now be used to upgrade or for a second cabin for any booking in 2021 or 2022 (holiday departure period currently on sale) and also may be gifted or transferred to someone else. This option too will apply to further out departures as and when they go on sale, until as stated above, the end of December 2021. I never underestimate the feeling and affection that many of you have for our ships and for our business as a whole. It is a huge privilege to have so many very loyal guests who holiday with us time and time again. Thank you so much for your understanding and forbearance as we work our way through these difficult circumstances, it really is very much appreciated. I’d also like to thank once again the many of you who have sent messages of support, whether it be to myself, or to the thousands of our team members, ship and shore, during these difficult times. We look forward to sailing again soon and welcoming you back on board.

(Feed generated with FetchRSS)

Source: https://www.facebook.com/179746530781_10158152020095782

barney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Re: **IMPORTANT UPDATE REGARDING REFUNDS** From P&O Cruises president, Paul LudlowI wanted to take this opportunity to a

Post by barney »

That’s a lot of words without proper punctuation or paragraphs.
Impossible to read.
Thanks P&O
Empty vessels .. and all that

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Re: **IMPORTANT UPDATE REGARDING REFUNDS** From P&O Cruises president, Paul LudlowI wanted to take this opportunity to a

Post by Stephen »

Try this barney
-—------------------------

**IMPORTANT UPDATE REGARDING REFUNDS**

From P&O Cruises president, Paul Ludlow

I wanted to take this opportunity to address the issue of refunds as I am very aware of how imperative it is that those of you who opted for a refund, instead of an enhanced Future Cruise Credit, receive your money back as swiftly as possible.

The first thing for me to stress is that the refund process is underway. We are proud to be a travel company which is able to offer refunds but the impact of Covid-19 upon our business, your businesses, and all of our lives has been devastating, and therefore the complexity and scale of this task has been unprecedented for us.

At P&O Cruises, we have had to adapt our ways of working very quickly as we set up new systems and all our colleagues began working from home.

I understand that some of you see us as a big business “holding on to your money” as some of our guests have been commenting publicly, but I assure you I am very aware of the financial constraints everyone is under at the moment and we are not delaying this intentionally.

The first cruises were cancelled due to Covid-19 in the middle of March and whilst we expected to process the first refunds sooner, we revised that to ‘up to 60 days’ when we realised the impact the pandemic was having on our wider business and teams.

I know that “up to 60 days” is not ideal and it is certainly not the service you would normally expect from us but sadly “normal” has taken on a new meaning. In the past few weeks, despite the challenges, we have been able to put new technology and systems and also additional resource in place which will result in more refunds being processed more quickly and I hope this will improve the situation daily. We will also be contacting all of you who have requested a refund.

For those of you who opted for an enhanced 125% Future Cruise Credit I want to highlight that we are amending our systems so that the FCCs will soon be able to be redeemed online without the need to call us. More details on that coming at the end of the month.

To give you maximum flexibility, I’m also pleased to announce that you now have until the end of December 2021 to put your FCC against a booking for any holiday on sale during that period, which should help with your planning if you already have future holidays booked with us.

Also do remember that FCCs may now be used to upgrade or for a second cabin for any booking in 2021 or 2022 (holiday departure period currently on sale) and also may be gifted or transferred to someone else. This option too will apply to further out departures as and when they go on sale, until as stated above, the end of December 2021.

I never underestimate the feeling and affection that many of you have for our ships and for our business as a whole. It is a huge privilege to have so many very loyal guests who holiday with us time and time again.

Thank you so much for your understanding and forbearance as we work our way through these difficult circumstances, it really is very much appreciated. I’d also like to thank once again the many of you who have sent messages of support, whether it be to myself, or to the thousands of our team members, ship and shore, during these difficult times. We look forward to sailing again soon and welcoming you back on board.

barney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by barney »

:thumbup: :wave:
Empty vessels .. and all that

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

But does anyone believe a word of it?
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

barney wrote: 13 May 2020, 23:16
That’s a lot of words without proper punctuation or paragraphs.
That is due to the way that this type of post is brought over from Facebook

poole boy
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by poole boy »

well I am a lot happier with Cunard now as I received an e-mail from my t/a hays last night saying my refund from my cruise on June 7th will be in my bank in the next 3 days very happy with that :P

Onelife
Captain
Captain

Post by Onelife »

Hi Stephen, would you like a job as my secretary? ;) …that would have taken me ages…and I would still have got it wrong :thumbup:

Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Whynd1 »

My 60 days will soon be up.

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Onelife wrote: 14 May 2020, 10:16
Hi Stephen, would you like a job as my secretary? ;) …that would have taken me ages…and I would still have got it wrong :thumbup:
To be fair, a friend emailed it over to me last night. I just copied and pasted it on here.

Gill W
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Gill W »

From a scan of various forums and social media, it looks like Paul Ludlow's announcement has gone down like a lead balloon with those who have already been waiting more than 60 days
Gill

Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Whynd1 »

That announcement should have been e mailed to every passenger with a P and O booking reference not just pladed on social media.

