New Ship 1st Foundations

Topics that are specific to cruising

Andrea S
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Re: New Ship 1st Foundations

Post by Andrea S »

I cannot get my head around those who like to moan.

Whether they like it or not a cruise ship is a floating hotel taking them to various places. The cruising market has plenty on offer , small, medium, large, gigantic intimate and the brash ones.

Choose the right one you will have a wonderful time.
There is no need to choose the wrong one , you can almost dissect a ship on line to find out if it has what you want.

We all have different ideas so it is obvious this ship won't suit a lot of people.
I want a nice itinerary, lots of sunshine, and a choice of eating places. Hopefully this ship will have those things so I will be one happy bunny.
If not , I won't be trying her simple. No moans at all.

Not so ancient mariner
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Not so ancient mariner »

Size matters. the larger the ship, the lower its running costs per passenger. That is why they are constantly getting bigger. I read somewhere that Artemis (nee Royal Princess) was the largest cruise ship afloat when she was built (1984?). Now there are some that are five times her GRT.

As for a name for the new ship, how about Himalaya. A traditional P&O name, which certainly implies size!

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

Not so ancient mariner wrote:
... As for a name for the new ship, how about Himalaya. A traditional P&O name, which certainly implies size!
It also implies ' elephant ' ... of the white variety potentailly but hopefully not. ;)
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

noddy10
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by noddy10 »

End of the day its personal choice you pays your money and takes your choice that is the same with everything in life but why come on here moaning "it will be like a bigger block of flats" or "there is no promenade deck" because somebody mentioned it on here so it must be true. The people that moaned when the Captain announced at a cocktail party about the building of Ventura about being too big but now both Ventura and Azura have become very popular with many if not all. Whether we like it or not that is the way cruising is going because obviously more cost effective so therefore more profit in bigger ships you only have to look at Royal Caribbean, Celebrity and Princess to name a few. The next lot of moaning will be when P&O announce which ship is leaving P&O whether it will be Oriana or Oceana or the unreliable Aurora.

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

Having taken the trouble to look back through this thread, I have to say there isn't evidence of a great deal of "moaning". OK, some people (me included) have expressed an opinion but just becasue that does not concur with the views of everyone, how can it be construed as "moaning". Different people like different things, which is why P&O have a range of ships from large to small, from child free to family friendly - to suit all tastes. Just because some of us don't all like the same and have the audacity to say so, does not mean it is "moaning"

Dark Knight
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by Dark Knight »

yes it is
so stop moaning about the lack of moaning :thumbup: :lol: :lol:
Nihil Obstat

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

So you are telling me I cannot express an opinion now ?! Just wait until I become a Goldie next year - then you will know about moaning !

Dark Knight
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by Dark Knight »

that explains why you are training so hard recently :D :D
now stop moaning and behave :thumbup:
Nihil Obstat

paultheeagle
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by paultheeagle »

:evil: :thumbup:

Will you lot stop moaning about people who you think are moaning, but ain't moaning, just stating a preference.

I want a prom deck when I go on a cruise and if the ship ain't got one then I ain't going on it...simples.

As qb says that ain't moaning it is stating a preference.

So stop moaning :sarcasm:

:wave:
Up The Palace

Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Post by Kendhni »

Andrea S wrote:
I cannot get my head around those who like to moan.
Fortunately I don;t seem to meet that many of them ... and if I do I will do my best to wind them up by agreeing totally with them and highlighting various things that they may have missed ... by the time I am finished with them they will be ready to hang themselves from the nearest mast :)

Mo2013
I am banned
I am banned

Post by Mo2013 »

I have always detested reading posts which complain about people who are entitled to, and have expressed, a cruising preference or view and have related their dissatisfaction with their holiday. Are the REAL moaners those who cannot, or will not, accept and respect that someone has had a poor experience? Anyone can research a ship but if something happens on board which has spoilt things for them, should they not mention it or discuss it on a forum because some people can't cope with it and resort to name-calling ? :silent:
And on the matter of a promenade deck, I would look for a ship with a prom deck because it is nice to go for a proper walk, especially if one is used to walking at home but who doesn't use the gym facilities. :wave:

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

Not bothered if its too big, looks like a block of flats, does not have a wrap round prom deck and will be too crowded on deck to find my own sunbed or between decks, if its a bit chilly, to find an empty chair to read my paperback; don't posess a Kindle yet. Although I would prefer that its not called Canberra, which I assume was originally named because it did the Australia run, which clearly this one won't if they cannot fill Azura for a worldie.

My requirements are that its going somewhere I would quite like to be, and a time I would like to go, sails roundtrip from Southampton, has plenty of spacious accessible cabins and, most importantly, has a price I am happy to pay.

