Ventura N327/N328 Nov 2013 Caribbean

Jasper
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Re: Ventura N327/N328 Nov 2013 Caribbean

Post by Jasper »

Evening everyone, Jasper here. I've finally found some time from working away to register and log on :D .

I've briefly read this thread and will add more meaning full comment later. Surfice to say we are all looking forward to the cruise. Now back to the building site that is the downstairs to our house current due to alterations and new kitchens. Utter nightmare :cry: !!

Jasper.

Burnley
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Burnley »

PATRICIA2 wrote:
[

Barbara and Granville, which one of you is celebrating your 70th Birthday ?
How wonderful another two events to add to our celebration lists.

CELEBRATION LIST SPREADSHEET FOR N327

1, 70Th Birthday Granville
1,45th Wed/Ann Granville and Barbara

You are correct it is I G. that is soon to be the Septuagenarian! :shock:
I'm cheating really, my birthday is in the spring & our Anniversary is in October, but the celebrations are the cruise :D :thumbup:

Topic author
PATRICIA2
Cadet
Cadet

Post by PATRICIA2 »

Hello Jasper :wave: great to hear from you at last :D I thought you had jumped ship.

Our building plans have just been submitted to the Council for approval for the new additional room to be built, don't expect work will start on the build
before April-May,by the time October-Nov comes around I will be ready for this cruise. Give Sue my regards and hope she has the marigolds at the ready for the big clean up.

Phil, did you sleep through the din because you were wearing the ear plugs that you purchased from P.I.Ts or was it because of the booze :crazy:
Oh Phil tell Sue P.I.Ts have some lovely Caribbean Parrot and Palm Tree sunglasses in stock(for ladies only) does she wish to reserve a pair.
I was thinking that we could have a photoshoot of all the ladies wearing the glasses when we arrive in The Grand Turk .
Just imagine it, lying sipping champagne cocktails amongst the Parrots and Palm Trees :clap: .

Granville, that's great (does not matter when the special event falls) that means we have two special celebrations to attend. Hope you invite Scott and me.
HAPPY CRUISING

Jasper
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Jasper »

By the way Pat. Regarding the Avatar problem with you picture's having to many pixels. Try logging on to http://www.tinypics.com this site allows you to upload your own pictures to your own personal gallery and turn them into......Tiny Pics! hence Avatar's. Or possibly more importantly smaller data to email to family and friends.

I think we could also join in with this cabin crawl, let me know the details. Are we gonna organise mass travel outings during this cruise on the islands of call? Rather than trying to organise a bus to pick us up proir to travelling just agreeing to meet on the dock at a set time (numbers in party) and jumping a mini bus. We could always pre set the itinerary prior and just instruct the driver and negotiate the price on the dock. Or as this been done?. For all those that ain't been to the Caribbean previous, this is easilly done.

Jasper.

Jasper
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Jasper »

It seems the link as been hijacked for Tiny Pic, so just google Tiny pic and go to the site via that way.

Jasper

Topic author
PATRICIA2
Cadet
Cadet

Post by PATRICIA2 »

Jasper wrote:
I think we could also join in with this cabin crawl, let me know the details. Are we gonna organise mass travel outings during this cruise on the islands of call? Rather than trying to organise a bus to pick us up proir to travelling just agreeing to meet on the dock at a set time (numbers in party) and jumping a mini bus. We could always pre set the itinerary prior and just instruct the driver and negotiate the price on the dock. Or as this been done?. For all those that ain't been to the Caribbean previous, this is easilly done.

Jasper.
For N328/N328A 8th/9th November 2013

Jasper,
Yes, I have started a spreadsheet for the visits to the beaches. :o

No, to booking taxi’s in advance.
Yes, to all jumping in taxi’s at the dockside and then negotiate prices :thumbup: .

In Nov 2012 the group members who had requested their names to be put on spreadsheet all met on the gangway nearest to the exit point at a specific time previously arranged it worked out really well and we all had a great time travelling to and from the beaches.

Anyone wishing to join the group who are intending visiting any of the beaches are most welcome to join in . Please just let Pat know your name and it will be added to spreadsheet.

All it entails is joining other group members to travel to and from beaches.
You can decide to leave beach whenever you wish
Sit where you wish on your own or with members of the group
Return to ship or go shopping etc.
You are under no pressure whatsoever, it allows you to have the company to travel around with.
Others rather than on your own.
So far Spreadsheet Names:
BARBADOS 9th November

Paynes Beach at Blue Monkey Hotel.
Minibus /Taxi to Blue Monkey Hotel Beautiful beach and you can either swim out to snorkel with the turtles or hire glass bottom boat from beach.
Confirmed Pat,Scott Janet & Tony

St Vincent, we are planning to visit Bequia that day by catamaran ,P&O tour.
It is about £75 each, however, although expensive we feel that it is worth it because we don’t really fancy doing anything else in St Vincent.

