Ventura N327/N328 Nov 2013 Caribbean

Scott1
Cadet
Cadet

Re: Ventura N327/N328 Nov 2013 Caribbean

Post by Scott1 »

Susan Watt wrote:
If you contact ship they can arrange venue with teas and coffees for your meet.
Thank you Susan, yes we have already done this many times before and it is already arranged for the guest arriving on the 9th Nov.N328
It's just at the moment we only have around 10 participating on this forum for cruise N327.

Susan are you on either the N327or N328 cruises.

Pat

Alan Janice White
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Alan Janice White »

Pat,

I read in "another place" that you had booked or were about to book the trip to Bequia. This is just to say that we have now booked.

Also, that you are in the process of arranging a 'meet & greet' for N327. Don't know Ventura well enough to approve or disapprove of the venues, but we will be there, (hopefully).

Alan

Burnley
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Burnley »

Well that's the seats booked for the flight home. Not sure if I've booked the right ones for comfort, they are just a two together, so no disturbing 3rd party with trips to the loo etc!! :oops: However, they back on to a bulk head so they may not recline! But there again it's very rarely that we use that facility unless the people behind have reclined as well, as we think it is very wrong "squash" the people behind any more than we already are :roll:

Only 8 weeks to go, still haven't received brochure with excursions & luggage labels etc; I refuse to print it all myself, as I've paid full price I want the full service, Barbara (D.W.) refuses to look at a computer screen for the excursions, she wants a glossy brochure where she can flip from page to page comfortably :eh: But it's doubtful that we'll book any anyway, as Pats' Tours sound so much better :D

Pat,
Meet & Greet for the N327, we will fall in with whatever is arranged, what date were you thinking of ? D.W. is thinking of blowing in the On Board Credit on her hair & nails :shock: sometime early on the cruise, (not if I can help it! Blowing it on a wine package sounds a much better idea!)

Susan Watt
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by Susan Watt »

No Pat. Our Caribbean trip isn't until January 2015. Just looking for tips :)

Scott1
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Scott1 »

Alan Janice White wrote:
Pat,

I read in "another place" that you had booked or were about to book the trip to Bequia. This is just to say that we have now booked.

Also, that you are in the process of arranging a 'meet & greet' for N327. Don't know Ventura well enough to approve or disapprove of the venues, but we will be there, (hopefully).

Alan
Good morning Alan,

Yes, at last we have managed to book Bequia :thumbup: , it took me some time to get into the booking page. Janet has still not booked but is intending to do so over the next few days.

Yes, arrangements are taking place to arrange a venue for the N327 meet & greet, the only thing holding me back to confirm the venue is that I still don't know how many guest are planning to turn up. Last count we had seventeen, so until I can confirm with Hannah on the Ventura approximately how many will be turning up
for tea/coffee I can't confirm anything with you at the moment, but still we have plenty of time. As soon as I have more information I will update you.

At the moment we have 44 guest stating that they will attend meet&greet for N328/N328A, so I have updated Hannah from Ventura. I spoke to her last week.

Hi Granville,

Wondered where you had gone :lol:
You stated ,Barbara is thinking of blowing the On Board Credit on her hair & nails. Great minds think alike. Barbara, and anyone else (girls only) how about us girls having a pampering session in the Spa on the day of one of our formal nights. There sure won't be any OBC left for Granville's wine package then :lol: .
Never mind Granville you can just look at Barbara and think , well what I am seeing now is worth more than any wine package :roll:

"What was that you said Scott" I had better book it early in the morning to ensure that what I require to have done will be finished in time for the formal night :lol:
He won't be laughing when I spend his OBC also.

Susan,
Hope you have a wonderful cruise around the Caribbean in January 2015.

Scott1
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Scott1 »

Managed to book seats on inbound flight back to UK for 22nd Nov this morning at 9am. Booking opened at 9am 2nd Sept and not at 3min past midnight on 1st September as informed by P&O.
All ready and set to go :thumbup:

shpirie10
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by shpirie10 »

Flight seats booked. Making the holiday seem closer than ever. Before I know I will need to start looking out clothes.

Jasper
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Jasper »

Good morning everyone,

The meet and greet can be anywhere for me, looking forward to it. Also booked the flight seats on the 8am from Manchester, they did come on line at Midnight on the 4th Pat! for the lesser P&O's. Not that I was planning to book then I just found myself wide awake and online at gone 1am and I thought I'd look. Sure enough there they were....ready to book.

