Drinks Package

Anything about Celebrity cruises

Topic author
ChrisB
Third Officer
Third Officer

Drinks Package

Post by ChrisB »

We are booked on the Celebrity Eclipse and have been given their Classic drinks package. Can anyone out there in cyber space tell me what wines there are in the Classic package? Would it be worth us upgrading the package?

Thanks for any help.
Regards
Chris

Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Re: Drinks Package

Post by Kendhni »

Hi Chris, try here or here

They seem to have more than one package referred to as 'Classics'.

Topic author
ChrisB
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by ChrisB »

Hi Ken, the links is not working just takes me to a blank Celibrity page.
Regards
Chris

Topic author
ChrisB
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by ChrisB »

Oops! Sorry about spelling, should be Celebrity....... doh!
Regards
Chris

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

ChrisB wrote:
Hi Ken, the links is not working just takes me to a blank Celibrity page.
The links work OK for me - although I will admit that they do seem to be a bit slow to fully load

Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Post by Kendhni »

I think they must have a site problem, the links were loading fine for me earlier but not particularly well at the minute. Try this link
http://www.celebritycruises.com/planAnd ... e_packages

and in particular click on the 'Premium and classic' and 'Wine package' tabs.

If that still doesn't work, do a google search for 'celebrity classic drink package' and select some of the links it returns

Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Post by Kendhni »

Just in case ... if you have the 'classic wine package' (as opposed to any of the other classic packages then it says the following
Celebrity Cruises proudly partners with the following brands to offer you excellence and value:

Sparkling Wine
Bouvet Signature, France

White Wines
Chardonnay, Penfolds, Koonunga Hill, Australia
Vouvray, Michel Picard,Loire, France
Sauvignon Blanc, Chateau Ste. Michelle, Horse Heaven Hills
Sauvignon Blanc, Murphy Goode, California
Chardonnay, Santa Ema, "Select Terroir", Chile
Riesling, S.A. Prum, "Essence", Germany
Pinot Grigio, Fantinel, Borgo Tesis, Italy

Rose Wines
Gaga Rose, by Kendall-Jackson, California
White Zinfandel, Beringer, California

Red Wines
Malbec, Luigi Bosca, "La Linda", Argentina
Cabernet Sauvignon, Beringer, Founder's Estates, California
Pinot Noir, Matua, New Zealand
Garnacha, Altovinum, "Evodia", Spain
Zinfandel, Renwood, Sierra Foothills, California
Tempranillo, Condesa de Laganza, Spain
Syrah , Chateau Ste. Michelle, Washington
Cabernet Sauvignon, Columbia Crest "H3" Horse Heaven, Washington
Merlot, Sebastiani, California
If it is the 'Classic Beverage Package' then that seems to be a more general drinks package which includes
Celebrity Cruises proudly partners with following brands to offer you, our guests, greater pleasure and value. Package selections include, but are not limited to the following brands:

Coke, Diet Coke, Fanta Orange, Coke Zero, Sprite, Diet Sprite, Barqs, Aqualina, Coffee, Tea, Cranberry, Pineapple, Tomato, Apple, Grapefruit, Coors Light, Becks, Heineken, Amstel Light, Corona, Heineken Light, Franziskaner, Dos Equis, Red Stripe, Samuel Adams, Leffe, O'Doul's Non-Alcoholic, Johnny Walker Red, Dewars White Label, J & B, Cutty Sark, Canadian Club, Seagram's VO, Seagram's 7, Jameson, Jim Beam, Jack Daniel's Courvoisier VS, Carlos 1, Metaxa 5 Star Classic, Hennessy VS, Beefeaters, Tanqueray, Absolut, Smirnoff, Stolichnaya, Three Olives, Bacardi, Malibu, Captain Morgan Original Spiced, Jose Cuervo, Disaronno Amaretto, Bailey's Irish Cream, Frangelico, Drambuie, Sambuca, Kahlua, Bolini, St. Francis, J & H Selbach, Southern Right, Paul Jaboulet, Jean Luc Colombo, Beringer, Heron's Nest, Tenuta de Nozzole, Rutherford Ranch, Marques de la Concordia.

Topic author
ChrisB
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by ChrisB »

Ken, Thank you so much for that information and for going to all that trouble for me. I will have a drink for you when we are on board.
Regards
Chris

Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Post by Kendhni »

Just let me know if I enjoyed it :)

Dancing Queen
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Dancing Queen »

We went for the Premium package as it gave a much better choice at the time ( this was two years ago though ) whichever you decide on it is excellent value especially if you have a lot of sea days and of course you don't have to purchase in advance you can buy the package at any time once you are on board.
Jo

Topic author
ChrisB
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by ChrisB »

Thanks for the info Jo.

Ken, I will let you know if you enjoyed.
Regards
Chris

kruzgal
Cadet
Cadet

Post by kruzgal »

You can always upgrade part way through the cruise. It costs $11.50 per person per day. You could always try the classic package for the first few days and then upgrade if you are finding it limited and just pay the upgrade for the remaining days. The premium package will give you a wider range of wine to choose from, but the biggest difference seems to be in the cocktails - with the premium package you can have any cocktail from the molecular & martini bar (these are excluded from the classic package.)

Topic author
ChrisB
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by ChrisB »

Kruzgal, Thank you for that information. This will be our first cruise with Celebrity so all these things will be new to us. We have done 25 cruises with P & O but after our last one, which was in june, we both felt it was time for a change.
Regards
Chris

kruzgal
Cadet
Cadet

Post by kruzgal »

As they say, a change is as good as a rest! I am sure you will have a good time - we have cruised many times with Celebrity so any other questions, just ask away! Which itinerary are you doing?

