Topic author
PATRICIA2
Cadet
Cadet

Re: Ventura N327/N328 Nov 2013 Caribbean

Post by PATRICIA2 »

shpirie10 wrote:
Hi All
Just realised I caused confusion with my login name, in the P&O community I was in as shonap, so this is Shona (on behalf of Shona & Jim) we were part of the Pink Carnation Group from Caribbean Cruise in November 2011. Looking forward to seeing you all this November.
:wave: Hello Shona and Jim, at last you have turned up. I was getting worried about you because since the P&O site went down I had no way of contacting you. I did not even realise that it was you Shona posting under sphirie10. Your ears must have been burning this evening because all I have done is search lots of other sites to try and find you. In the process of searching other sites ,I came accross Sue and Phil, honestly they must feel that I am stalking them :lol: every site I have been on they have been there before me. (wonder who they are looking for) :roll:

Tony and Sue from Wales and Jasper and Sue from Nov 2011 are also on this cruise,remember we celebrated Sue's birthday.
Am I correct in thinking that you are celebrating a special anniversary and Jim a special birthday. I have already added your names to the celebration spreadsheet.
Shona please do keep in touch and give our regards to Jim.
PHIL, Yes this is another two of my old friends (not so old may I say) that we met on Ventura in Nov 2011. We are gathering in bulk now :D
HAPPY CRUISING

Jasper
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Jasper »

Hello Shona and Jim.... from one pink carnation to another! Hope you two are keeping well and it will soon be November. Not that I want to wish my life away.

Jasper.....

Topic author
PATRICIA2
Cadet
Cadet

Post by PATRICIA2 »

Below is the dress code for the cruises below :D .

Ventura Dress Code by Cruise

N327 Southampton Barbados 14 Nights , 4 Black Tie , o Smart , 10 Evening Casual , 1 Black & White , 1 Tropical ,1 60s-70s
N327A Southampton Barbados 15 Nights 4 Black Tie, 0 Smart, 11 Evening Casual , 1 Black & White, 1 Tropical, 1 60s-70s
N328 Barbados Barbados 14 Nights 4 Black Tie, 0 Smart, 10 Evening Casual , 1 Black & White, 1 Tropical, 1 60s-70s
N328A Barbados Barbados 14 14 Nights 4 Black Tie, 0 Smart , 10 Evening Casual , 1 Black & White, 1 Tropical, 1 60s-70s

Themed Nights include 1, Black & White , 1 Tropical ,1 60s-70s
HAPPY CRUISING

Jasper
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Jasper »

Hello All,

As a group...will anyone be organising or wanting to take part in trips on the various island called at?. Any trip P&O organise can be done on a group basis or even bettered for less money. The only down side of course is that should a P&O official trip return late then the ship waits.

Jasper.

Topic author
PATRICIA2
Cadet
Cadet

Post by PATRICIA2 »

Jasper wrote:
Hello All,

As a group...will anyone be organising or wanting to take part in trips on the various island called at?. Any trip P&O organise can be done on a group basis or even bettered for less money. The only down side of course is that should a P&O official trip return late then the ship waits.
Jasper.

:wave: Hi Jasper,
below are names of group members who have already opted to join each other in tax/bus to the beaches.
However, they are only trips to the beaches.
So far no one has suggested organising trips on the various islands.
I am thinking about booking the Escape to Bequia with P&O because I know that there is only about 26 guests from the ship allowed to visit island at the one time.
Some of the group visited Bequia last year and they said it was great and I don't think that tours to Bequia can be arranged from St Vincent.

You know that you and Sue and your two friends are very welcome to accompany us on any of the beach trips. Just let me know and I will add your names to the spreadsheet.

As you know Dominica is not the best island to visit, but perhaps if you can round up enough group members we could hire an air donditioned coach and have a tour around the island. :o

Are you joining us for chocolates and champers on the beach in Grand Turk :thumbup:

In November 2012 we visited Caribbean for 21 days as we visited some of the same islands again on our third week, we managed to
negotiate on our first visit and get our bed/shade for several dollars less on our second visit. As we are on the cruise for 28 days and visit some of the islands twice, we will be negotiating again for a discount on the beds/shades for 2nd visit.