Is any of our merry band flying out of Manchester 8/11/13 on the later flight (about 10.30am I think) only it's now come to light my Dad is on that flight and not the earlier one with us.

It's getting close so I better get out footballing and running to look trim or is that to make room for the extra weight pile on!

Jasper

Scott1
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Scott1 »

Hi Craig, the reason that you will be out running to look trim is so that you can eat more birthday cake :clap: .
Can you pick a few dates that you would like to hold your birthday soiree and let me know.
No point on the 8th (your birthday) you will be exhausted travelling,but we can meet in the Red Bar if you wish before dinner to wish you happy birthday.
Do you wish to hold your soiree on a formal evening or an informal evening :think: . I am also in the process of trying to arrange an evening for Scott's soiree, but no point in holding it on the 10th his birthday as it is on the same evening as the welcome party and we will all meet up in the red bar for that event anyway.

So we have so far
Scott's Birthday Soiree
Craig's Birthday Soiree
Janet & Tony's 40th Wedding Anniversary, Tony's 65th,Janet's 60th these events will be held on the same night. Going to be a BIG cake. :thumbup:

Janet & Tony do not participate in any of the forums so they are none the wiser about the celebrations that will take place for them it will be a big surprise. :shh:

YOUR THOUGHTS ABOUT THIS PLEASE

As there are quite a lot of other group members celebrating their special birthdays and anniversary, may I suggest to ensure that they all get the opportunity to celebrate with other members of the group (if they wish) that we set a date and all meet up in the red bar before dinner to toast
Jim, Craig, Cliff on their 5oth Birthday
Shonap / Jim and Jan /Steve on their 25th Wedding Anniversary
Tony2 /Sue on their 20th Wedding Anniversary

If anyone else wishes to join us great, please just let me know what you are celebrating and you will be added to the celebration list.

Jasper
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Jasper »

Pat,

Would it make sense to hold the soiree's together at the same time. 14 days really isn't long given we visit lots of places with lots to do. As for meeting up in the red bar for the group to celebrate the various celebrations I would suggest a sea day. That way everyone is on board and not having to rush due to being out and about on an Island.

Jasper

Scott1
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Scott1 »

Jasper wrote:
Pat,

Would it make sense to hold the soiree's together at the same time. 14 days really isn't long given we visit lots of places with lots to do. As for meeting up in the red bar for the group to celebrate the various celebrations I would suggest a sea day. That way everyone is on board and not having to rush due to being out and about on an Island.

Jasper

Oh what a dilemma :lol:

Thank for your input Craig.

Yes Craig you are right about holding all of the celebrations on the one evening on a sea day, just let me know what sea day evening you all decide upon and our entourage of twelve will attend.
You will have to bear in mind that on one of the sea day evenings some of the group will be attending the Peninsular Club Cocktail party between
7.47pm-8.30pm and I know of at least twelve group members who will be attending so it looks as though that limits it down only to two sea days left to pick from.

Monday 18th, and Thursday 21st

1st Formal Evening Sunday 10th which is already accounted for Welcome Party is out.
2nd Formal Evening Saturday 16th which I think might be the Peninsular Club Cocktail party for some guests, looks as though this one is out also.
3rd Formal Evening Monday 18th might have to reserve this for all of the Celebrations, Birthday, Wedding Anniversary.Quite possible :thumbup:
4th Formal Evening Thursday 21st. I think we may have to count this evening out as some of the group will be flying home next day Friday.

But you ever know P&O may change the evenings that they hold the last formal night :? so am I.

However, as Scott's birthday soiree and Janet & Tony's soiree will be held on two separate nights other than formal nights, it will have no impact on whatever formal evenings the group choose to pick.

All suggestions welcome :lol:

Scott1
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Scott1 »

Burnley wrote:

still haven't received brochure with excursions & luggage labels etc; I refuse to print it all myself, as I've paid full price I want the full service, Barbara (D.W.) refuses to look at a computer screen for the excursions, she wants a glossy brochure where she can flip from page to page comfortably
Barbara and Granville :wave:, glossy brochure, arrived today Sat 14th :thumbup: with excursions & luggage labels for N327. I am sure that you will have also received yours by now.

Happy reading :lol:

Burnley
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Burnley »

Barbara and Granville :wave:, glossy brochure, arrived today Sat 14th :thumbup: with excursions & luggage labels for N327. I am sure that you will have also received yours by now.

