Celebrity Infinity

Anything about Celebrity cruises

Topic author
JanetH
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Celebrity Infinity

Post by JanetH »

Has anyone been on Celebrity Infinity? Any information about Celebrity and Infinity would be welcome :)

Dancing Queen
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Re: Celebrity Infinity

Post by Dancing Queen »

Sorry I haven't been on Infinity but have been on Eclipse.

Fabulous cruise and I wouldn't hesitate to sail with them again, I would say 1* up from P&O.

We had a standard balcony cabin which is probably slightly larger than the ones on P&O and has a nice leather sofa in the seating area ( as far as I'm aware all cabins have sofa's ) I especially liked the bathrooms which had a good size shower with doors so no nasty curtain clinging to you.

Our dining choice was freedom dining as we were with a group of friends, never had to wait for a table and the service was excellent as was the choice of food, I'm not sure if it was available when we sailed but if you are freedom you can now go to your cruise personaliser and book your dining table size/time for each individual night which is very useful if you have a late departure from any ports or want to see a show pre dinner.

We also purchased the drinks package which at the time seemed quite expensive approx £1100.00 for the two of us ( there is a cheaper package available ) this included all drinks up to $12 per drink, premium brand spirits, cocktails, a good choice of wines, beer/lager, soft drinks, speciality coffee's and water ( the $12 may have altered now ) as we were on a 17 day cruise with quite a lot of sea days we more than broke even :lol:

Another plus, on all UK sailings there are tea/coffee making facilities in the cabins which are not normally available on US ships.

One downside for me was only 3 formal nights in 17 days especially with the amount of sea days and the rest were smart casual but it would not deter me from booking with them again.

I also found the cruise personaliser difficult to navigate ( and we moan about P&O :roll: )

I think the crew on any ship are superb but on Celebrity I would have to say they were exceptional and the best I have ever encountered.

Just ask if you have any specific question and I will try to answer it for you.
Jo

Dancing Queen
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Dancing Queen »

I don't seem to be able to edit so just another thought, you will need to take an adaptor with you as plug sockets are US.
Jo

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

Infinity is a Millenium class ship which we sailed on back in 2007, the earlier class to Solstice (Eclipse) and similar in size to Arcadia. It only has one MDR but I think they now offer a Freedom type dining in part or all of the upper tier.
We agree with DQ that Celebrity rates higher than P&O on food and Service but their entertainment is not as good. I do not think the M class bathrooms have "glass" doors like the Solstice class, but I'm fairly certain they all have s sofa sitting area.
The balconies on standard cabins are about the same size as R, A and B decks on Azura/Ventura, but all M class ships have what Celebrity afficianados term the sweet 16 which are double depth and are on deck 6:- M class ships have hidden gem large balconies cabins on deck 6 Forward, called" sweet sixteen" 8 cabins on each side -6021,6023,6025,6027,6029,6031,6033,6035,6016,6018, 6020,6022,6024,6026,6028,6030.
Hope this helps.
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

Dancing Queen
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Dancing Queen »

I didn't realise that Towny, I was thinking Infinity was one of the newer ships ( don't have a brochure so couldn't check )

Did I read somewhere that Celebrity are going to update all their ships.

Agree about the entertainment :o
Jo

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

Dancing Queen wrote:
I didn't realise that Towny, I was thinking Infinity was one of the newer ships ( don't have a brochure so couldn't check )

Did I read somewhere that Celebrity are going to update all their ships.

Agree about the entertainment :o
I think they have "Solsticised" all the Millenium class ships, but I believe that only means adding a few of the select dining venues that were specific to Solstice. I don't believe they have changed any staterooms.
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

arrbee
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by arrbee »

We've been on both Millennium and Solstice class ships and the Solstice ships definitely have the edge for us. The cabins are spacious, although we found the sofas really hard and uncomfortable, but especially liked the shower area. The ships are of course really modern and very beautiful with a light airy feeling. Our first cruise was on a Millennium class ship and at the time we really liked it, mainly because of the service and food as mentioned by others. We didn't like the 15% service charge on every drink and we also were disappointed with the entertainment other than in the main theatre which is the main reason we haven't cruised with Celebrity for a year or two. All we got were very US style groups performing what I'd call muzak. The ships just seem to lack the fun and variety we've enjoyed with P&O, but it depends I guess on what you're looking for.

Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Jan Rosser »

Sailed on Infinity in 2006 - it was from San Francisco through Panama Canal to Fort Lauderdale. Lots of extras like carrying your tray and finding you a seat in the buffet, fresh salads made to order plus pancakes and omelettes and a pasta bar where they would make up a pasta of your choice. Not sure if all this is still available - so many cutbacks these days. Only drawback - booze - a bottle of wine was three times the price likewise spirits - I'm sure that hasn't changed! I have sailed on other Celebrity ships and would do so again but now I am on my own I'm not sure what the single supplement is on Celebrity. Have to agree that the entertainment is not as good and overall I do like the P&O experience.
Janis

JohnTheDog
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by JohnTheDog »

We have been on =x= Constellation & Eclipse both were wonderful & the best of anything we have cruised on. I would say the best dinner we have had anywhere was in Ocean Liners on Connie. The entertainment for us was stunning, breathtaking.

Return to “Celebrity”