St Lucia, Minibus to St Lucian by Rex Halcyon
Beds /Shades & Refreshments available as well as washing / changing facilities
Confirmed Pat, Scott, Janet ,Tony, Sue, Tony,
To confirm Jasper, Sue, Jaspers two friends and hopefully Sue & Phil

Antigua, Minibus to Redruit or Rodney Beach Beds Shades Refreshments available
Confirmed, Pat, Scott, Janet ,Tony, Sue, Tony, ,

St Kitts, Minibus to Cockleshell Bay Beds Shades, Refreshments available
Confirmed Pat, Scott, Janet ,Tony, Sue, Tony

Grand Turk, just meet on beach as you stroll off the ship, however we will be sitting along at the far end of the beach just to your right as you approach the end of the free sunbed area.
Necessary to bring along your Chocolates and Drinks because we ain’t sharing ours with you :cry: .
(FREE) Beds/shades available Refreshments, food etc available. to purchase, however
you can walk down gangway to beach and go on and off ship as often as you like. Even return for lunch.

Tortola. Open deck bus to Cane Garden Bay

St.Maarten, Water taxi over to town and beach .
This beach is lovely and you have all the facilities of bars, shops etc available
Confirmed Pat, Scott, Janet ,Tony, Sue, Tony

BARBADOS 22nd November

As Scott,Pat,Janet & Tony set off for home that day we will not be visiting the beaches.

However, I would recommend
Minibus /Taxi to Blue Monkey Hotel Beautiful beach and you can either swim out to snorkel with the turtles or hire glass bottom boat from beach.

CABIN CRAWL :problem:
Jasper, i don't know if anyone would be really keen to join in a cabin crawl while we are out in the Caribbean as it would require to be held on a sea day and many people may not wish to give up a few hours of sunbathing. I am happy to organise this if enough people request to participate.
HAPPY CRUISING

Topic author
PATRICIA2
Cadet
Cadet

Post by PATRICIA2 »

N327 25TH October -8th/9th November 2013

Anyone wishing to join the group who are intending visiting any of the beaches are most welcome to join in . Please just let Pat know your name and it will be added to spreadsheet :D .

All it entails is joining other group members to travel to and from beaches.
You can decide to leave beach whenever you wish
Sit where you wish on your own or with members of the group
Return to ship or go shopping etc.
You are under no pressure whatsoever, it allows you to have the company to travel around with.
Others rather than on your own.

St.Maarten, 4TH Nov Water taxi over to town and beach .
This beach is lovely and you have all the facilities of bars, shops etc available
Confirmed Pat, Scott

St Kitts, 5th Nov Minibus to Cockleshell Bay Beds Shades, Refreshments available
Confirmed Pat, Scott,
To confirm

Antigua, 6th Nov Minibus to Redruit or Rodney Beach Beds Shades Refreshments available
Confirmed, Pat, Scot,
To confirm

St Lucia, 7th Nov Minibus to St Lucian by Rex Halcyon
Beds /Shades & Refreshments available as well as washing / changing facilities
Confirmed Pat, Scott
To confirm

BARBADOS 9th th November

Confirmed, Pat,Scott,Janet,Tony
HAPPY CRUISING

Alan Janice White
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Alan Janice White »

Hi all,

My wife Janice and myself will be joining you in Barbados on Saturday (N328A), flying from Birmingham. I have not digested all the previous information (yet), re beach transport, etc. but we will certainly be interested and will communicate later, when our thinking is clearer.

Alan (and Janice)

Topic author
PATRICIA2
Cadet
Cadet

Post by PATRICIA2 »

Alan Janice White wrote:
Hi all,

My wife Janice and myself will be joining you in Barbados on Saturday (N328A), flying from Birmingham. I have not digested all the previous information (yet), re beach transport, etc. but we will certainly be interested and will communicate later, when our thinking is clearer.

Alan (and Janice)

Welcome Janice & Allan :D look forward to hearing from you .
Pat
HAPPY CRUISING

Topic author
PATRICIA2
Cadet
Cadet

Post by PATRICIA2 »

Janice & Alan, you will also find this group posting at the following site.

CruiseCriitic.Co.Uk
Go to Roll Call Ventura
Search for Ventura N327/N328 Nov.2013 Caribbean
1st Posting is HelenHenry (Me)

Unfortunately, since P&O Community site went down we are all over the place,however, this is a good site and hope more of the group find it.

