New Ship 1st Foundations

Topics that are specific to cruising

arcadialover
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Re: New Ship 1st Foundations

Post by arcadialover »

Well I am not too keen on their long tails but I like hamsters, do they count?

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

arcadialover wrote:
Possibly so ... Darknighty seems to go round n round in circles most of the time so maybe in real life he's a hampster just pretending to be a Rottenviler-ish. :shock:
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Romig1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Romig1 »

Manoverboard wrote:
arcadialover wrote:
Possibly so ... Darknighty seems to go round n round in circles most of the time so maybe in real life he's a hampster just pretending to be a Rottenviler-ish. :shock:
Does anyone know what happened to the P&O hamster which used to power it's website? :lol:

arcadialover
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by arcadialover »

Romig1 wrote:
Manoverboard wrote:
arcadialover wrote:
Does anyone know what happened to the P&O hamster which used to power it's website? :lol:

They only live on average 180 days, so perhaps he was buried at sea

Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Post by Kendhni »

Alternatively maybe some put him in a liquidiser and made a cocktail out of him

arcadialover
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by arcadialover »

Kendhni wrote:

Naah, P&O cocktails of the day aren't that tasty.

Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Post by Kendhni »

arcadialover wrote:
Kendhni wrote:

Naah, P&O cocktails of the day aren't that tasty.
:shock: :shock:
ADMIN .. ADMIN ... BLASPHEMY ... unless you exclude Cool Coladas from the above
:D

Dark Knight
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by Dark Knight »

:yawn: :yawn: :yawn:
honestly you lot really do go on

arcadiaperson.....do you want me to explain tongue in cheek, most of the time I post to amuse myself at the sheer pomposity of some of the members of this site, who really do thing they are a bit special just coz they go on boating holidays and think that they can actually have any effect on what Pando do
one day they will realise that they are just the same as everyone else and just a source of money for Pando, not valued clients, not special and not remotely important or interesting to PandO
sorry to burst their bubbles
Nihil Obstat

emjay45
First Officer
First Officer

Post by emjay45 »

Dark Knight wrote:

arcadiaperson.....do you want me to explain tongue in cheek, most of the time I post to amuse myself at the sheer pomposity of some of the members of this site, who really do thing they are a bit special just coz they go on boating holidays and think that they can actually have any effect on what Pando do
one day they will realise that they are just the same as everyone else and just a source of money for Pando, not valued clients, not special and not remotely important or interesting to PandO
Pompous people on here :?: Who would they be :?: Whose bubble do you think you are bursting :crazy:

Dark Knight
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by Dark Knight »

Mj

all you have to do is read through some of the posts by people who think they can tell others or Pando what to do, just coz they do a few boating holidays. middle england it all it's finery
Nihil Obstat

towny44
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by towny44 »

Dark Knight wrote:
Mj

all you have to do is read through some of the posts by people who think they can tell others or Pando what to do, just coz they do a few boating holidays. middle england it all it's finery
Will someone please feed this dog or give it a slipper to play with. 8-) :lol:
John

Trainee Pensioner since 2000

Gill W
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Gill W »

Aw, leave DK alone, he might be a bit blunt sometimes, but he tells it like it is
Gill

RB1961
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by RB1961 »

Some of his posts can be funnier than some of the morning all jokes. :lol: :lol:

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

Just three comments on the new ship.

1. Will reserve judgement on whether we like it till we've been on it. Always a good test I find.

2. Aim to do that as soon as possible - ideally on the Maiden Voyage because we enjoyed Azura's so much - plus the best chance of something breaking and getting loads of compensation.

3. Might be in a minority but think it should be called Canberra. Canberra was the most loved P&O ship of all time (source - P&O's 175 anniversary blurb) so why not aim to repeat that success? Canberra was a groundbreaking design as this will be (source - ditto). Canberra had two funnels. So has this (source - well look for yourself). So it's a no brainer innit?

Oh and a p.s. A little trick I learned on those ships without a wrap around prom deck. Start at starboard side, forward. Walk to stern and round it. Proceed up port side. At last door before the dead end, open door, cross ship and exit the other side. Repeat till fit or exhausted. Of if you really find opening doors too tricky, when you reach forward end port side turn 180 degrees and go round the other way. Walking anitclockwise is pretty much as easy as going clockwise, the view is different on the way back, and you don't get dizzy. Seemples. ;) ;)

Topic author
haveabeer
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by haveabeer »

Mervyn and Trish wrote:
Just three comments on the new ship.

1. Will reserve judgement on whether we like it till we've been on it. Always a good test I find.

2. Aim to do that as soon as possible - ideally on the Maiden Voyage because we enjoyed Azura's so much - plus the best chance of something breaking and getting loads of compensation.

