Will I live to be 90?

Anything funny goes here

Topic author
Not so ancient mariner
First Officer
First Officer

Will I live to be 90?

Post by Not so ancient mariner »

I recently gained a new GP as the one I had seen for years had retired. Since I had just turned 60, and not knowing me, the new chap decided to give me a full MOT. .

After two visits and exhaustive Lab tests, he said I was doing 'pretty well' for my age.

A little concerned about that comment, I couldn't resist asking him, 'Do you think I'll live to be 90?'

He asked, 'Do you smoke, or drink significant amounts of beer, wine or spirits?'

'Oh no,' I replied. 'I've never taken illicit drugs, either!'

Then he asked, 'Do you eat rib-eye steaks and barbecued Ribs?'

'I said, 'Not much... my former doctor said that all red meat is very unhealthy!'

'Do you spend a lot of time in the sun, like playing golf, boating, sailing, hiking, or bicycling?'

'No, I don't,' I said.

He asked, 'Do you gamble, drive fast cars or motorbikes, or have a lots of sex?'

'No,' I said...

Then he looked at me and said,.. 'So..........., why in heavens name do you want to live to be 90?

Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Re: Will I live to be 90?

Post by Kendhni »

As the old saying goes

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride!"

Dancing Queen
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Re: Will I live to be 90?

Post by Dancing Queen »

And that's exactly how I intend to arrive but with Merlot in hand rather than Chardonnay :o :lol: :lol:
Jo

Return to “Jokes”