So far :D in our group we have for N328 the following participating
Pat/Scott,Tony/Janet,Tony/Sue,Sue/Jasper,Jasper 2 Friends,Sue/Phil,ShonaP/Jim
Sphinie10,Alan/Janice,Simon/Helen,Jan1043

N327 the following participating so far :D

Barbara/Granville,Greig/Rosie (Mother),Pat/Scott

there were others posting on P&O CruiseC ommunity site but unfortunately they have not reached us yet
HAPPY CRUISING

SueandPhil
Cadet
Cadet

Post by SueandPhil »

Pat, do you think it might be an idea to have a classified section on this forum for all P.I.Ts cruise offers?

Topic author
PATRICIA2
Cadet
Cadet

Post by PATRICIA2 »

Definitely Phil, but unfortunately as I cannot put any photographs of all the offers on this site for members to view, I don’t feel that the goods will have the same effect if they are not seen.
As you may remember last November I was able to put photographs on show and they all went like hot CAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Talking about Cakes another story for another day.

However as I am so busy preparing spreadsheets and trying to round every one else up from all over the other forums I will have to leave the classified section for PIT’s cruise offers for the moment.
Another thought Phil, if I post all the offers on so early all of the guests on N327 probably will reserve all the offers and there will be nothing left
for guests on N328 :( .

Yes, Phil tell Sue that I will be e-mailing her with a photograph enclosed of The Parrot and Palm Tree Sunglasses just in case she wishes to reserve a pair.
I’m sure she will not want to be left out.

ALAN JANICE beautiful photograph

Phil, I can just see Alan & Janice posing with the rest of us on the Atrium Stairway for the group photo shoot and if they join us on Cockleshells Beach posing with the rest of us on the boardwalk. I can see we will have to do some manoeuvring about to see who gets prime position.

Phil,did you receive my Private Message, Yes I had the Dictionary out when I was composing the message
HAPPY CRUISING

Alan Janice White
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Pat,

The remarks you make are very complimentary and flattering, but you haven't seen us in real life. This photograph was the only one I could find with both of us together, so that says something in itself. There is a story attached to it, which I will tell when we meet.

Alan

Topic author
PATRICIA2
Cadet
Cadet

Post by PATRICIA2 »

Alan Janice White wrote:
Pat,

The remarks you make are very complimentary and flattering, but you haven't seen us in real life. This photograph was the only one I could find with both of us together, so that says something in itself. There is a story attached to it, which I will tell when we meet.

Alan
Alan, at least you have a photograph to show, I can't even make any photo image small enough to fit avatar size. I have tried chopping pictures down so much that all we have left is our eyeballs
(not a pretty sight) four eyeballs staring at you :lol: Scott said that's the worst about being big headed, it's difficult when we have to be cut down to size :lol: So just look out for two big headed people that wil be Scott and me :oops:

Alan, looking forward to hearing the story about your photograph, perhaps I should start up a spreadsheet for exchanging stories :thumbup:
What do you think about that suggestion Phil ?
HAPPY CRUISING

Burnley
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Burnley »

[quote="PATRICIA2"] for PIT’s cruise offers for the moment.

Sorry for my ignorance, but what are PIT's ????

Alan Janice White
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Pat,

Photograph: Have you tried looking in "forum Problems" ? The third item down is by Manoverboard and it may help.

I cropped a photograph and left a small border before using 'http://www.shrinkpictures. com ..........
and reducing it to 100x100. It worked, else we would still be anonymous !

Ifyou have already tried this, just mutter "smartar.." under your breath.

Alan.

SueandPhil
Cadet
Cadet

Post by SueandPhil »

Burnley, P.I.Ts stands for Pats Independent Traders (a la Only Fools And Horses) When you get to know Pat you will find that she has several special cruise offers ranging from plastic Champagne flutes to faux plastic long stemmed pink roses. These are usually available to order only and there is usually a limited supply so get your order in early. I have in the past suggested she hold a table top sale in the Atrium but the logistics of coordinating Eddie Stobart to deliver to Southampton too proved difficult. Love you really Pat
Phil

Burnley
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Burnley »

Thank you Phil. :lol: :lol: :lol: Must get an inventory of the goodies available, you never know there might be something that we need or have forgotten.......... :?: :crazy:

Granville.

Topic author
PATRICIA2
Cadet
Cadet

Post by PATRICIA2 »

Alan Janice White wrote:
Pat,

Photograph: Have you tried looking in "forum Problems" ? The third item down is by Manoverboard and it may help.

