AZURA 313N

Arrange to meet other members whilst on a cruise on Azura

Dancing Queen
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Re: AZURA 313N

Post by Dancing Queen »

This really isn't good enough, is it :thumbdown: we are hearing daily that people can't access their personalisers, can't print e-tickets and luggage labels, can't book tours, can't book flight seats ... time P&O sorted their IT out .. it's a joke :lol: :lol:
Jo

Suekersh
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Suekersh »

I have managed to get into cruise Personaliser without any problem today.
It does appear to be sorted now.

They still have wrong information on one if our cruises and even though we have told them about it some weeks ago it is still showing us disembarking in Muscat which is a tender port when we have booked to Dubai with 3 nights stay there.

Sue

oldbluefox
Ex Team Member

Post by oldbluefox »

They can't blame the Community Forum this time can they? It's certainly not a good advert for the company is it, and makes you wonder exactly what is happening down there. The last update on the P&O site was 5th March and nothing heard since then.Not good enough for those who are trying to sort out their cruises, their excursions and their travel documents.

Topic author
ChrisB
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by ChrisB »

Three weeks today and we will be in our taxi on the way to Southampton. I do hope the weather improves so we have a decent sailaway.
Regards
Chris

Suekersh
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Suekersh »

Hi Chris,
Yes getting closer now. 3 weeks today we will be Bobbing up and down in the BOB.

Need to try on some clothes today and decide what I am packing (again) keep changing my mind.

We still have not been allocated a cabin but hopefully this time next week it will all be sorted.

I just can't wait to get away from this awful weather. Just been to Boots for sun cream and other bits and pieces.

Sue

Suekersh
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Suekersh »

2 weeks today we will be setting off for Southampton. Cases will come out of the loft this weekend to air before packing commences next weekend.

Still no cabin allocation even though the balcony grade we booked is showing as sold out.

Any one else excited yet?

Sue

Mummykins
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Mummykins »

Wheeeeeee yes so excited only 2 weeks to go, can't believe the time is going so quickly. Half packed - all the flat things etc. Sure that I don't need half of the clothes that are hanging, looking at me.

My problem is that I have to pack for my husband and decide what he needs to take. I do so wish that there was just two dress codes, formal for those who like to dress up (not me) and smart casual. It is the 'jacket required' that I hate. I am OK but for a man, I am not sure. The only jacket my husband possesses is a cord jacket apart from a suit. Is this suitable? He has no use for a linen jacket, sports jacket or blazer. I am not buying one just for a cruise, already had to buy the dinner suit and dress shirts that will only ever be worn on a cruise.

OK I know that we could go to the buffet but I want to have the choice as we might really fancy the menu in the MDR.

I do hope we get better weather than here and that the Bay of Biscay behaves.

Hope, perhaps to meet some of you if my moaning hasn't put you off :lol:

gouty-man
Cadet
Cadet

Post by gouty-man »

Grey Linen Jacket on Tesco's website for thirty nine squidlies. Go on.....spoil him! (Then you can go anywhere you like on the ship!)

Mummykins
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Mummykins »

Thanks for the tip but they only have one size and of course not the correct one :thumbdown:

Somergirl
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Somergirl »

Getting really excited now, collected my large suitcase from my son this week, and I have started putting things out. Hair cut and colour next weekend and nails etc all booked. Lists everywhere, packing list, to-do list, to buy list! Why do I also feel the house needs extra cleaning, no-one will be there!

Manically trying to sort everything out at work, seem to have about 3 weeks work to try and finish before I go and after a full week next week only two and half days the following week.

Just about to print off my luggage labels on to card so they are a bit stronger, this is the first time I havent received them in the post.

Oh well lunch time over so back to the enormous pile of work, I will need those three sea days by the time I get there.

Good packing everyone, hope to see you on-board.

Somergirl

Suekersh
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Suekersh »

Hi all, finally got our cabin allocation. Well pleased as got mid ships balcony on B deck. Also starboard side so will get the view sailing into Venice. Top grade balcony cabin.

Sue

Suekersh
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Suekersh »

Anyone know what colour B deck cabin luggage labels are?

We have navy blue ones in the cruise book but would prefer to print out with cabin details on.

I seem to recall Pink for b deck. Am I correct?

Sue

Somergirl
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Somergirl »

Glad you are happy with your cabin Sue, no upgrade for me, :( still I am happy with the cabin I booked.