3. Might be in a minority but think it should be called Canberra. Canberra was the most loved P&O ship of all time (source - P&O's 175 anniversary blurb) so why not aim to repeat that success? Canberra was a groundbreaking design as this will be (source - ditto). Canberra had two funnels. So has this (source - well look for yourself). So it's a no brainer innit?

Oh and a p.s. A little trick I learned on those ships without a wrap around prom deck. Start at starboard side, forward. Walk to stern and round it. Proceed up port side. At last door before the dead end, open door, cross ship and exit the other side. Repeat till fit or exhausted. Of if you really find opening doors too tricky, when you reach forward end port side turn 180 degrees and go round the other way. Walking anitclockwise is pretty much as easy as going clockwise, the view is different on the way back, and you don't get dizzy. Seemples. ;) ;)
How dare you come up with a sensible answer to the problem :lol:
Dave

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

Would there be a crew member on hand to open the door for the Goldies ?

Dark Knight
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by Dark Knight »

Well done Merv

how to kill a thread stone dead, you are far too clever for your own good :lol: :lol:
Nihil Obstat

barney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by barney »

OH no!
Now you set the cat amongst the pidgeons

Walk ANTICLOCKWISE ????? Are you mad ?????

That's asking for serious trouble.

You wouldn't half get some funny looks from the 'professional walkers'
You know, the ones with all the gear and the headband

:lol:
Empty vessels .. and all that

qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

Last year, we came across one with an all-singing, all-dancing pedometer too !

Dark Knight
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by Dark Knight »

are those the power walkers who barge past you and tut a lot?
I think I nearly pushed one over the railings last year, when he rushed past me all sweaty and huffing about lack of awareness of walkers.............mind you he did understand ye olde anglo saxon rather well :roll: :roll:
Nihil Obstat

paultheeagle
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by paultheeagle »

Merv the Swerve :wave:

Did Magellan open doors when he circumnavigated the world?.....NO.
Did Sir Francis (whatsisface) have to open doors when he sailed solo around the world?............NO
Does a car have to go through a door when it travels around the M25?...........NO
Does one have to open doors when one takes ones Rottweiller for a walk around ones park, staying on the path and using the correct tool when it does a 'pony and trap'?..............NO

So why should I have to open doors on a cruise ship when I want to go for a walk around the prom deck.....It ain't going to 'appen, 'cause if it ain't got a wrap around, I ain't going on it.....simples. :lol:

:thumbup:
Up The Palace

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

paultheeagle wrote:
Merv the Swerve :wave:

Did Magellan open doors when he circumnavigated the world?.....NO.
Did Sir Francis (whatsisface) have to open doors when he sailed solo around the world?............NO
Does a car have to go through a door when it travels around the M25?...........NO
Do you have to open doors when you take the Rottweiller for a walk around the park, staying on the path and using the correct tool when it does a 'pony and trap'?..............NO

So why should I have to open doors on a cruise ship when I want to go for a walk around the prom deck.....It ain't going to 'appen, 'cause if it ain't got a wrap around, I ain't going on it.....simples. :lol:

:thumbup:
But in fairness Eagle person

Magellan didn't get his bed made for him and a chocolate on his pillow too.....NO
Sir Francis didn't get four course dinners served to him every night....NO
I've never yet heard of a car get round the M25 without an obstruction far greater than a couple of doors...NO
And, the clincher, with the exception of the Dark Knight, P&O generally don't allow Rottweillers on board...NO
(and if old Darkie pooped on the deck he'd be off too.......YES!)

However, Mr Eagle, if you prefer to stay at home and sulk, or grant your custom to those ships equipped with miles of teak, while I slumber in my deckchair on the good ship Canberra it'll be one less walker to trip over my feet! ;)

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Dark Knight wrote:
are those the power walkers who barge past you and tut a lot?
I think I nearly pushed one over the railings last year, when he rushed past me all sweaty and huffing about lack of awareness of walkers.............mind you he did understand ye olde anglo saxon rather well :roll: :roll:

Well you see on Canberra you won't have to exert so much effort. Just slam the door in his face. :lol:

arcadialover
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by arcadialover »

Dark Knight wrote:

Again how rude, My user name is Arcadialover not Arcadiaperson. Thank you for your explanation that most of the time you post the way you do to amuse yourself, fine for those that know you do this, but not ideal for new people like me who didn't know you post this way just to amuse yourself.

Dark Knight
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by Dark Knight »

Arcadialover
are you male or female?

as I do not know this , I opted for a non sexist appelation, which for some reason you found rude??
I am at a loss to see how one could take umbridge at a common courtesy? however it is good to know for future reference :roll: :roll:
Nihil Obstat

Return to “Cruise Specific Discussion”