Azura refit

Discussions about anything related to Azura

Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Re: Azura refit

Post by Kendhni »

Are you going to finish the cruise we started last year? We are there in March as well ... and really looking forward to it. Fingers crossed

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Ray B wrote: 14 Oct 2021, 19:07
I hope they put their best welders on the job to repair the crack, I am on it in March. We don't want a cut and shunt job done on it. :lol:

I heard they’re using plumbers mate to fill it.

Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Post by Kendhni »

Stephen wrote: 15 Oct 2021, 07:30
I hope they put their best welders on the job to repair the crack, I am on it in March. We don't want a cut and shunt job done on it. :lol:

Will the mate be happy about that?

Topic author
Ray B
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Ray B »

Use to have a plumbers mate when I first started in plumbing&heating, handed over to me from an old plumber who was retiring. He was as good as any plumber and did pass on some tips to me. Can't afford mates nowadays.
Ken, I hope to complete the cruise this time, can't face that mooring off Bridgetown again, laying on the sunbed being served drinks with the sun relentlessly shining down from the clear blue sky. Having to drag oneself to the buffet or the cool inviting swimming pool. Then the night time of eating and entertainment and to then do it all over again the following day.
Those back home in the cold wind and rain did not know the suffering we were having to endure. 😂😂
Don't worry, be happy

Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Post by Kendhni »

Ray B wrote: 15 Oct 2021, 12:18
Use to have a plumbers mate when I first started in plumbing&heating, handed over to me from an old plumber who was retiring. He was as good as any plumber and did pass on some tips to me. Can't afford mates nowadays.
Ken, I hope to complete the cruise this time, can't face that mooring off Bridgetown again, laying on the sunbed being served drinks with the sun relentlessly shining down from the clear blue sky. Having to drag oneself to the buffet or the cool inviting swimming pool. Then the night time of eating and entertainment and to then do it all over again the following day.
Those back home in the cold wind and rain did not know the suffering we were having to endure. 😂😂
It was awful, and to add insult to injury they gave us our money back for the second week ... disgraceful!

Topic author
Ray B
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Ray B »

Stephen wrote: 15 Oct 2021, 07:30

Stephen, have used tubs and tubs of the stuff unlike some 'Plumbers'? today, who bed everything into the bathroon sanitary with mastic. For the poor plumber called to do maintenence on the fittings it can be annoying (put very politely).
Don't worry, be happy

Return to “About Azura”