I cropped a photograph and left a small border before using 'http://www.shrinkpictures. com ..........
and reducing it to 100x100. It worked, else we would still be anonymous !

Ifyou have already tried this, just mutter "smartar.." under your breath.

Alan.
Thank you Alan for your assistance.I did actually try your suggestion before but hey ho no luck,then I tried again and what happened.
Bet your sorry that you offered assistance now after seeing my Avatar. By the way, there will be a prize for the best Avatar posted.
That is why Phil&Sue have submitted their photograph this year because they did not submit it last year and lost out on a prize :cry:

HERE I AM :clap:

:wave: I have arrived at last however, (told you I had a big head) no room for Scott at the moment.
Scott still somewhere floating around trying out the new portable life jackets :roll:
Keep an eye out for Scott he is looking rather green it's with all the ducking and diving about that he is doing and that is just trying to get away from me.
"Phil portable life jackets this is a new addition to special cruise offers" :lol:
Small sizes only available.
When I find him (Scott that is) I will post his photograph then you can all have a laugh at the both of us :lol:
HAPPY CRUISING

Alan Janice White
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Pat:

We have been (cruised) to the Caribbean four times to date, but, despite having a liking for beaches, we don't have too much knowledge or experience of the various beaches/islands you have listed. I apologise in advance for the extra work that my request will entail, but do you think it would be possible to include a small (one or two lines maximum) description of each of the beaches. I realise it will only be an opinion but any advice is better than none at all. There is no hurry.

Thank you in advance

Alan & Janice

SueandPhil
Cadet
Cadet

Post by SueandPhil »

Pat you are just showing off now, changing your avatar as and when you feel like it

Topic author
PATRICIA2
Cadet
Cadet

Post by PATRICIA2 »

SueandPhil wrote:
Pat you are just showing off now, changing your avatar as and when you feel like it
Honestly, I can't get a picture suitable to fit into this space. Felt my head was too big and left no room for Scotts,so I had to change to 2nd one, then it was too small felt that you would not be able to see enough of me :lol: So I will have to make do with this one :clap: .
There really is more to Scott than you can see ;) . I had to chop of a bit of his head to fit him in :lol: .
HAPPY CRUISING

Alan Janice White
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Pat.

Please will you add us to the spreadsheet for transport to the following:

St. Lucia. / Antigua / St Kitts. / Totola. /St Maartens.

As suggested; we will probably join the P&O. Tours “Escape to Bequia”, when the details are made available to us.

We have been to Grand Turk, so know the ropes. We will be happy to join you, except that Janice doesn’t drink alcohol and although I have no objections in principle, I don’t tend to drink Champagne, so I will bring, or get some beers and Janice will drink Tonic or flavoured water.

Chocolates! Will P&O. bedtime chocolates suffice?. No, probably not!

We will still be around in Barbados on the 22nd November, so will probably make our own way to Paynes Beach, at the Blue Monkey Hotel.

Kindest regards:

Alan & Janice.

Topic author
PATRICIA2
Cadet
Cadet

Post by PATRICIA2 »

[quote="Alan Janice White"]Pat.

Please will you add us to the spreadsheet for transport to the following:

St. Lucia. / Antigua / St Kitts. / Totola. /St Maartens.

Chocolates! Will P&O. bedtime chocolates suffice?. No, probably not!

Thank you Alan your names are now added to the spreadsheets for transportation to beaches

Chocolates : We prefer a well known brand of mints if you don't mind :lol: Normally they are on 1/2 price sale before we go.
Alcohol: Janice need not worry about not drinking alcohol, I do not drink alcohol either, so Janice and I will sit together sip our non alcohol drinks eat the chocolates,
well known brand or not :) how does that sound Janice.

St Lucia
Confirmed
Pat, Scott,
Janet ,Tony
Sue, Tony,
Alan & Janice

Antigua:
Confirmed
Pat, Scott
Janet ,Tony
Sue, Tony,
Alan, Janice

St Kitts:
Confirmed
Pat, Scott,
Janet ,Tony
Sue, Tony,
Alan , Janice

Tortola:[/u]
Confirmed
Pat, Scott,
Janet ,Tony
Sue, Tony,
Alan,Janice

St.Maarten:
Confirmed
Pat, Scott,
Janet ,Tony
Sue, Tony,
Alan & Janice
HAPPY CRUISING

shpirie10
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by shpirie10 »

Hi All
Just realised I caused confusion with my login name, in the P&O community I was in as shonap, so this is Shona (on behalf of Shona & Jim) we were part of the Pink Carnation Group from Caribbean Cruise in November 2011. Looking forward to seeing you all this November.

Return to “The Meeting Place - Ventura”