My TA emailed to say P&O dont issue baggage labels any more and I have to print them off from the web site, which I have done (but only black and white). Always had them sent before with the cruise information tour details etc. I didnt tick to 'Go Green' but I did log in and book a tour very early.

I dont know what the TA have done for their commission, I asked for a confirmation that they have received my full payment .... nothing, and I had to email to check if they had booked my free parking, they did ring to tell me Corfu was going to be a tender port. But apart from that a waste of time, I have printed everything myself. The price was the same as going direct with P&O, think I will book direct next time, maybe while onboard to get some extra OBC.

Somergirl

Suekersh
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Suekersh »

Hi Somergirl,

We booked this as a getaway and we were surprised to get cruise booklet with luggage labels. As the cabin had not been allocated the labels are Navy blue. We will print out new ones from the CP but like to colour them in the deck colour.

A few of the posters from Cruise critic are meeting up on 1 June in the planet bar at 10:30 am, we will be wearing garlands or flowers to identify ourselves. All are welcome.

Sue

Topic author
ChrisB
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by ChrisB »

Hi everyone. We too will be getting the cases out this weekend and the hanging rail. I shall start packing after next weekend, as we have family coming on Bank Holiday Monday.

We did not go green either but P & O said we had, so had to print off our labels. I printed them on plain paper, coloured the edges with a green highlighter pen, as we are on C deck, and then laminated them, punched a hole in the top and will attach them with cable ties.

Sue, we are C deck mid ships on starboard side so will look up and give you a wave.

Only 13 more sleeps.
Regards
Chris

Somergirl
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Somergirl »

Well I never for the first time in 14 cruises the upgrade fairy has visited me. P&O have upgraded me to an outside cabin, I must have been a good girl!!! :D

Somergirl

Topic author
ChrisB
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by ChrisB »

Somergirl, Well done an upgrade. We have done 25 cruises with P & O and only once been offred an upgrade from a balcony cabin to a suite on Oceana, down side was it cost us and extra £500, but well worth it.
Regards
Chris

haveabeer
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by haveabeer »

Somergirl wrote:
Well I never for the first time in 14 cruises the upgrade fairy has visited me. P&O have upgraded me to an outside cabin, I must have been a good girl!!! :D

Somergirl
Well done Somergirl not long now
Dave

haveabeer
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by haveabeer »

Marlin 48 wrote:
Hi Havabeer,
We are up for a drink pre cruise if you would like to think of a time to meet i think we should be able to find each other.
My car is only at the De Vere the one night then down to the Mayflower for CPS.
Martin
Martin you still up for a pre cruise drink?
Dave

haveabeer
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by haveabeer »

Somergirl wrote:
Hello Haveabeer

Well what a coincidence I live in Burnham as well. I dont finish work until Thursday afternoon, so I am planning to drive down early on Friday. Unfortunately I will be in with the riffraff as well! Although I dont like Champagne so it would be wasted on me as well, give me a nice glass of wine anyday.

Hope we get a chance to meet up and share highlights of life in Burnham!

Somergirl
Hope we can as well would be really nice to meet you and discuss the merits of Burnham on Sea lol
Dave

Marlin 48
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Marlin 48 »

Hi haveabeer,
We are still up for a tipple in the De Vere, see you in the bar what time suits you.
Martin

haveabeer
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by haveabeer »

Marlin 48 wrote:
Hi haveabeer,
We are still up for a tipple in the De Vere, see you in the bar what time suits you.
Martin
Around 7.30 look forward to seeing you then
(Will have my white phone on table)
Dave

Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Post by Kendhni »

Don't forget the red carnation button hole and to approach by asking 'does the vulture fly in from the east' .. followed by the secret handshake ... can't be too careful

Marlin 48
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Marlin 48 »

Kendhni wrote:
Don't forget the red carnation button hole and to approach by asking 'does the vulture fly in from the east' .. followed by the secret handshake ... can't be too careful
Kendhni,
Think you have been watching too many James Bond films or are you a Mason.

Marlin 48
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Marlin 48 »

haveabeer wrote:
Marlin 48 wrote:
Hi haveabeer,
Martin
Around 7.30 look forward to seeing you then
(Will have my white phone on table)
Hi haveabeer,
Will look out for the phone

Return to “The Meeting Place - Azura”