Brand new cruiser - Victoria advice

Anything about Cunard cruises

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Re: Brand new cruiser - Victoria advice

Post by oldbluefox »

Onelife wrote: 19 Dec 2020, 11:56

I have noticed over recent months that you have been very lackadaisical in correcting my grammatical errors…you need to pull your socks up…Just saying! :D :wave:
He's given up. There were too many to cope with!!! :lol: :wave:

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Post by oldbluefox »

david63 wrote: 19 Dec 2020, 11:12
Don't Hurtigruten guarantee that you will see the Northern Lights and if not you some (all?) of your money back
You are correct David.............
"If the Northern Lights do not appear on your cruise to Norway, we will give you another 6 or 7-day Classic Voyage FREE OF CHARGE. The promise is applicable on select voyages between 1 October and 31 March".

Onelife
Captain
Captain

Post by Onelife »

oldbluefox wrote: 19 Dec 2020, 12:01
Don't Hurtigruten guarantee that you will see the Northern Lights and if not you some (all?) of your money back
"If the Northern Lights do not appear on your cruise to Norway, we will give you another 6 or 7-day Classic Voyage FREE OF CHARGE. The promise is applicable on select voyages between 1 October and 31 March".
It must get a bit frustrating getting that 4am phone bridge phone call saying its your last chance to see the lights … or no refund. :)
I’m presuming between theses dates there must be a pretty good chance of seeing them… nevertheless quite reassuring for those who have booked.

Btw Foxy, I’m using Spel checher now. :thumbup: :D :wave:

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

oldbluefox wrote: 19 Dec 2020, 12:01
They do, but it comes with conditions. They have to be seen from the bridge. Doesn't say how bright they have to be, how long or what the time of day or night. Might be 1 minute at 3am through the Third Officer's best binoculars!

But if it happens it must be amazing to see.

Onelife
Captain
Captain

Post by Onelife »

I know this will sound a bit farfetched but when I was a kid, I remember seeing what I believe were the Northern lights in my village which is situated just north of Stratford upon Avon….it was beautiful!!

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Post by oldbluefox »

Probably the consequence of your first foray into wacky baccy. 🤣

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

We did a similar Christmas Riverboat Cruise to JM, our cruise included the Bank Holidays but note that the market venues are frequently deconstructed on the 22nd. We therefore saw zilch in Cologne but some of the other places did remain open to accomodate our visit :clap: :clap:

Also did pre Christmas on Aurora and thought that Luneburg, Germany, was tops.
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Post by oldbluefox »

I had a look at the excursions on Hurtigruten. If you think P&O are expensive theirs were eye watering. It could turn out a very expensive cruise.

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Onelife wrote: 19 Dec 2020, 12:31
I know this will sound a bit farfetched but when I was a kid, I remember seeing what I believe were the Northern lights in my village which is situated just north of Stratford upon Avon….it was beautiful!!
I think you’ll find that was guy fawkes night and you were holding a sparkler :D

Onelife
Captain
Captain

Post by Onelife »

Stephen wrote: 20 Dec 2020, 10:58
Onelife wrote: 19 Dec 2020, 12:31
I think you’ll find that was guy fawkes night and you were holding a sparkler :D
Having done a bit of research it could be that I witnessed the 1958 auroras, which were unusually active during…. Bonfire night :thumbup: :D

Return to “Cunard”