Cadet
Cadet

Re: Meet & Greet N327 26th October 2013

Post by Burnley »

Scott1 wrote:
Burnley wrote:
Scott1 wrote:
N327 Meet & Greet 26th October

Granville,hope after you meet us your memory doesn't play tricks and you forget you ever met us :lol: or even worse you might forget who you are
Our happy little group has now reached the total of 22 people :clap: Might require to book a double decker soon for our ventures to the beach

Pat
As long as you hold our hands Pat, I'm sure we will not forget you! :D Really looking forward now, though I keep being told not to get too excited yet :o :shock:

Scott1
Cadet
Cadet

Re: Free Airport Parking

Post by Scott1 »

Could someone please explain to me how the following works:
FREE AIRPORT PARKING

Where do you get the relevant documentation that confirms you have selected this option.

If you have booked free airport parking does P&O provide you with documentation to present at the airport.

One of our friends booked free airport parking at Manchester airport for 9th Nov but has no information or documentation to confirm this when he deposits car at the airport.

Any information welcome

Thanks Pat

Burnley
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Burnley »

Scott1 wrote:
FREE AIRPORT PARKING

Where do you get the relevant documentation that confirms you have selected this option.

If you have booked free airport parking does P&O provide you with documentation to present at the airport.

One of our friends booked free airport parking at Manchester airport for 9th Nov but has no information or documentation to confirm this when he deposits car at the airport.

Any information welcome

Thanks Pat
I don't know what good this is, but we have free coach travel from Manchester airport which is NOT a normal pick up point for Eavesway it is Preston for this area. We also have not received any information on this what-so-ever. When I asked my travel agent I was told it would all be explained with the tickets when they arrived, and it was a special coach that was being put on because we were flying back to Manchester, but I must admit that if it was free parking, I'd want to know now, for my own peace of mind, would phoning P&O for information not help? My travel agent did say that they would get us to Southampton no matter what happened!!!!!!!!

Scott1
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Scott1 »

Burnley wrote:
Scott1 wrote:
FREE AIRPORT PARKING

I don't know what good this is, but we have free coach travel from Manchester airport which is NOT a normal pick up point for Eavesway it is Preston for this area. We also have not received any information on this what-so-ever. When I asked my travel agent I was told it would all be explained with the tickets when they arrived, and it was a special coach that was being put on because we were flying back to Manchester, but I must admit that if it was free parking, I'd want to know now, for my own peace of mind, would phoning P&O for information not help? My travel agent did say that they would get us to Southampton no matter what happened!!!!!!!!
Thanks Granville, Tony is driving from Wales to Manchester Airport and the free parking is inclusive in his deal. He is going to phone Stephanie at P&O on Monday to clarify the situation . Pat

Scott1
Cadet
Cadet

Re: Ventura N327 Change of Venue Meet & Greet 26th October

Post by Scott1 »

Change of Venue
N327 26TH OCTOBER 2013
Meet & Greet METROPOLIS SKY DECK 18
11am-12pm.

Today I received an e-mail from Hannah regarding a previous e-mail that I had sent her relating to suggestions as to where our meet & greet should take place that would be suitable to both our group and fit in with Ventura's daily itinerary,find copy of e-mail below.

Dear Mrs Martin,

I have received confirmation from the ship that they can accommodate your get together between 1100-1200 on 26 October 2013 but we ask please that this is held in Metropolis stbd side rather than the Red Bar.

Details noted below.

DATE TIME AGENDA

DETAIL
26 October 2013 1100-1200 Forum Discussion
Metropolis stbd side
- Bar to be open
- Tea and Coffee station set up

I trust you have a wonderful time on board with us and if you need anything else just let me know.

Kind Regards,

Hannah

I hope this is suitable to everyone and as I had previously requested, P&O will be supplying complimentary tea and coffee to members of our group. Should you wish to purchase alcoholic or soft drinks this can be purchased from the bar by submitting Ventura card.

Pat

SueandPhil
Cadet
Cadet

Re: Ventura N327/N328 Nov 2013 Caribbean

Post by SueandPhil »

Pat,
Have you told her yet about the other meet on 10th? If we need to hold that in Metropolis as well I will need to set off after breakfast as it is about a mile from our cabin,
I bet Hannah quivers with fear whenever she opens an email from you
Really though Pat Metropolis will be fine for 328 meet as long as the bar is open and that bloody choir don't sing out of key :lol:
Phil

Scott1
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Scott1 »

SueandPhil wrote:
Pat,
Have you told her yet about the other meet on 10th? If we need to hold that in Metropolis as well I will need to set off after breakfast as it is about a mile from our cabin,
I bet Hannah quivers with fear whenever she opens an email from you
Really though Pat Metropolis will be fine for 328 meet as long as the bar is open and that bl**dy choir don't sing out of key :lol:
Phil
Actually Phil, we are very lucky to have Janice a member of our group who sings in the choir joining us this year on both N327& N328.

