Azura A310N

Arrange to meet other members whilst on a cruise on Azura

Topic author
Wina G
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Azura A310N

Post by Wina G »

Anyone else on this, it will be our first time on Azura :)

shanick
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Re: Azura A310N

Post by shanick »

Nope, you know what i am on.

Romig1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Romig1 »

I am! :) :D

kitchie
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by kitchie »

I'm on this too with my friend Betty. This will be my second cruise on Azura last one was to the Carribbean.

Anne

Pippa Kernow
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Pippa Kernow »

Romig1 wrote:
I am! :) :D
Well thank goodness for that! ;)

Hey you two, you just have to try The Glass House. Btw, did you know that their Peller wine is just fab! haha ;) :D

Romig1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Romig1 »

If it's a bar, then we'll certainly be trying it, Pippa!

I think I may have tried that Peller stuff on occasion before.... :D

jill n dave
Cadet
Cadet

Post by jill n dave »

We re on this one too.. first time on Azura.. Jill :D

pusskat
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by pusskat »

hi all
We are on this one can't wait to see Rome !!
Lin

Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Post by Kendhni »

Hi Wina, it will be interesting to hear what you and Romig think of Azura. She is our favourite with loads of great dining venues ... just make sure you try them all.

Topic author
Wina G
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by Wina G »

Ooh yes Ken, we're looking forward to it ... might cost R a bob or too ;)
Fortunately we did get some OBC (Shareholder benefit too) & free parking as we booked before the Vantage fares came in :D

Topic author
Wina G
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by Wina G »

13 weeks today I'll be packing & we'll be leaving for our hotel en route to Southampton :D

Pippa Kernow
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Pippa Kernow »

Hiyya Romig & Wina!
We've just booked a shortie on Azura in April. We promise not to drink all the peller, honestly.. *hic* ;). But if we do, then worry not, P&O will have a whole 4 weeks in which to try to re-stock supplies. :D

Have a smashing cruise! :D

Phantom menace
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Phantom menace »

We're coming too. See you soon.

kitchie
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by kitchie »

I just know I shouldn't have looked but I did...The cabin we booked is down by £400 each. Will never book an advantage fare again. :shock:

Phantom menace
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Phantom menace »

I couldn't help it as well. We would have saved approx £500 on our cabin but we have got £375 obc which we will easily spend on my birthday celebrations ;) Therefore we are sort of £125 worse off, but I've had many months of looking forward to my cruise knowing I've got the cabin I wanted and the holiday I wanted. I do sympathise with others who have been left feeling let down but try to look forward to your cruise.

jill n dave
Cadet
Cadet

Post by jill n dave »

I thought if I booked a cruise with an advantage price then if it went down in price we would get an up grade or on board credit ? Have I miss understood things ?

Phantom menace
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Phantom menace »

My understanding of the pricing is that there are vantage fares, which is the price that you would pay from then the cruise itinery is released for sale. If this price reduces from when you book you would receive the difference in obc or upgrade but this is only if the vantage fare reduces. Then there is the getaway deals, which is normally released closer to the sailing dates and has different terms and conditions, think you have to pay the whole balance at booking. Unfortunately the getaway deals do not give you any compensation on your vantage fare. I think this is right, some of the others may be able to explain it better than me.

Topic author
Wina G
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by Wina G »

Yes I'm guilty of looking too, our category of cabin is still sold out but we could have had a superior deluxe balcony cabin for £200pp less than we paid for our balcony on C deck :(
Fortunately we booked in April last year before the Vantage fares came in so we've got £330 OBC & free parking (worth £148), the only reason we booked early for this year was because we had a future cruise deposit to use & I wanted to be on a cruise for my birthday :D

Romig1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Romig1 »

Phantom menace wrote:
I couldn't help it as well. We would have saved approx £500 on our cabin but we have got £375 obc which we will easily spend on my birthday celebrations ;) Therefore we are sort of £125 worse off, but I've had many months of looking forward to my cruise knowing I've got the cabin I wanted and the holiday I wanted. I do sympathise with others who have been left feeling let down but try to look forward to your cruise.
I assume you also got either free parking or coach travel too? Parking would be worth about £150.

The people that booked shortly after bookings started for this year (including us) have got the bonus of getting decent OBC amounts (in many cases) and parking/coach travel and having their fares classed as "Vantage Fare" despite that fare type not starting until later. Therefore they have also got small amounts of extra OBC as the Vantage Fare subsequently dropped slightly.

Those who booked after Vantage Fares started for real will have only had the choice of a small amount of OBC or parking/coach travel. These people will be the ones who feel more aggreived as the Getaway Fares are released.

Topic author
Wina G
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by Wina G »

Looks like we're both celebrating birthdays on board Phantom :D

We've also got an extra £125 OBC with the Shareholder benefit, plenty of drinkies to be had :lol:

jill n dave
Cadet
Cadet

Post by jill n dave »

I feel very cheated by P&O as I booked a vantage price cruise and now its been reduced by £400 per person but called a getaway deal so P&O dont have to give anyone who booked earlier any obc or ungrade. Rang P&O but they arent bothered. This is the last time I get caught out booking early, Dave. :evil:

Romig1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Romig1 »

jill n dave wrote:
I feel very cheated by P&O as I booked a vantage price cruise and now its been reduced by £400 per person but called a getaway deal so P&O dont have to give anyone who booked earlier any obc or ungrade. Rang P&O but they arent bothered. This is the last time I get caught out booking early, Dave. :evil:

Dave, I do sympathise. Did you get a good amount of OBC when you booked and parking/coach travel?

You won't get any joy from P&O as the T&Cs are pretty clear on the website, as part of the Vantage deal. Tough, but fair.

jill n dave
Cadet
Cadet

Post by jill n dave »

Hi Romig.. I did get free travel down , about £150 but that still leaves a bad taste in my mouth. We re new to cruising and P&O and didnt realise that this happened so often. Even the cruise programs on tv do not make it clear that P&O can get round the so called advantage of booking vantage deals. Ive learnt a costly lesson today but I guess Im not the only one. We re not going to let it spoil our cruise afterall we were happy with the price when we booked it. :roll:

Romig1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Romig1 »

Dave. That's a good way to look at it. I'm sure you will still believe that you got value for money, after the cruise.

IMO there's always someone who has paid less, but don't forget that they won't necessarily had their choice of cabin, or dining, and will have got no OBC or parking.

Swings and roundabouts I think.

shilly
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by shilly »

We have been bitten in the past by booking early so decided to leave until last minute. Phoned today and quoted £799 for inside with any choice of dining guaranteed but just have a feeling it might drop even more like the cruise we did on Azura in November when we paid full price.

Return to “The Meeting Place - Azura”