St Lucia St Lucian by Rex Halcyon
Confirmed
Pat, Scott,
Janet ,Tony
Sue, Tony,
Alan & Janice

Antigua: Runaway Bay
Confirmed
Pat, Scott
Janet ,Tony
Sue, Tony,
Alan, Janice

St Kitts: Cockelshell Bay (Beautiful)
Confirmed
Pat, Scott,
Janet ,Tony
Sue, Tony,
Alan , Janice

Tortola: Cane Garden Bay
Confirmed
Pat, Scott,
Janet ,Tony
Sue, Tony,
Alan,Janice

St.Maarten: Water Taxi over to town/beach
Confirmed
Pat, Scott,
Janet ,Tony
Sue, Tony,
Alan & Janice
HAPPY CRUISING

Topic author
PATRICIA2
Cadet
Cadet

Post by PATRICIA2 »

[b]3029 Visitors have viewed this topic so far. :thumbup:
Are they all on N327/A N328/A :think:
Hopefully, if you are on either the back to back or one of the above cruises,please do join us :D .
[/b]
HAPPY CRUISING

Topic author
PATRICIA2
Cadet
Cadet

Post by PATRICIA2 »

Wednesday 20th March. Managed to get in again. Missed this forum,hope it continues.
Pat
HAPPY CRUISING

Burnley
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Burnley »

I also have managed to get back on, 2nd attempt today, however, if you try to use the "quote" or "post a reply" you get a "page temporarily unavailable", but the "quick reply" is working :-)

shpirie10
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by shpirie10 »

Hi All

Thought this site had also been taken off-line, really happy can get on to it again. Looking forward to seeing other pink carnation members (Pat, Scott, Craig & Sue) and also meeting new people.

Craig, we are both doing well and also can't wait until November.

Topic author
PATRICIA2
Cadet
Cadet

Re: 2014 AZURA A428/ A429 Southampton- Caribbean

Post by PATRICIA2 »

Hi all, just to let you know that today 21st March , I have booked Azura Nov 2014 for 28 days Southampton-Caribbean. :lol:
HAPPY CRUISING

Burnley
Cadet
Cadet

Re: 2014 AZURA A428/ A429 Southampton- Caribbean

Post by Burnley »

PATRICIA2 wrote:
Hi all, just to let you know that today 21st March , I have booked Azura Nov 2014 for 28 days Southampton-Caribbean. :lol:
:mrgreen: :clap: :thumbup:

Jan1403
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Jan1403 »

Hi all, I've found this site after being directed by Pat from Cruise Critic. We are Jan & Steve, flying out of Manchester to Barbados on 8th November. This cruise is to celebrate our Silver Wedding Anniversary which is in September. ( Pat you can put us down on the celebrations list). We have cruised twice before on Royal Caribbean but decided to try P & O this time. Need to start looking at things to do on each of the Islands. Steve likes some sightseeing and I like chilling on a beach with a good book and cocktail! so will arrange days out to suit us both. Can anyone tell me how long we will usually be in port? The only definite on our list is to go to Maho on St Maarten to see the planes come in over the beach!

SueandPhil
Cadet
Cadet

Post by SueandPhil »

Hi,
Welcome aboard. We are also on this cruise but not joining up til the 9th. If you want to go to Maho beach you may want to consider Bernards Tours(you can Google them) They will take to Maho later on the Tour and get you back to the Ship on time as the traffic can be really bad in the afternoon(the larger planes usually land later in the day) You will also get an hour or two on Orient beach so you will get your relax time. You can usually leave the ship around 8.00am and back onboard around 5.00pm so you can enjoy a full day ashore. If you need any advice just post on here and Pat will usually have an answer :thumbup: won't you Pat lol

Topic author
PATRICIA2
Cadet
Cadet

Post by PATRICIA2 »

SueandPhil wrote:
Hi,
Welcome aboard. We are also on this cruise but not joining up til the 9th. If you want to go to Maho beach you may want to consider Bernards Tours(you can Google them) They will take to Maho later on the Tour and get you back to the Ship on time as the traffic can be really bad in the afternoon(the larger planes usually land later in the day) You will also get an hour or two on Orient beach so you will get your relax time. You can usually leave the ship around 8.00am and back onboard around 5.00pm so you can enjoy a full day ashore. If you need any advice just post on here and Pat will usually have an answer :thumbup: won't you Pat lol
Phil, have just been informed about a golden sandy beach in St Vincent :thumbup: . My friends have just returned from their cruise and have told me all about this beautiful beach in St Vincent, 20 min by taxi from port. Think I will give this a try instead of Bequia.
HAPPY CRUISING

SueandPhil
Cadet
Cadet

Post by SueandPhil »

Sounds good but I was looking forward to paying $25 for a Hamburger on Bequia

SueandPhil
Cadet
Cadet

Post by SueandPhil »

Whats the Beach called Pat? might want to Google it
Phil

Topic author
PATRICIA2
Cadet
Cadet

Post by PATRICIA2 »

SueandPhil wrote:
Whats the Beach called Pat? might want to Google it
Phil
Phil,sent you a PM
HAPPY CRUISING

Topic author
PATRICIA2
Cadet
Cadet

Post by PATRICIA2 »

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE

30 Weeks till Scott and Pat join Ventura :lol:
HAPPY CRUISING

Topic author
PATRICIA2
Cadet
Cadet

Post by PATRICIA2 »

Picked this posting up from P&O Facebook
I hadn't realised that if you pre-book excursions the charge is entirely separate from the on board credit . It must be a new arrangement. This has a number of implications if people have a large OBC due to the vantage fare changes since booking . I was expecting to pay for my expensive trips out of the OBC in July . Now I will take the chance that places are available and wait till I get on board. If people can't use the OBC they get from Vantage fare savings by booking early for trips, then why bother booking early for the cruise in the first place?