I am awaiting confirmation from Hannah to confirm if it will be the Metropolis or not. Originally it was to be held in the Red Bar but it looks as though the entertainments team on Ventura think that it may be possible to reserve the Metropolis.
Remember last year when I requested the Metropolis, Ventura entertainment team said no and after I contacted Hanna the entertainment team changed the location and we did get the Metropolis. Only other problem I can see for you and Sue is making sure that you don't drop the CAKE on that long walk from your cabin to the Matropolis :oops: . Watch this pace :wave: .

SueandPhil
Cadet
Cadet

Post by SueandPhil »

Pat,
I thought that the evening the choir did their thing in the atrium was one of the highlights of the cruise really.
Could you let me know how many people might be attending the n328 meet as I need to practice cutting a chocolate chip into 48 pieces

Scott1
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Scott1 »

SueandPhil wrote:
Pat,
I thought that the evening the choir did their thing in the atrium was one of the highlights of the cruise really.
Could you let me know how many people might be attending the n328 meet as I need to practice cutting a chocolate chip into 48 pieces

So far Phil, at last count 40 people attending however, we know that some will not turn up and we also know that others will attend who have not wished to participate in the postings. Could you stretch the chocolate chip to two chocolate chips :think: just to ensure everyone gets a piece of the chip :lol:

I received an e-mail today from Hannah to inform me that she still waiting on a reply from the entertainments team on the Ventura confirming exactly where the N328 meet & greet will take place. :clap:

:thumbup: Watch this space
Pat

Jasper
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Jasper »

Evening everyone, I trust we all have our holiday information brochure/luggage labels etc. Suits and evening dresses are in the dry cleaner's as I type to it's getting close. Pre-booked some dining and a trip to Bequia today, so it's all taking shape.

Pat, can you remember the itenary we followed on Antigua last time? also please paste up the different beaches on the Islands/places of interest ta

Jasper.

Scott1
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Scott1 »

Jasper wrote:
Evening everyone, I trust we all have our holiday information brochure/luggage labels etc. Suits and evening dresses are in the dry cleaner's as I type to it's getting close. Pre-booked some dining and a trip to Bequia today, so it's all taking shape.

Pat, can you remember the itenary we followed on Antigua last time? also please paste up the different beaches on the Islands/places of interest ta

Jasper.
Jasper hope this is what you are looking for.

BARBADOS 9th November

Paynes Beach at Blue Monkey Hotel.
Minibus /Taxi to Blue Monkey Hotel Beautiful beach and you can either swim out to snorkel with the turtles or hire glass bottom boat from beach.
Confirmed Pat Scott Janet ,Tony Alan, Janice, Cliff ,Noreen, Fiona, Karin

Confirmed and booked Bequia

Pat, Scott ,Tony, Janet ,Tony ,Sue ,David .Sheila ,Sue Phil Alan & Janice, Jasper, Sue

St Lucia, Minibus to St Lucian by Rex Halcyon
Beds /Shades & Refreshments available as well as washing / changing facilities
Confirmed Pat, Scott, Janet ,Tony, Sue, Tony, Alan, Janice, Cliff, Noreen, Sheila, David

Antigua, Minibus to Redruit or Rodney Beach Beds Shades Refreshments available
Confirmed, Pat, Scott, Janet ,Tony, Sue, Tony, David. Sheila, Alan, Janice

St Kitts, Minibus to Cockleshell Bay Beds Shades, Refreshments available
Confirmed Pat, Scott, Janet ,Tony, Sue, Tony, Alan, Janice, David, Sheila, Chris, Hazel, Joan, Andrew

Grand Turk, just meet on beach as you stroll off the ship, however we will be sitting along at the far end of the beach just to your right as you approach the end of the free sunbed area.
Necessary to bring along your Chocolates and Drinks because we ain’t sharing ours with you.
(FREE) Beds/shades available Refreshments, food etc available. to purchase, however
you can walk down gangway to beach and go on and off ship as often as you like. Even return for lunch.

Tortola. Open deck bus to Cane Garden Bay
Confirmed Pat, Scott, Janet ,Tony, Sue, Tony,Alan, Janice ,Cliff ,Noreen

St.Maarten, Water taxi over to town and beach .

