Ventura June cruise (Sue and Garry)

Reports about cruises on Ventura

rogerrovers
Cadet
Cadet

Re: Ventura June cruise (Sue and Garry)

Post by rogerrovers »

Safe journey home , and many thanks for your reports .

Jenny

Topic author
Suekersh
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Suekersh »

Todays report from Sue and Garry.

Friday 17 th June - Final Sea day to Southampton
The Bay of Biscay has had hardly a ripple. The sun is full on our Starboard balcony and we watched the Dolphins playing in the calm waters.

Room service arrived with breakfast, ice and lemon followed by house keeping with fresh towels, toilet rolls, milk and other necessities to keep us going.

The wine is chilling ready for lunch along with plenty of soft drinks as it is a hot one today but a gentle breeze means it is comfortable to sit out and enjoy it.

After praising room service on Ventura they let us down today. After chasing our lunch 3 times for them to say it’s on its way they finally admitted the order had been lost and the main kitchen was closed.
We ordered omelettes from room service which arrived only 15 minutes before a huge afternoon tea our friend had arranged for us. If we had known it was coming we wouldn’t have ordered lunch.

Luckily the sun was on our balcony all day and it was glorious. I finished off our supplies of Rosé wine and stayed outside until the last rays of sun moved over the ship to the port side.

Neither of us felt much like dinner so just picked the best bits out. The flambéed prawns were delicious.

The food has been excellent on board but by the time it gets from the kitchens to the isolation cabins it is obviously not the same as being served in the dining room.

We are now in cabin waiting to disembark the ship but there has been a hold up with luggage so approx an hours delay.

LadyPCruiser
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by LadyPCruiser »

Hope you feel better soon sue - when is the next cruise for you both?

screwy
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by screwy »

Myself & Screwess we’re on the same cruise,returning home today.
We heard the announcement about the most travelled passengers but didn’t realise it was Sue & Garry.
It was a very enjoyable cruise but Hells bells there are some sights that shouldn’t be seen around the decks.

One thing I wasn’t happy about and I don’t know if it’s been the case since cruising started up again, is that you have to carry your unfinished wine bottle out of the restaurant, Looked like a ship full of Wineos looking for a quiet corner.

We were also on C deck but Port side,. Pain in the a*se having the aft doors shut because of COVID cabins.
Mel

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

screwy wrote: 18 Jun 2022, 20:16
I don’t know if it’s been the case since cruising started up again, is that you have to carry your unfinished wine bottle out of the restaurant
That would appear to be ship specific as it certainly was not the case on Britannia

LadyPCruiser
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by LadyPCruiser »

It was the case on Aurora !

Return to “Ventura Cruise Reports”