Any feedback from anyone on this please
HAPPY CRUISING

Burnley
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Burnley »

" PATRICIA2 » 03 Apr 2013 11:29 » Post Number:#69
Quote:-
I hadn't realised that if you pre-book excursions the charge is entirely separate from the on board credit . It must be a new arrangement. This has a number of implications if people have a large OBC due to the vantage fare changes since booking . I was expecting to pay for my expensive trips out of the OBC in July . Now I will take the chance that places are available and wait till I get on board. If people can't use the OBC they get from Vantage fare savings by booking early for trips, then why bother booking early for the cruise in the first place?"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That sounds very bad. I know that last year we had to wait until our "Cruise Personliser Account" was open. When it was, our OBC was shown & we were able to book an excursion prior to sailing. If I tied to book the trip earlier they wanted payment there & then, so maybe this is what the FB post was all about, we shall just have to wait & see I suppose, unless we can get the information direct from a P&O source. :eh:

Topic author
PATRICIA2
Cadet
Cadet

Post by PATRICIA2 »

Burnley wrote:
" PATRICIA2 » 03 Apr 2013 11:29 » Post Number:#69
Quote:-
I hadn't realised that if you pre-book excursions the charge is entirely separate from the on board credit . It must be a new arrangement. This has a number of implications if people have a large OBC due to the vantage fare changes since booking . I was expecting to pay for my expensive trips out of the OBC in July . Now I will take the chance that places are available and wait till I get on board. If people can't use the OBC they get from Vantage fare savings by booking early for trips, then why bother booking early for the cruise in the first place?"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That sounds very bad. I know that last year we had to wait until our "Cruise Personliser Account" was open. When it was, our OBC was shown & we were able to book an excursion prior to sailing. If I tied to book the trip earlier they wanted payment there & then, so maybe this is what the FB post was all about, we shall just have to wait & see I suppose, unless we can get the information direct from a P&O source. :eh:

Granville,
I think you are right about what the FB posting was all about, however,
our friends did pre book tours in advance and did have to pay in advance for their trips (paid by credit card/debit card) which meant trips could not be deducted from OBC. Perhaps they did not have OBC :think:
I do know that when we booked our trips once onboard we did have to pay higher price than we would have done if we had booked prior to boarding. When I questioned this hike in price I was informed that tours had increased in price. :evil:
Stephanie from P&O is scheduled to telephone me on Friday morning to confirm my cabin number for Nov 2014 cruise so I will get correct information from her regarding the OBC
and clarification regarding (if you pre-book excursions the charge is entirely separate from the on board credit
Will get back to you on Friday regarding this.
Pat
HAPPY CRUISING

Burnley
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Burnley »

I wonder if it is worth booking a cruise in advance ? Some friends of ours went into our local independent travel agents last Saturday & booked a two week cruise round the Canary Islands, Southampton back to Southampton on the Ventura departing this coming weekend. They have got an outside cabin, granted it has an obstructed view, but for £500 each, who is going to complain :?: They have saved at least the best part of £1000 by booking last minute :o
So I say again, is it worth booking early just to get a little OBC & a specific cabin :?: I don't think so :!: :roll:

Burnley
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Burnley »

Nobody posting on here any more? I enjoyed the banter & more importantly the information! Come on guys where are you?

Jasper
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Jasper »

Burnley....you pay's your money and you takes your choice I guess. I am all for booking late when it's an holiday thrown in at the last minute and a fantastic deal. Other times when you want exactly then it's a chance you'll take if you leave it.

Pat, I did read your email and apart from the reply regarding pre evening meal drinks in the suite (Birthday) I am not ignoring it, It's just tricky to know what's happening. Given friends of ours are also coming along for their very first cruise I don't know what will take their fancy once the cruise booklet arrives. They may see an excursion and really fancy it. We all dash onto the P&O organised excursions at first not knowing it can all be done and more for cheaper dock side.

I will endeavour to sort things out with yourself just as soon as.

Jasper

Burnley
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Burnley »

Jasper wrote:
Burnley....you pay's your money and you takes your choice I guess. I am all for booking late when it's an holiday thrown in at the last minute and a fantastic deal. Other times when you want exactly then it's a chance you'll take if you leave it.

Jasper
I do agree with you Jasper, it's just that P&O appear to be trying to tell us that with Vantage Fares, this wouldn't/shouldn't happen! At least not at such a big discount, of course at this price the dining options are probably not available, you can't really expect them to be, & as we like company when we dine, I suppose that may rule us out of waiting, but ........... it is a great temptation! We could do 2 or even 3 cruises at that price :shh:

Return to “The Meeting Place - Ventura”