Topic author
ChrisB
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by ChrisB »

Kruzgal, We are doing the Canaries. Have done them many times before but this time we are also going to the Azores and Fuerterventura, we have never been to these places. For us it's a lot about the cruise and the ship. So a new ship to us is quite exciting. We have an Aqua cabin. From what I have read, all the cabins seem to be the same size. We thought this being the first time on Celebrity we would try this out.
Regards
Chris

kruzgal
Cadet
Cadet

Post by kruzgal »

That sounds like the perfect combination to me - Aqua class and a drinks package! We have never tried Aqua, but will definitely be doing so once our teens are no longer cruising with us (for some reason they don't fancy it). Blu is a lovely small scale dining room (similar to a speciality restaurant) and therefore much quieter than the main dining room. It is open for breakfast and dinner to Aqua cabins only. The cabins are all similar, although, as with any other ship, there are always some considered to be in a better location than others. I use the 'Sticky' on the Celebrity page of the cruisecritic website forum when choosing a cabin - it is basically a list created by people who have sailed on a Celebrity Solstice class ship and post their cabin number & comments.

From what I have been reading the sommeliers are very good in Blu and will bring you wines by the glass to complement the food you have ordered. One thing I always tell people new to Celebrity is always ask if there is something you would like that you feel is missing. I see lots of comments such as "you don't get much veg with your meal" which can be true, but if you ask for an extra dish they will bring it. After a couple of nights, once they get to know what you like, they will anticipate this and bring it automatically.

Have a great cruise - and let us know how you get on! Any other questions, ask away (even if it is a bit 'off topic'!)

Topic author
ChrisB
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by ChrisB »

Kruzgal, Thank you for all that information. We are really looking forward to dining in Blu the menu looks like our kind of food.

I will let you know what the experience has been like for us. As you say when your "teenagers" no longer cruise with you an Aqua cabin would be a nice treat.We no longer have teenaged children, we have teenaged grandchildren, which we have taken on a couple of cruises with us.
Regards
Chris

haveabeer
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by haveabeer »

We also on board september 2014 to canaries we decided to go concierge and also have the drinks package we have always been with P&O but felt a change was necessary
I felt that the cost of the cruise including drinks and tips was very competitive o really looking forward to cruising with celebrity.
I am trying to convince myself that i would like to have an earlier cruise looking at next may to the Fjords again with celebrity i am thinking it could be a taster cruise :lol:
Dave

Topic author
ChrisB
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by ChrisB »

Havabeer, We are looking at the earlier cruise too. We just keep following each other about. We must meet up sometime.
Regards
Chris

haveabeer
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by haveabeer »

We seem destined to meet up, we are going to wait till after the new year and see if the prices drop I have set a budget for it and will book once it gets there.
Well that's the plan probably book it next week knowing me :lol:
Dave

bstonehouse
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by bstonehouse »

I have to say that we found the wines in the Classic Package not too good, but they were OK with the Premium Drinks Package, for everything else we could have managed with the Classic but the choice for everything is better in the Premium Package, notably Liquers. The other point often overlooked is that if you ask for a drink that is over the Classic drink price limit you have to pay the whole price of the drink, but on the Premium Package you only pay the amount over the limit. We were not sailing from the UK so our limits were $8 and £12, so on the Classic a $9 drink cost $9 but on the Premium a $13 drink cost $1. Also by the time you take into account all the Water, soft drinks and premium coffee we found the Premium package to be good value for us.
Brian

haveabeer
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by haveabeer »

bstonehouse wrote:
I have to say that we found the wines in the Classic Package not too good, but they were OK with the Premium Drinks Package, for everything else we could have managed with the Classic but the choice for everything is better in the Premium Package, notably Liquers. The other point often overlooked is that if you ask for a drink that is over the Classic drink price limit you have to pay the whole price of the drink, but on the Premium Package you only pay the amount over the limit. We were not sailing from the UK so our limits were $8 and £12, so on the Classic a $9 drink cost $9 but on the Premium a $13 drink cost $1. Also by the time you take into account all the Water, soft drinks and premium coffee we found the Premium package to be good value for us.
We booked for next year direct with celebrity I have the classic drinks package I was told that should we want a more expensive drink then we just pay the difference
Dave

bstonehouse
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by bstonehouse »

haveabeer wrote:
bstonehouse wrote:
We booked for next year direct with celebrity I have the classic drinks package I was told that should we want a more expensive drink then we just pay the difference
That was not the case in November on Solstice (not ex-UK), although that may have changed or may be different from the UK. You would need to clarify with Celebrity.
Brian

kruzgal
Cadet
Cadet

Post by kruzgal »

haveabeer wrote:
bstonehouse wrote:
If you want a more expensive drinks package then you just pay the difference (currently $11.50 per person per day to upgrade from Classic Alcohol to Premium Alcohol). It is true that on the Classic Package you pay for the whole drink if it is more expensive, on the premium package you just pay the extra amount.

haveabeer
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by haveabeer »

i have a question we holiday with another couple and and we usually buy drinks as required if we buy drinks then we always buy for our friends
they do the same
Like Pre dinner drinks whoever is ready first then they go to the bar and order drinks for everyone my question is can you still purchase four drinks and put them on your package or does esch person have to get there own drinks and each sign for it
Dave

Return to “Celebrity”