Arcadia Suites

Discussions about anything related to Arcadia

Harriet
Cadet
Cadet

Re: Arcadia Suites

Post by Harriet »

Hi

we have have suites at the side and also at the back. The suites at the back are possibly slightly smaller than the suites at the side but are much bigger than the balcony cabin. We always have one at the back corner because you can always get sun - the balconies really are fabulous and the inside is lovely. My only advice would be to go lower down as higher up have more of an overhang and can be in shade more - but they are lovely suites

Topic author
emjay45
First Officer
First Officer

Post by emjay45 »

Harriet wrote:
Hi

we have have suites at the side and also at the back. The suites at the back are possibly slightly smaller than the suites at the side but are much bigger than the balcony cabin. We always have one at the back corner because you can always get sun - the balconies really are fabulous and the inside is lovely. My only advice would be to go lower down as higher up have more of an overhang and can be in shade more - but they are lovely suites
Thank you Harriet. People have been very helpful and I have had photos sent to me, so I think I can now make a decision with all the information I have :thumbup:

arcadialover
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by arcadialover »

I love Arcadia as a ship but think the suites are disappointing when compared to Oceana for example as they are just one large room. We prefer the mini suits on Arcadia.

CaroleF
First Officer
First Officer

Post by CaroleF »

I have been on Arcadia twice now - the last time in June. I don't dislike her but she certainly would be my least favourite of the P&O ships (sailed on all except Ventura and Aurora). I have been trying to think what it is about Arcadia that I don't warm to. We have had a corner suite and a midships minisuite. Both were very pleasant - not a patch on the aft suites or aft minisuites on Oceana. When I think of Arcadia I think there are two things I don't like - the décor for one - I don't like all those swirly grey and maroon carpets. I also miss having a proper atrium. The atrium such as it is, is really just a staircase going from one deck to another, nothing amazing about it. We were on the upper floor of the Meridian Restaurant which I certainly preferred to the lower deck. We usually had breakfast on the lower deck when we were in the minisuite and it always felt a little claustrophobic. Also if seated at the aft of the ship it was very noisy when we were at sea. The theatre is amazing. I really like the Intermezzo Bar for a pre-dinner drink and the Crows Nest is very pleasant. So it's really just a feeling. I'm not saying I wouldn't go on her again if it was an itinerary we wanted to do but she certainly wouldn't be my first choice.

Isn't it funny what one person loves another person dislikes - good job we have a lot of choice.

Carole

Return to “About Arcadia”