Happy reading :lol:[/quote]

:clap: Yes Brochure arrived today as you said, only 5 weeks & 6 days to go before we set sail :D (Still think your ideas are better than P&O's !!!!)

shpirie10
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by shpirie10 »

Hi All

We have also decided this cruise to get the brochure and luggage labels sent to us. As we are going on the N328 hopefully we will get ours through the post in the next couple of weeks. Have been looking at excursions online but haven't decided on anything yet.

Looking forward to seeing you all on the cruise.

Shona

Scott1
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Scott1 »

shpirie10 wrote:
Hi All

We have also decided this cruise to get the brochure and luggage labels sent to us. As we are going on the N328 hopefully we will get ours through the post in the next couple of weeks. Have been looking at excursions online but haven't decided on anything yet.

Looking forward to seeing you all on the cruise.

Shona

Shona :wave: , a few of us have already booked the Bequia trip leaving from St Vincent, we missed out on it last year. However, as there is very little to do in St Vincent we thought that this might be the best choice. It is quite expensive but feedback from some of the group who visited Bequia last year said it was worth it.
Pat

Scott1
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Scott1 »

N327 E Tickets arrived today :lol:
Need to start getting cases down from attic, might get a surprise when we open them, might still be something lurking about from last November :o

Burnley
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Burnley »

Scott1 wrote:
N327 E Tickets arrived today
Need to start getting cases down from attic, might get a surprise when we open them, might still be something lurking about from last November
Getting My Travel Agent to print 'em off :roll: Might as well use their ink & paper :lol: Cases all ready for packing which should be a laugh; bet we have to discard half the dresses & shoes for DW and my budgie smuggler :sarcasm: ;)

SueandPhil
Cadet
Cadet

Post by SueandPhil »

Scott1 wrote:
N327 E Tickets arrived today :lol:
Need to start getting cases down from attic, might get a surprise when we open them, might still be something lurking about from last November :o
If you've got any faux plastic tulips left in there Pat you might as well bin them

Burnley
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Burnley »

Arrived home today to a message from my Travel Agent :- "P&O have given you an upgrade". I thought; "Wow! An outside cabin maybe? :D "
No such luck! :( We have been 'up-graded' to the deck above & been moved from forward to inside mid-ship, granted it is a slightly larger cabin but it does back onto the stairs & lifts; oh well, beggars can't be choosers & it is better than nothing :)

Scott1
Cadet
Cadet

Re: Meet & Greet N327 26th October 2013

Post by Scott1 »

N327 Meet & Greet 26th October

After an overwhelming response from the group members :think: the majority decision indicates that The Red Bar would be the most appropriate place to hold our meet and greet.
Thank you Promocollect, Dave, for your input.

Some felt that the Exchange Sports Bar would be very noisy.

Metropolis Bar Deck 18 .P&O has advised me that as the Choir will be
practising :lol: that morning that it would not be in our best interest because we will not be able to hear each other talking.

The only alternative now is on The Red Bar, beside the Atrium.

N327 Meet & Greet
Saturday 26th October 2013
Promenade Deck 7
The Red Bar beside the Atrium
Time 11am 12 noon. Or whenever you wish to leave.

Hope this suits everyone.

Pat

Scott1
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Scott1 »

N328/N328A Meet & Greet 10th November

Venue : Metropolis Bar Deck 18 .P&O has advised me that as the Choir will be again practising :D that morning that it would not be in our best interest to host this event in The Metropolis , because we will not be able to hear each other talking.
(Remember last year Phil)

N328/N328A Meet & Greet
Sunday 11th November 2013
Promenade Deck 7

Pat

Burnley
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Burnley »

Scott1 wrote:

The Red Bar, beside the Atrium. N327 Meet & Greet
Promenade Deck 7

Pat
Sounds good to me; :D written it down on "Things NOT to forget list! As my memory can play tricks on me! :lol:

SueandPhil
Cadet
Cadet

Post by SueandPhil »

Don't forget to let Hughie know Pat :lol:

Scott1
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Scott1 »

SueandPhil wrote:
Don't forget to let Hughie know Pat :

:shh: :shh: :shh: :shh: :shh:

Scott1
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Scott1 »

Burnley wrote:
Scott1 wrote:

The Red Bar, beside the Atrium. N327 Meet & Greet
Promenade Deck 7

Pat
Sounds good to me; :D written it down on "Things NOT to forget list! As my memory can play tricks on me!

Granville,hope after you meet us your memory doesn't play tricks and you forget you ever met us :lol: or even worse you might forget who you are :?
Our happy little group has now reached the total of 22 people :clap: Might require to book a double decker soon for our ventures to the beach :lol:

Pat

Return to “The Meeting Place - Ventura”