Post by Wina G »

Shilly,
Insides are now showing from £899 :shock:

shilly
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Re: Azura A310N

Post by shilly »

Yes I know Wina exactly the same as happened last November and then at a later date went down to £499 for inside and £699 balcony. If it does not go down I will look for other cruises there are plenty of companies out there. To be honest love Azura and select dining venues but in November was very disappointed with dress standards and the cancelling of late show in theatre and putting on a film and packing Manhatten like a workingmens club because P&O made there money on drink sales.

Phantom menace
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Phantom menace »

Insides gone up again from £949 now. It's not that far off from the vantage fare.

kitchie
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by kitchie »

Balconies still being sold at £800.00 per cabin cheaper. Long way off the Vantage fare still.

Topic author
Wina G
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by Wina G »

11 weeks tomorrow :thumbup:

kitchie
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by kitchie »

Great news Wina, can't wait.

Topic author
Wina G
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by Wina G »

Anyone else joining us?
10 weeks today :D

bjg1604
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by bjg1604 »

Hi Wina

My husband and myself will be joining you - we were also on Oceana at the same time as yourselves last July! We have been on Azura once before, did a 7 day to Ireland and France, looking forward to being back onboard in 10 weeks!

Barbara

Phantom menace
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Phantom menace »

10 weeks! Wow it's the final countdown. Just need to think about any excursions we may book. Who else is travelling the day before? We're going to the premier inn at west quay so even less time until we're on holiday.

Topic author
Wina G
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by Wina G »

We're travelling about halfway the night before so it will be a shorter journey for us on the Saturday :D

jill n dave
Cadet
Cadet

Post by jill n dave »

Hi we re travelling down with Eavesway on the day.. not got far to go for the pick up so it should run smoothly.. cant wait !! :D

bjg1604
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by bjg1604 »

We are also on Eavesway, travelling down from Norfolk.

Phantom menace
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Phantom menace »

We use to always stay the night before in Oxford, leaving quite a short drive to southampton. That was until one year a ladder fell off the back of a van on the motorway which I ran over at 70 mph. :thumbdown: long story short we made the cruise in time. After that we always stayed in either southampton or Portsmouth (wife likes shopping at gunwharf). Unbelievably last April on the morning drive fom Portsmouth to southampton we had the misfortune to have another ladder incident, this time we managed to miss it but did hit some other debris from the van but no damage done. From now on I want to stay as close to the ship as I can.

Topic author
Wina G
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by Wina G »

I'm not surprised you want to stay as close to Southampton as possible, you don't seem to have much luck with ladders do you :lol:

Phantom menace
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Phantom menace »

They say things come in 3's, I'm a bit worried where the third ladder maybe :lol:

On a side note, I've been looking into our ports of call as we tend to do a lot of DIY tours. I've found some useful info on a website "toms port guides", google it and it should be there. Has some good maps and directions on how to find lifts in monaco, which isn't always the easiest thing to do. The best thing about the guide is that it can be downloaded as a PDF so can be used later. I've put it on my ipad and iPhone so will have it with me when in port.

I'm hoping that we manage to dock and not tender as we have a wheelchair with us and I believe there is another ship in that day. Not long now. :D

Topic author
Wina G
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by Wina G »

Thanks for the info, I'll download it & print it off :D

Romig1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Romig1 »

Wina, wasn't "Tom" the fella we met on Arcadia last year who did cruise blogs on his own site? Shared a bar table with him at Aquarius bar?

Topic author
Wina G
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by Wina G »

Ooh that rings a bell, will have to have a look :D

Topic author
Wina G
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by Wina G »

In to single figures now, 9 weeks tomorrow :D :thumbup:

Phantom menace
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Phantom menace »

It may be a bit early but mrs menace and I tried our posh stuff on today. Mrs menace has a problem, 15 dresses, 14 nights, which one not to take. My dj just about fit. I went for a run, I know wishful thinking but you never know it maybe ok. Suits well, that's a problem, I think I've let myself go a bit, suit shopping next week I've a wedding the week after. :shock:

Can't wait believe its only 9 weeks. Wina keep up the countdown it really is getting us in the mood for the cruise. :thumbup:

kitchie
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by kitchie »

Hi Everyone. I went into Toms port blog and found this very interesting titbit and it will affect us all in Civitavecchia.

Quote "During the first week of May, local trains between Civitavecchia and Rome can full so they do not stop to pick
up passengers from Civitavecchia. The main intercity trains can run an hour late during holiday and heavy
traffic periods. This can be a problem for the self-guided traveler taking a train between Civitavecchia and
Rome. In May 2010, the only passengers on our Princess ship who got a seat on the local train to Rome were
those who “ran” from the ship's port bus to get the first train to Rome.
Princess chartered a special train car for cruisers to/from Rome. Although ship sponsored tours and private
tours can be expensive, you will be assured to get to/from your destination. When reliable travel is important, I
believe it's wise to schedule travel via the cruise line such as in the first week of May in Italy.
BE FOREWARNED!" :shock:

Hope this is of use to those who were going to DIY it to Rome

Topic author
Wina G
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by Wina G »

Well it's only 8 weeks now to when I'll be packing and even better we'll be cruising next month :o :clap:

JenniC
Ex Team Member

Post by JenniC »

And before you know it - it will be next week - I can feel your excitement in the South..... :D
Jenni

Branwen
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Branwen »

Also on this cruise and cant wait, have really missed the P and O community forum :D

Romig1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Romig1 »

Branwen wrote:
Also on this cruise and cant wait, have really missed the P and O community forum :D
Hi Branwen

We're really looking forward to it too - won't be long now..

Return to “The Meeting Place - Azura”