This beach is lovely and you have all the facilities of bars, shops etc available
Easy to just get in water taxi and hop over, lovely stroll along front, beach, shops
Antigua, Nov 2011

Remember the guy did not turn up with the pre booked minibus/taxi :roll: and we ended up all getting into a big bus. The driver took us a little tour about till we reached Nelson ‘s Dockyard and we had to pay extra to enter the Dockyard. He then took us to a beach on the return journey ,the beach was very close to the ship the rain came on and we were only there for about 30 min

Last year a group of us all met at the bottom of the gangway at an allocate time agreed by all and proceed to travel to beach in the same min bus/taxi. We had such a wonderful time that we all ended up travelling together every day to the beach.

You know that your party are welcome to accompany us on any of the beach trips. Just let me know so as that we don’t leave without :thumbup:

Quizzical Bob
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Quizzical Bob »

Scott and others, just a word of caution. Rodney Bay/Reduit beach are on St Lucia and not Antigua. Dickenson Bay, perhaps?

Scott1
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Scott1 »

Quizzical Bob wrote:
Scott and others, just a word of caution. Rodney Bay/Reduit beach are on St Lucia and not Antigua. Dickenson Bay, perhaps?
Thanks Quizzical Bob that's the problem when you copy and paste end up mixing everything up.
We have been to both Rodney/Redruit about 20 times so I should have known better.
Thanks. Pat

sanker1
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by sanker1 »

Hello,

Free airport parking: I believe you have to book this yourself (up to 6 months prior to departure) and tell the company you have free parking via P&O. I guess then they would ask for you booking ref. I believe from Manchester this is with APH Parking which is an off airport parking outfit out of Sharston, Manchester. they bus you into the airport and bus you back upon your return. However please check this is correct. Either way I thought it was a poor effort and had it out with P&O ages ago (that's another story that anyone that used to use the P&O forum may remember it causing a right stir!)

Pat I will email you to your email address a contact phone number for myself (jasper) so we can speak and make firm arrangements re pre meal birthday drinks etc. I do remember the trip you refer to where the pre booked bus never found us and you got subsequent email abuse from said driver. What was the beach the guy took us too?

Jasper via laptop profile.... :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :mrgreen: :D

Scott1
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Scott1 »

CORRECTIONS Relating to post submitted to Jasper 1st October 2013.

Should have stated
St Lucia, Minibus to St Lucian by Rex Halcyon or Reduit beach .
Beds /Shades & Refreshments available as well as washing / changing facilities
Confirmed Pat, Scott, Janet ,Tony, Sue, Tony, Alan, Janice, Cliff, Noreen, Sheila, David

Antigua DICKENSON BAY not as previously posted REDUIT OR RODNEY BAY
The extension of Dickenson Bay to the south (officially called Runaway Bay), is also a lovely stretch of sand and much quieter.
Minibus to beach .Refreshments, sun beds/shade available, that is where we are heading .
Confirmed, Pat, Scott, Janet ,Tony, Sue, Tony, David. Sheila, Alan, Janice

St Kitts, Minibus to Cockleshell Bay Beds Shades, Refreshments available
Confirmed Pat, Scott, Janet ,Tony, Sue, Tony, Alan, Janice, David, Sheila, Chris, Hazel, Joan, Andrew

Grand Turk, just meet on beach as you stroll off the ship, however we will be sitting along at the far end of the beach just to your right as you approach the end of the free sunbed area.
Necessary to bring along your Chocolates and Drinks because we ain’t sharing ours with you.
(FREE) Beds/shades available Refreshments, food etc available. to purchase, however
you can walk down gangway to beach and go on and off ship as often as you like. Even return for lunch.

Tortola. Open deck bus to Cane Garden Bay
Confirmed Pat, Scott, Janet ,Tony, Sue, Tony,Alan, Janice ,Cliff ,Noreen

St.Maarten, Water taxi over to town and beach .

This beach is lovely and you have all the facilities of bars, shops etc available
Easy to just get in water taxi and hop over, lovely stroll along front, beach, shops
Antigua, Nov 2011

Pat

Scott1
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Scott1 »

[quote="sanker1"]Hello,

Pat I will email you to your email address a contact phone number for myself (jasper) so we can speak and make firm arrangements re pre meal birthday drinks etc. I do remember the trip you refer to where the pre booked bus never found us and you got subsequent email abuse from said driver. What was the beach the guy took us too?

Jasper via laptop profile....

