Discussions about anything related to Azura

Topic author
AlexandraW
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

The Retreat

Post by AlexandraW »

Good morning all.....advice/help/information needed
We are due on Azura in just over 4 weeks, and I am unsure as to what to do about the Retreat. I have only ever been in what was then the adults only area on Ventura (in the day when you didn't have to pay)
Do people recommend we pay day by day, or does the price of £200 pp allow access to the area whenever we like (baring in mind we are not big sun bathers, but are aware it is school holidays and it is just me and the other half and would like a bit of peace and quiet) Will it sell out quickly, can you book per day prior to departure?
Any help, suggestions would be muchly appreciated!
Thanks
Alexandra :D

Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Re: The Retreat

Post by Kendhni »

We did the Retreat on one port day and thought it was excellent. Plenty of space with your choice of loungers in the shade or in the open. From what I have heard/read it does sell out quickly, particularly on sea days (we booked it on a port day). There is also the mad morning rush with people queuing early to try to bag 'the best' loungers in a mad dash when the doors open.

There are things that could be improved (such as allowing pre-booking of a nominated lounger (similar to choosing seats on a flight).

Dark Knight
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by Dark Knight »

we did the retreat on a sea day
we booked it as soon as we boarded in Southampton, just to make sure we got the day we wanted as there was 6 of us
they provided breakfast and lunch and waiter service for drinks, bathrobes etc were also provided
even on a sea day it was still very quiet with lots of beds still available and plenty of room in the shaded tent type thing they have

overall I thought it good value for money and a nice bit of a treat for us all and I would say, give it a whirl
Nihil Obstat

Ray Scully
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Ray Scully »

Very enjoyable, however I wondered if the razor wire and guard dogs to keep the 'plebs' out was entirely necessary

Ray

Mervyn and Trish
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mervyn and Trish »

No that was just to make you feel at home Ray! :sarcasm:

We did it on a port day. I seem to remember it is cheaper on port days. But like others we enjoyed the experience.

Topic author
AlexandraW
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by AlexandraW »

Thank you, we will book a couple of days then when we board....have to give it a whirl! :clap:

Return to “About Azura”