emjay45
First Officer
First Officer

Re: Seat hogging

Post by emjay45 »

Quizzical Bob wrote:
emjay45 wrote:
Who says QB you or P&O.
That depends on who is paying for the cruise.
Well I'm paying for my cruise so buzz off out of MY seat when I come up for my hot chocolate ;) BTW it's the middle set of the 4 blue chairs on the right hand side :lol:

jay-ell71
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by jay-ell71 »

I must say I thought the Crows Nest was a lounge and can be used for reading, chatting, knitting, cross stitch (!) during the day especially during inclement weather when sitting outside is not possible. However I do think in the smaller coffee bars it is inconsiderate of people to sit and read all day, thus preventing others from enjoying a coffee/drink there. As for "owning" a seat anywhere, that is just silly. Unless of course it is "My" seat. :lol: Jay
Last edited by jay-ell71 on 11 May 2013, 12:31, edited 1 time in total.
Jay

Topic author
emjay45
First Officer
First Officer

Post by emjay45 »

Oops I meant left-hand side. The right hand side by the little dance floor has already been bagged :lol:

Boris+
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Boris+ »

We did one cruise where a 'mob' were onboard. I've seen families onboard before - but not like this lot. Altogether they had 4 staterooms - there were 12 in total. They turned up late for afternoon tea one day, couldn't find any vacant tables close to each other and promptly demanded that everyone else moved. No, not a polite request, a stroppy demand. They were new to cruising.

Then one lunchtime the weather cheered up and the open air dining venue opened. Everyone else had arrived promptly and we were all in the middle of lunch then the mob arrived, and caused a scene because nobody would agree to move and the mob refused to share a table with anyone. Well after their performance with 'stuffing their faces' (that's how they behaved) I'm not surprised that anyone wanted to move!

Two things which I think are worse than someone taking a liking to a particular seat in a public area - firstly it's people who freeload in the bars and coffee shops (and always avoid standing their round), and the other thing is people who will persistently insist on occupying seats in the Grills when they jolly well are not Grills passengers.

Em :)

Quizzical Bob
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Quizzical Bob »

emjay45 wrote:
Oops I meant left-hand side. The right hand side by the little dance floor has already been bagged :lol:
Too late, you've made your choice and now you'll have to sit on 'your seat' for the rest of the cruise. :smug:

Orpheus
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by Orpheus »

Ventura or Azura no Crows Nest problem solved :D :D

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

Orpheus wrote:

Well that's lateral thinking for you! :thumbup:

Capt Black
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by Capt Black »

Orpheus wrote:
But they have Metropolis and Planet at the other end. Loved Metroplis, found Planet Bar far too quiet and underused. Shame because I love the view.

Orpheus
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by Orpheus »

Capt Black wrote:
Orpheus wrote:
But they have Metropolis and Planet at the other end. Loved Metroplis, found Planet Bar far too quiet and underused. Shame because I love the view.
Planet bar under used so plenty of seats proves my point :D

paultheeagle
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by paultheeagle »

:wave:

How come I never see people doing these things......If I choose to sit down and the seat is occupied I move on and find a vacant seat , I don't stop to see whether the people sitting there are asleep, awake, reading, chatting or whether they have a drink in front of them or not or whether the same people are sitting in that particular seat that were there yesterday or the last time I was in that bar..I don't even bother looking at whether I'm in a bar, or a lounge...I certainly can't be bothered to time people to see how long they have been sitting there or how many drinks they've had or not.

But then again I never see people picking food up with their fingers at the buffet and putting it back again, I am never pushed out of the way by greedy ignorant folk and when I'm around, everybody washes their hands when they have been to the loo....I look for that one...I'm dying to say something to those that have bad hygiene habits...somethin like 'wash your 'ands you disgusting animal or you will contaminate the whole ship and give us all the norovirus'....but I never see it.

I'm obviously missing out on something or need to visit Specsavers...I must look harder.