Craig, I can't remember the name of the beach but it was only about 5min drive from the beach back to the ship.
We nearly all ended up having a drink in Hemingway's on James Street before embarking the ship. Have you tried Hemingway's :thumbup: Lovely little bar/café/restaurant to end your visit to Antigua.. You can sit on the outdoor balcony and look down St Mary's Street and you can see the ship, about
2 min walk from ship, that is if you don't get pulled into every little shop on the way down St Mary's Street .
Speak to you soon.
Pat

Scott1
Cadet
Cadet

Re: Ventura N327Nov 2013 Caribbean

Post by Scott1 »

Hi Guys, can anyone help another cruiser out with the following.
Judy originally posted on CruiseCritic.co.uk

We are hoping to go on this tour http://www.amazingtours.se/uk/option5.htm
on Tuesday 28th October, but we need 2 more people who would like join.
Anybody interested??

Thanks Pat

Burnley
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Burnley »

Is it worth pre-booking a meal at the Atul Kochhar and Marco Pierre White restaurants or will we be able to easily get a table once on board? Though I think it would be more enjoyable if we were to go with another couple, decisions, decisions :? :?

Scott1
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Scott1 »

Burnley wrote:
Is it worth pre-booking a meal at the Atul Kochhar and Marco Pierre White restaurants or will we be able to easily get a table once on board? Though I think it would be more enjoyable if we were to go with another couple, decisions, decisions :? :?
Granville, Scott and I are also thinking about trying Marco Pierre White but we are waiting till we are on board the ship before booking, reason being we don't know what evenings we will be attending other pre dinner events such as Peninsular Club Cocktail Party or wish to attend something special in the theatre and therefore not sure about dates or times. Once on board on the Friday we will have the two week evening itinerary waiting in the cabin informing us about what events are taking place throughout the fortnight and we will decide then. :think:

Pat

Burnley
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Burnley »

Scott1 wrote:
Burnley wrote:
Granville, Scott and I are also thinking about trying Marco Pierre White but we are waiting till we are on board the ship before booking, reason being we don't know what evenings we will be attending other pre dinner events such as Peninsular Club Cocktail Party or wish to attend something special in the theatre and therefore not sure about dates or times. Once on board on the Friday we will have the two week evening itinerary waiting in the cabin informing us about what events are taking place throughout the fortnight and we will decide then. :think:

Pat
Pat,
That's good enough for me, must admit I was wondering how I could work out which dates would be suitable, booking on board sounds much more reasonable. :D

Scott1
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Scott1 »

Just had an e-mail from Keith and Sandra from South Wales :thumbup: two of our group from last year. They are also on Cruises N327 and N328, :wave: so happy that they are joining us. Keep an eye out for them they are trying to navigate there way around the sites :? .

Sue, I think the cake must now have a second tier :think:
Pat

SueandPhil
Cadet
Cadet

Post by SueandPhil »

Still got a couple of tiers left from our wedding cake Pat, perhaps we should bring those along. Might be a little stale by now. They certainly where at eldest's christening 25 years ago
Anyway whats this I hear about you touting private tours in Madiera? Another string to your bow, Pats Independent Tours (PITs)?
Phil

Scott1
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Scott1 »

SueandPhil wrote:
Still got a couple of tiers left from our wedding cake Pat, perhaps we should bring those along. Might be a little stale by now. They certainly where at eldest's christening 25 years ago
Anyway whats this I hear about you touting private tours in Madiera? Another string to your bow, Pats Independent Tours (PITs)?
Phil
Phil, I don't have a clue about what you are talking about. The only Madiera that I know about is Madeira Cake :think: We are not even going to Madeira on our trip out we are stopping at The Azores :yawn: .Me think you are pulling my third leg :oops: Or perhaps someone else is using my trade name :problem: what do you think :roll:

Scott1
Cadet
Cadet

Re: Ventura N328/N328A 8th/9th Nov 2013 Caribbean

Post by Scott1 »

Just in case some of you may have missed this on the other site

Hi everyone N328/N328A 8th /9th November

I have received confirmation this morning confirming the following
Meet& Greet Sunday 10th November 2013 Metropolis Sky Deck
11am-12noon.

Good Morning Mrs Martin

I am pleased to advised that the ship have confirmed that the additional meeting can be accommodated. Event details attached below.

Special Instructions:

Mrs Martin has arranged for a forum discussion on board along with other passengers travelling.

Meeting to be held on Sunday 10th November in
The Metropolis std board side 11am-12.pm

Requesting that this meeting be highlighted in The Horizon
Cruise Director to attend meeting if schedule permits
Refreshments can be purchased through the bar
Tea and coffee complimentary

Sue you had better bake an extra large Cake now. Phil, I new you would be happy about the Cruise Director attending

Well folks hope to see you all there, I am sure everyone is looking forward to meeting each other

Pat

surfingbabe2
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by surfingbabe2 »

Hi All,
I am on N328a flying from manchester with my husband and 2 other couples. This will be our first time on Ventura and I am looking forward to the sun and warmth. Janet xx

Return to “The Meeting Place - Ventura”