N128

Ventura cruises in 2021

Topic author
MicheleW
Second Officer
Second Officer

N128

Post by MicheleW »

Have been seeing all the posts recently about people being moved from aft cabins to allow them to be used for isolation if needed and just got an email from P&O today saying that this applies to us! Had been expecting it to tell you the truth. The email states that we will remain in a cabin in the same grade or higher than originally booked but the location may vary. So now we just have to wait and see where we will end up. We originally booked C723. Doubt if we will keep a C deck balcony - not that we would use it very much on a North European cruise - and just hoping we don't end up on Riviera deck under the buffet!

It's typical - we very rarely go for cabins this far back!

Michele

Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Re: N128

Post by Kendhni »

I always found that P&Os definition of 'higher' and mine differed significantly, when it came to cabin grades.
Hope you get a good equivalent.

Topic author
MicheleW
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by MicheleW »

Good news! Just had a new confirmation from P&O with our new cabin number and we have just been moved a few cabins forward to C633!

Very happy with that!

Michele

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Post by oldbluefox »

Good result Michele. But will there be enough room for your shoes? A friend was asking..... 👍

barney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by barney »

We always go C deck when possible.
Our next two booked are Ventura and Azura C deck.
Empty vessels .. and all that

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

D deck is good as well if you want a bigger cabin but a bit smaller balcony. Only applies to certain ships though.

Topic author
MicheleW
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by MicheleW »

We always pick the c deck cabins on Ventura and Azura, so really pleased they have kept us on the same deck. Even if it rains you can still get some fresh air and keep dry!

Apparently the aft lifts are out of bounds too, so that means a lot more walking to the mid lifts, which means I can eat even more pudding!

OBF - I'm sure I'll have plenty enough room for my shoes - it's only 5 nights and I'm not planning on downsizing the luggage, so I'll have room for soooo many!! :D

Michele

Norman
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Norman »

Hi to the luck ones that have been moved we booked N128 back in April and were allocated HC grade Mid Fwd R303 Accessible cabin very disappointed in P&O they have canceled our cruises completely. Can’t understand why if someone contracts covid they need to move them surely they would isolate in there own cabin. This is our second cruises with P&O and our friends who were coming with us in cabin R305 this is there first cruises with P&O and have not had there cruises cancelled. Of course they now don’t want to go. Very disappointed with P&O and feel I have been discriminated against because my legs don’t work and I am in a wheelchair. Not even a phone call to explained just an email canceling the cruises. P&O have gone down in our list of cruises lines we would use please let me know your thought

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

I would hope that all those with Covid would be grouped in the same gangway rather than being spread all round the ship. A few may of course need to be taken to a Hospital at a convenient Port.

Booking a cruise during a pandemic is a lottery, some get to go whereas others do not.

C'est la vie.

ps .... Hello and welcome :wave:
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Whynd1 »

It's a little confusing isnt it,they are emptying these cabins but offloaded one passenger in Cadiz when he contracted covid.

I believe it's all done to the health protocols at the port of call.

Very disappointing for all concerned in your group Norman.

Lindsey

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

Norman wrote: 01 Nov 2021, 14:10
Hi to the luck ones that have been moved we booked N128 back in April and were allocated HC grade Mid Fwd R303 Accessible cabin very disappointed in P&O they have canceled our cruises completely. Can’t understand why if someone contracts covid they need to move them surely they would isolate in there own cabin. This is our second cruises with P&O and our friends who were coming with us in cabin R305 this is there first cruises with P&O and have not had there cruises cancelled. Of course they now don’t want to go. Very disappointed with P&O and feel I have been discriminated against because my legs don’t work and I am in a wheelchair. Not even a phone call to explained just an email canceling the cruises. P&O have gone down in our list of cruises lines we would use please let me know your thought
We had exactly the same thing happened to our Britannia cruise on 9th Oct., I complained via e-mail to P&O, using the executive correspondence at Carnival address, but all I got was platitudes.
However I doubt very much that Riviera deck is the one being used as a quarantine area, it seems too close to the Lido deck grill area to be a sensible location for an isolation zone.
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

I would expect the isolation zone to be in the ' Accessibility ' cabins in order to keep all the Covid cases in one place.

Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Whynd1 »

I see from P and O wensite this this cruise is sold out.

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

Manoverboard wrote: 02 Nov 2021, 09:38
I would expect the isolation zone to be in the ' Accessibility ' cabins in order to keep all the Covid cases in one place.
What most cruise lines are doing is closing of an entire section, which includes adequate accessible cabins. This seems to be between stairwells, which makes it easier to isolate the area of all footfall.
John

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

As long as the system caters for all passengers then it's a non problem ...

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

Manoverboard wrote: 02 Nov 2021, 12:45
As long as the system caters for all passengers then it's a non problem ...
Unless your booking is for a cabin in the quarantine area, and there is no suitable alternative.
John

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

It's a problem for one or two persons. Like I said it's a non problem unless one is that person(s) :wave:

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

Manoverboard wrote: 02 Nov 2021, 16:06
It's a problem for one or two persons. Like I said it's a non problem unless one is that person(s) :wave:
Nope, it's a problem for anyone who had booked a cabin in what is now a quarantine zone, which seem to cover about 50-100 cabins.
John

Quizzical Bob
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Quizzical Bob »

Whynd1 wrote: 02 Nov 2021, 10:03
I see from P and O wensite this this cruise is sold out.
That doesn’t necessarily mean that the ship is full.

Whynd1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Whynd1 »

No, arnt they running at approx 70% of capacity until the end of the year.

Lindsey

Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Post by Kendhni »

Some articles I read had talked about capacity as low as 30%. There is an article here that gives more info about capacity by line
https://www.worldofcruising.co.uk/cruis ... es-marella

Ray B
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Ray B »

I feel for Norman, it must be a massive disappointment, something he would by now had starting to get excited about.
We do have to remember that in no way is this pandemic over yet and cruise ships operator's sometimes have to make decisions for the safety of passengers that unfortunately result in some holidays being canceled.
It is still a gamble to go anywhere on holiday at the moment as things can change so quickly.
I have a cruise booked in four months time, time enough for a sudden rise in covid rates in the countries we will hope to be sailing to..
Don't worry, be happy

Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Post by Kendhni »

17 Weeks Ray :)

barney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by barney »

Ray B wrote: 04 Nov 2021, 12:38
I feel for Norman, it must be a massive disappointment, something he would by now had starting to get excited about.
We do have to remember that in no way is this pandemic over yet and cruise ships operator's sometimes have to make decisions for the safety of passengers that unfortunately result in some holidays being canceled.
It is still a gamble to go anywhere on holiday at the moment as things can change so quickly.
I have a cruise booked in four months time, time enough for a sudden rise in covid rates in the countries we will hope to be sailing to..
Four months time Ray ?
Smack bang in the middle of the next lockdown 😉
Empty vessels .. and all that

Topic author
MicheleW
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by MicheleW »

Well, the new rules on returning to the UK from aboard have put a spanner in the works! Neither OH or I can self-isolate at home on our return waiting for our (hopefully) negative results - we are supposed to be back at work on 4th January! Don't know how this is going to pan out at all - if this is still a requirement when we go we will have to cancel.

Return to “Ventura Cruises 2021”