Up The Palace

Topic author
emjay45
First Officer
First Officer

Post by emjay45 »

Orpheus wrote:
Capt Black wrote:
Orpheus wrote:
Ventura or Azura no Crows Nest problem solved :D
Planet bar under used so plenty of seats proves my point :D
That answers my question, I wondered where people went to sleep, read, knit etc and let's not forget seat hogging :D
Quizzical Bob wrote:
emjay45 wrote:
Too late, you've made your choice and now you'll have to sit on 'your seat' for the rest of the cruise. :smug:
You're a hard man QB :lol:

Topic author
emjay45
First Officer
First Officer

Post by emjay45 »

Paul
Are you sure you've been on a cruise ;)

Dancing Queen
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Dancing Queen »

How do you multi quote ??
Jo

Topic author
emjay45
First Officer
First Officer

Post by emjay45 »

I'm not really sure I did it correctly. I copied and pasted one of them. I'm sure there's a better way. No doubt MOB or David could tell us :D

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

Dancing Queen wrote:
How do you multi quote ??
Like this :lol:
emjay45 wrote:
I'm not really sure I did it correctly. I copied and pasted one of them. I'm sure there's a better way. No doubt MOB or David could tell us :D
emjay45 wrote:
Paul
Seriously though ...

Click ' quote ' as normal but then scroll down and hit quote on any of the other postings that are there.

et voila :angel:
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

paultheeagle
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by paultheeagle »

emjay45 wrote:
Paul
:thumbup: mj

Actually I have.....I have been to the Isle Of Wight three times, have cruised from Eastbourne to Beachy Head and been across the English Channel, Dover - Calais (they don't 'arf talk funny there.) and I got a ship across the Thames once, Tower of London to HMS Belfast although to be fair that was more of a ferry.

So there...... :problem:

Up The Palace

Topic author
emjay45
First Officer
First Officer

Post by emjay45 »

Paul :lol: :wave:
MOB But HOW did you do that :?

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

emjay45 wrote:
.... MOB But HOW did you do that :?
See above, the explanation was added a little while after the posting :shifty:

Gill W
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Gill W »

This whole seat hogging thing, it just takes a little care and consideration and being aware of your surroundings.

I have read my book in the Crows Nest, on inclement weather days. As I'm reading, I'd normally pick a seat away from the window. I'd have a hot chocolate, but wouldn't feel obliged to keep on ordering drinks. However, I remain aware of my surroundings, and if it looks like it's getting busy, I move on, so someone else can have a go.

The most annoying seat hogs are in the buffet. The ones who have finished their meal, but are completely oblivious to people looking around for a seat and carry on with their leisurely gossip. Sooooo annoying!
Gill

Dancing Queen
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Dancing Queen »

Manoverboard wrote:
emjay45 wrote:
Thank you MobyMod .. like this ( just testing )
Gill W wrote:
This whole seat hogging thing, it just takes a little care and consideration and being aware of your surroundings.

I have read my book in the Crows Nest, on inclement weather days. As I'm reading, I'd normally pick a seat away from the window. I'd have a hot chocolate, but wouldn't feel obliged to keep on ordering drinks. However, I remain aware of my surroundings, and if it looks like it's getting busy, I move on, so someone else can have a go.

The most annoying seat hogs are in the buffet. The ones who have finished their meal, but are completely oblivious to people looking around for a seat and carry on with their leisurely gossip. Sooooo annoying!
Manoverboard wrote:
emjay45 wrote:
Jo

Topic author
emjay45
First Officer
First Officer

Post by emjay45 »

Oh dear I can't seem to do it . As soon as I hit the Quote button it takes me to the reply page. What am I doing wrong :(

Dancing Queen
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Dancing Queen »

I clicked quote which obviously quoted that particular post then I just scrolled down to Topic Review and clicked on each post to quote from there, I don't know if that was right but it got the right result.
Jo

david63
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by david63 »

Dancing Queen wrote:
I clicked quote which obviously quoted that particular post then I just scrolled down to Topic Review and clicked on each post to quote from there, I don't know if that was right but it got the right result.
Yup - that's the way to do it :thumbup:

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

emjay45 wrote:
Oh dear I can't seem to do it . As soon as I hit the Quote button it takes me to the reply page. What am I doing wrong :(
Nothing .... after the reply page just scroll down a little and you will see other posts in the Topic and they each have a ' Quote ' to click on at the top right hand side.

More practice is required :wave:

Dark Knight
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by Dark Knight »

Oi you are in my seat move

answer two words second one is.......off :thumbup:
Nihil Obstat

Return to “Cruise Specific Discussion”