However on present form it is quite likely to fail on my final requirement.
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

Topic author
haveabeer
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by haveabeer »

Towny44
Just how we feel just love to cruise
Dave

Dark Knight
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by Dark Knight »

I am sure it will soon become a favourite of many and should be appluded as it shows a continued investment in the future of the company as they continue to evolve the cruising experience

viva the difference :thumbup:
Nihil Obstat

Quizzical Bob
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Quizzical Bob »

noddy10 wrote:
End of the day its personal choice you pays your money and takes your choice that is the same with everything in life but why come on here moaning "it will be like a bigger block of flats" or "there is no promenade deck" because somebody mentioned it on here so it must be true. The people that moaned when the Captain announced at a cocktail party about the building of Ventura about being too big but now both Ventura and Azura have become very popular with many if not all. Whether we like it or not that is the way cruising is going because obviously more cost effective so therefore more profit in bigger ships you only have to look at Royal Caribbean, Celebrity and Princess to name a few. The next lot of moaning will be when P&O announce which ship is leaving P&O whether it will be Oriana or Oceana or the unreliable Aurora.
I'm certainly not moaning, just saying that it's not for us. My info about the promenade deck came from a brief chat two years ago with David Dingle. From what I remember the lifeboats will be hanging outboard and the only exercise deck will be up at the top level and all that I have seen since confirms this. To me that is like going to a hotel that is right on the seafront but whose only outside space is a rooftop terrace. As I say, not for me but I expect some will like it.

emjay45
First Officer
First Officer

Post by emjay45 »

Well one good thing is that we all have a choice. We can choose how much we are prepared to pay, what cabin we prefer and what ship we want to sail on. I for one hope we continue to have a choice and these huge ships are not the only option. :tired:

Onelife
Captain
Captain

Post by Onelife »

Could someone please put a link up showing the new foundations as I could do with a good moan :angel:

Topic author
haveabeer
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by haveabeer »

Dave

arcadialover
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by arcadialover »

Dark Knight wrote:
PTE
you little jack Russel you...WOOF WOOF

My posts on here are to highlight just how spoilt and pompous some people are when it comes to cruising, honestly how the .... can you moan about a ship, when half the world can't eat every day ??

its about time some folk on here got some perspective and realised they are very lucky to be on any ....... ship in the first place
and to say the lack of a prom deck is a deal breaker is not only stupid but shows just how removed from the real world some folk are

so woof F.....g woof, if it makes a Rottweiler, then all well and good, coz a lot of people on here really need to get a grip and stop being so f.....g selfish and up their own arses
Why do you have to be so rude. Surely people are entitled to have their own opinions on this site, unless I have missed that bit in the forum rules.

Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Post by Kendhni »

Onelife wrote:
Could someone please put a link up showing the new foundations as I could do with a good moan :angel:
If you want more information including deck plans etc. have a look at this link ... she will be very similar.

My understanding is that she is an evolution of the Azura/Ventura design ... just a bit stretched.

paultheeagle
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by paultheeagle »

arcadialover wrote:
Dark Knight wrote:
PTE
you little jack Russel you...WOOF WOOF

My posts on here are to highlight just how spoilt and pompous some people are when it comes to cruising, honestly how the .... can you moan about a ship, when half the world can't eat every day ??

its about time some folk on here got some perspective and realised they are very lucky to be on any ....... ship in the first place
and to say the lack of a prom deck is a deal breaker is not only stupid but shows just how removed from the real world some folk are

so woof F.....g woof, if it makes a Rottweiler, then all well and good, coz a lot of people on here really need to get a grip and stop being so f.....g selfish and up their own arses
Why do you have to be so rude. Surely people are entitled to have their own opinions on this site, unless I have missed that bit in the forum rules.
arcadialover :thumbup:

Bless you....Mr Darknightly was only playing...it was banter...He can't help it, he comes from Derby (nuff said) and is about to dwell in the Hull :yawn: area....so he's a tad touchy at present.

His bark is worse than his bite.......Honest...He is a pussy cat really.

:wave:
Up The Palace

Topic author
haveabeer
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by haveabeer »

Well make your mind which one he is :lol:

His bark is worse than his bite.......Honest...He is a pussy cat really
Dave

Onelife
Captain
Captain

Post by Onelife »

Thanks haveabeer/Ken

I’m sure this new ship will have something for everyone, Shopping Malls which would make Birmingham’s Bull Ring shopping centre look like a corner, street market....More themed eateries, “with their supplements”. Kiosks (at every corner) where you can purchase spar treatments, themed rides, and special performance theatre tickets. Oh and before Darkpanties gets his knickers in a twist they’ll probable introduce odour controlled smokers balcony’s...long overdue in my opinion...Woof woof :wave:

Nope! you won’t be seeing keefy onelife on board...mass market occupancy doesn’t appeal to me...
even if/when they have to start selling fares at rock bottom prices.

Now can you all stop your B**dy moaning :lol:

Regards

OL

arcadialover
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by arcadialover »

haveabeer wrote:

Oh dear I am scared of dogs and cats, so not much hope for me.

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

arcadialover wrote:
haveabeer wrote:

Oh dear I am scared of dogs and cats, so not much hope for me.
Are you ok with mice ? :lol:
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Return to “Cruise Specific Discussion”