MaureenB
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by MaureenB »

Whynd1 wrote: 14 May 2020, 18:03
That announcement should have been e mailed to every passenger with a P and O booking reference not just pladed on social media.
Indeed........especially as some of us (me specifically!! lol) do not partake of Face cloth or any other social media. It is a very bad state of affairs for P & O. There are other companies out there managing refunds in a timely manner home workers or no.

Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Whynd1 »

Has anyone tried through to P and O.
It seems to be all automated voice recordings.

Grando
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by Grando »

Rang P&O this morning after speaking to Iglu as we are on day 62 and waiting! Iglu told us that we would get our refund direct from P&O so rang them on 08003581023 and after holding 27 minutes got through to Anthony who was very polite and understood our feelings. He went and checked and said we would be receiving a cheque direct from P&O but it has not been processed (originaly paid by credit cards), when asked when it would be he couldn't say but 'maybe' next week. You get the feeling they are just telling you what they have been told to say and the phone call will not make any difference as to when you will get your refund! Our cruise was R006 and due to sail April 11th on Aurora.
Doreen
Last edited by Grando on 15 May 2020, 12:19, edited 1 time in total.

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

Grando wrote: 15 May 2020, 12:18
when asked when it would be he couldn't say but 'maybe' next week. You get the feeling they are just telling you what they have been told to say
Possibly but another reason could be that if they are working from home then they will not have the normal interaction with what is going on in Carnival House.

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Rang P&O this morning after speaking to Iglu as we are on day 62 and waiting! Iglu told us that we would get our refund direct from P&O so rang them on 08003581023 and after holding 27 minutes got through to Anthony who was very polite and understood our feelings. He went and checked and said we would be receiving a cheque direct from P&O but it has not been processed (originaly paid by credit cards), when asked when it would be he couldn't say but 'maybe' next week. You get the feeling they are just telling you what they have been told to say and the phone call will not make any difference as to when you will get your refund! Our cruise was R006 and due to sail April 11th on Aurora.
Doreen
I'd give them one more week then contact your credit card company.

Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Whynd1 »

I was supposed to be travelling on R006 as well. Checked the credit card this morning, nothing.
So I have contacted my ta who chased up P and O.

Although I filled in the online refund form they had me down as FCC which they said they had changed.
I have said one more week then I am contacting the credit card company.

Gill W
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Gill W »

Doreen
A cheque wouldn't be a very efficient way of doing the refunds. As they are mostly working at home, I doubt if they have allowed staff to take cheques home to write or print, so they need someone in the office to prepare all the cheques, then they need to get the authorised signatories to sign them, so it'll take ages. They could have asked for your bank account details and arranged to send the money by BACS, as that would be quicker and would save you having to pay the cheque in.

Having said that, I'm still waiting for my last £100 back from Fred Olsen (the deposit paid on board). The BACS payment was authorised on 23rd April and would take a few weeks, but not yet received!

As others have said, it's getting to the time where you should think about involving your credit card company.
Gill

Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Whynd1 »

We were originally told that cruise refunds would be done in date of cancelled cruise order, this does not now seem to be the case. Passengers are finding refunds paid into their accounts without being contacted by P and O. Only yesterday a passenger reported his refund was paid into his account and he only applied in April for a cancellation in May.

Very random.

Grando
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by Grando »

I am getting more and more fed up reading that some are getting their refund who applied after us, there really doesn't seem to be any system in place, maybe it's who shouts loudest gets it first. Well I think you are right Stephen and the section 75 credit card refund will be the next step. They really are trying my patience to the limit, 63 days now!
Doreen

Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Whynd1 »

Any news on anyone's refunds, I am now at 63 days and nothing.

Lindsey

Grando
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by Grando »

Not a word Lindsey have sent 2 emails to head office, messaged them and rung them we will give them until tomorrow 67 days and then we are going for the credit card! I think we have been very reasonable!

Doreen

kaymar
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by kaymar »

Just received an email from P&O referring to the refund of "FCC" which we applied for two weeks ago, in respect of the "cancellation fee" for J003 which we cancelled at the end of February. The relevant part is :-

The first cruises were cancelled due to Covid-19 in the middle of March and whilst we expected to process the first refunds sooner, we revised that to ‘up to 60 days’ when we realised the impact the pandemic was having on our wider business and teams.

We know that “up to 60 days” is not ideal and it is certainly not the service you would normally expect from us.

However, in the past few weeks, despite the challenges, we have been able to put new technology, systems and additional resource in place which will result in more refunds being processed more quickly, and we intend that this will improve the situation daily.

Following initial trials of our new processes, we are responding to refund requests received in date order, with this our priority focus and will respond to your request as soon as we possibly can.

Well, at least we know something is happening :tired:

vivian
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by vivian »

Received full refund this morning for G003

Return to “Facebook Feed”