Traitors

An area to discuss any books you have read, films that you have seen or television programmes

Topic author
david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Traitors

Post by david63 »

Wondering what all fuss was about with this program I decided that I would watch the first couple of episodes.

Having now watched them I still don't understand what it is all about. Think I will watch some paint drying next!

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Re: Traitors

Post by Stephen »

When I first saw the title I thought you were talking about Onelife :D

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

Didn't bother with that prog but we are recording the series of Truelove and Tourist .... any thoughts on those two ?
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Post by oldbluefox »

We watched the last series of The Tourist and enjoyed it. This one, after two episodes seems to be just as good. I have not slept through any part of either episode so it's a great recommendation.

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

We love Traitors. The only programme in this genre we ever watch. Fascinated by the machinations of the participants to avoid the chop.

Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Jan Rosser »

Mervyn and Trish wrote: 07 Jan 2024, 18:58
We love Traitors. The only programme in this genre we ever watch. Fascinated by the machinations of the participants to avoid the chop.
Me too Merv - love the deviousness and how false and two faced some people are :crazy:
Janis

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Post by oldbluefox »

Onelife wrote: 08 Jan 2024, 11:20
you’ve only got to listen to some of our forum members to see how they have been brainwashed into believing their ‘Royal Family’ still have a purpose in an era where social disparities are still increasing. :shock:
And the naivety of those who think doing away with the monarchy and having an elected president will solve social disparities. The more stable countries are those with a monarchy. :roll:

Onelife
Captain
Captain

Post by Onelife »

oldbluefox wrote: 08 Jan 2024, 15:15
Onelife wrote: 08 Jan 2024, 11:20
you’ve only got to listen to some of our forum members to see how they have been brainwashed into believing their ‘Royal Family’ still have a purpose in an era where social disparities are still increasing. :shock:
And the naivety of those who think doing away with the monarchy and having an elected president will solve social disparities. The more stable countries are those with a monarchy. :roll:
I have to admit that the “firm” have done an excellent job in cajoling the monarchists into believing the Monarchy keeps the UK stable…on what grounds they have to say this is open to debate but the consensus of opinion as to what constitutes a countries stability generally revolves around the stability of its political system. :shock: :lol:

Time for a change me thinks

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

Manoverboard wrote: 06 Jan 2024, 10:08
.... we are recording the series of Truelove and Tourist .... any thoughts on those two ?
So ..... having recorded the 6 episodes of Truelove we watched the first two last night.

Anybody else watching or didn't you bother thinking that it may be a luvey duvey wokey pokey romance. Nope, its all about an aging group of friends who have a deep love and respect for each other. Getting old is their collective problem and assisted suicide is their solution.

Tricky subject of course and it will, I believe, test your resolve if you presently support the concept of euthanasia.
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Post by oldbluefox »

I watched an episode of Traitors this week and must admit, as with Big Brother I hadn't got a clue what the purpose was or what it was about. It's very popular but what the attraction is has totally passed me by. I'd rather plait fog.

Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Jan Rosser »

oldbluefox wrote: 20 Jan 2024, 08:02
I watched an episode of Traitors this week and must admit, as with Big Brother I hadn't got a clue what the purpose was or what it was about. It's very popular but what the attraction is has totally passed me by. I'd rather plait fog.
No point watching one episode halfway through the series Foxy 🤣. I’ve watched both series and weirdly enjoyed both - may be it’s an acquired taste like watching football - I’d rather “plait fog” than watch a lot of prima donnas throw themselves to the floor rolling around screaming foul - get my gist 😉. Incidentally I’ve never watched Big Brother or the jungle nonsense eating unmentionables 🤢.
Janis

Topic author
david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

I've been watching this series from the start, more out of curiosity than addiction and to see what all the fuss is about - the latter I am still trying to work out!

I doubt that I will be watching another series. :thumbdown:

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Post by oldbluefox »

Jan Rosser wrote: 20 Jan 2024, 09:41
oldbluefox wrote: 20 Jan 2024, 08:02
No point watching one episode halfway through the series Foxy 🤣. I’ve watched both series and weirdly enjoyed both - may be it’s an acquired taste like watching football - I’d rather “plait fog” than watch a lot of prima donnas throw themselves to the floor rolling around screaming foul - get my gist 😉. Incidentally I’ve never watched Big Brother or the jungle nonsense eating unmentionables 🤢.
Jan, how can you possibly not like football? Clearly you have never watched Leicester City!!! :lol:
Traitors, Big Brother, Get Me Out of Here must all be acquired tastes. My sister is a big fan of Big Brother but it's clearly passed me by. She is a bit weird though!! :lol: :lol:

Stephen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Stephen »

The brief clips and interviews I’ve seen, i’m like you David, none the wiser what it’s all about. It’s certainly not making think it’s a must watch. But then again I’m not a big fan of game shows. I watch the tail end of Pointless most evenings to see if they win the money and that’s about it.

Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Jan Rosser »

Each to their own I say - we’d be a boring lot if we agreed about everything. At least this post is back on track - it certainly veered off subject for a while :lol:

By the way Foxy I check up on Leicester City every week - pleased to see how well they are doing :thumbup: I’ve got fond memories of visiting Leicester from when my son lived there.
Janis

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

We're still glued to it. Which is odd because we can't stand anything else remotely like it. But I understand it's a Marmite show. Anything these days that gets an audience of more than 10% of the population is a huge hit.

paultheagle
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by paultheagle »

Traitors is a must watch show for me, was last year is this year.
Up the Palace

Return to “Book, Film & TV Club”