Not so suite anymore?

Topics that are specific to cruising

Topic author
GymnasticGeorge77
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Not so suite anymore?

Post by GymnasticGeorge77 »

We’re currently in a lovely suite on Azura. It is the beginning of our second week of our canaries cruise.
When we booked our suite we expected to receive the usual suite perks that we have before and that we’re advertised at the time if booking.
Unfortunately our champagne was replaced with a very cheap bottle of wine, the box of luxury Belgian chocolates had been replaced by a bar of chocolate and there was no lovely box of toiletries in the bathroom. Daily canapés had been reduced to celebration nights only and fresh flowers had gone also.
I had a week of expressing my concerns and arguing with various staff who told me that this was now the case across the fleet.
To cut a long story short a private and confidential letter to the captain brought immediate results and I am told that not only my husband and myself but all suite passengers on Azura will receive the package that they paid for from tomorrow.
I wonder if anyone else has been affected by this? One manager told me it was the case across the fleet.
I have a personal assurance (although I am still waiting for it in writing)that the two cruises that I already have booked for this year and for next will come with all the benefits advertised at the time of booking.
If you have experienced this recently be aware that you have been a victim of miss selling because of false advertising by P & O.
Incidentally this morning, P&O websites still are advertising all the suite benefits included in your cruise.

Topic author
GymnasticGeorge77
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Re: Not so suite anymore?

Post by GymnasticGeorge77 »

If you are thinking of booking a suite be sure to check the advertised information as P&O have changed the information in their most recent brochures.
I took a screenshot of what is currently available on their website. They can’t argue with that.

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

Good for you George. You paid for it so should receive it.

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

I won't bore you with all the details but we had a similar experience with our Timeshare apartment where some of the nice touches suddenly disappeared and senior managers all tried to dismiss our concerns. It was finally resolved after we wrote to the Chairman of the company, which bears his family name. At our next visit the perks were restored and the very senior manager whose money saving idea this had been had been sacked!

barney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by barney »

Captain Neil would sort it out.
He’s extremely down to earth and very proactive.
Good for you George for getting it resolved.
Empty vessels .. and all that

Ray B
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Ray B »

Well done George for sticking to what you believed to be what was promised when booking, was your rite and seeing it through.
Looks like you handled well. I believe that nothing is achieved by screaming, shouting and waving your arms about, but by staying calm, put your point across and after a couple of times then moving your complaint higher.
Good for you doing just that and getting a result.,myself has found requesting an officer so far has resulted in a satisfactory conclusion for the rare times I've had to raise a complaint.
Don't worry, be happy

Onelife
Captain
Captain

Post by Onelife »

It sounds like you pommeled them into a back flip George…well done you! :clap:

Return to “Cruise Specific Discussion”