E313 Canary Islands cruise

Oceana cruises in 2013

Topic author
bassman67
Second Officer
Second Officer

Re: E313 Canary Islands cruise

Post by bassman67 »

Have they told you that Oceana is leaving dock at 3.30pm instead of 5.00pm?

valerie
Cadet
Cadet

Post by valerie »

yes i recieved an 'urgent' email from them (well my husband did) but he has never booked as a lead name and dosen't know how to switch a computer on, so suprised it was addressed to him. Our ferry leaves at 10.30 so we are always at the dock by 11.45 so no differnce to us re boarding time....still no booklet or luggage lables yet but the post does not arrive until 10...but i shan't hold my breath!!

valerie
Cadet
Cadet

Post by valerie »

well postman has been a guess what no brochure!

Topic author
bassman67
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by bassman67 »

Nothing in my post yetand it's the 24th today!

valerie
Cadet
Cadet

Post by valerie »

Had email which.said post was slow that was on 23 still nothing said it was posted on 10th

valerie
Cadet
Cadet

Post by valerie »

Any lables yet?

Topic author
bassman67
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by bassman67 »

Not a thing and no reply from reservations to my email of yesterday!

valerie
Cadet
Cadet

Post by valerie »

the reply to my first email told me that it was down to the postal service. I have emailed them again, and so far no reply. There is quite a long thread on this subject on crowsnest, so I think they are giving everyone the run around.

valerie
Cadet
Cadet

Post by valerie »

After another call they are re sending should be with me by friday!!!

Topic author
bassman67
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by bassman67 »

I got promised my luggage labels to be delivered first class mail yesterday. Hopefully for arrival on Monday. I've already booked shore excursions on-line. i seems that once they've got your money, that's it. I'm waiting to hear "have a nice day" the next time I have to call!

Topic author
bassman67
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by bassman67 »

The labels arrived this morning - printed out from my Cruise Personaliser! I GIVE UP!

valerie
Cadet
Cadet

Post by valerie »

still nothing here but i am expecting the same as you!! It was the tour booklet I wanted more than the lables. Well the packing has started (well bits of it are spread out around the house) i don't actually put it in the case until monday/tuesday, but my husbands contibution is to put the cases on the ferry, he has no clues as to what he will be wearing on holiday!!

valerie
Cadet
Cadet

Post by valerie »

Needless to say same as you i recieved my labels today, (although i was told the booklet was coming) only to recieve black and white printouts from cruise personliser. Why don't they just tell you that you are not recieving the brochure anymore even if you book vantage fare!

Topic author
bassman67
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by bassman67 »

This time tomorrow we'll be on our way to Southampton, labels or no labels. Just dropped off my son and his family at Stansted for a fortnight in Brittany, so I'm glad we don't have the airport security shambles they are facing this morning. I'm sure that 9/11 spawned a whole new career for the intellectually-challenged. Have you ever considered the standard of the security at our airports, judging by the calibre of staff on duty?

Topic author
bassman67
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by bassman67 »

Well, we're back from the Canaries cruise. it was very enjoyable, not least due to some excellent dinner companions on Table 108 and the finest Syndicate Quiz team members on Table 11. Hats off to Sally & Tony and Hilda & Stan. After always coming 2nd, we finally did it on Saturday night!
In passing, the cruise booklet, complete with luggage labels, arrived on Wed 12th. We sailed on Tuesday 11th. Nice one, P&O!

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

Put them in a souveneer bag with the blue slippers ... or they paper ones now :clap:
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

valerie
Cadet
Cadet

Post by valerie »

We too had a fantastic holiday, but sad to hear that Oceana is going to P & O Australia in 2015, we have 3 more cruises booked on her at least though, don't know which ship we shall sail on then.

Quizzical Bob
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Quizzical Bob »

valerie wrote:
We too had a fantastic holiday, but sad to hear that Oceana is going to P & O Australia in 2015, we have 3 more cruises booked on her at least though, don't know which ship we shall sail on then.
What??? That's the first I've heard, terrible news. :(

valerie
Cadet
Cadet

Post by valerie »

Well I can't say its gospel, but we were having lunch with the Ex Purser this week and the person sat next to us told us that she was being sent to Australia in 2015 and she just looked at us and didn't say a word. I guess he must have got the information from somewhere.

Return to “Oceana Cruises 2013”