Andre Rieu

An area to discuss any books you have read, films that you have seen or television programmes

Topic author
Jean W
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Andre Rieu

Post by Jean W »

As I said on another post some weeks ago, I would love to see Andre in concert. When he is next in our area, it is not possible for us.

Need we worry - no :thumbup: We went to the Cinema last night and witnessed a Live Broadcast of his concert from Maastricht. Absolutely fabulous :clap: Sitting in a Cinema lacked the atmosphere (obviously), but we were so, so lucky to have 'close-ups'!! Every single person in the 'cast' gave their all, including the absolutely splendid 'special' Orchestra at the end. Yes, I was in tears. They were an Orchestra of Physically and Mentally handicapped youngsters - they were so charming and happy. They will remember that experience for the rest of their lives. Humble, you bet.

Before that, something completely different - a guest appearance - Trini Lopez. If my Maths are correct - 76 and still going strong - still a lovely voice :clap:

The whole evening was absolutely superb.

This was our first experience of these Live Performances at Cinemas - it will definitely not be our last.

gfwgfw
First Officer
First Officer

Re: Andre Rieu

Post by gfwgfw »

Jean

So pleased that you enjoyed the simulcast

We, at the Tivoli Theatre, Wimborne, Dorset were proud to have this live concert on our screen, this being our first dip into this live presentation media

The theatre was almost filled with a very appreciative audience of all ages

Graham
Gentle Giant of Cerne Abbas :wave:

Topic author
Jean W
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by Jean W »

Graham

Thank you for your contribution.

As a matter of interest, have you tried to register with http://www.cinemalive.com (as per the programme we were given)? We tried yesterday and I have tried on numerous occasions today, to no avail. It may be our Computer, although everything else is OK :!:

I hope you manage more of these events, We were told my a member of Staff that they are becoming very popular.

Jean

gfwgfw
First Officer
First Officer

Post by gfwgfw »

Dear Jean

Saturdays concert was beamed into circa 200 UK cinemas plus many theatres world wide

We have a sister theatre at Christchurch, Dorset " The Regent Centre"

They have put on many simulcasts i.e.. Ballet, Opera, musicals and recently a play from London's West End all well attended

No doubt we at the Tivoli will seek the most suitable simulcast for our rural Dorset and Uk patrons

I was unable to log into your link :thumbdown:

Luboo and your lubberly dog :wave:

Graham x

brayman
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by brayman »

I'd certainly support the Tivoli if they managed to bring some West End plays to iWimborne :)

gfwgfw
First Officer
First Officer

Post by gfwgfw »

brayman wrote:
I'd certainly support the Tivoli if they managed to bring some West End plays to iWimborne :)
Thank you Brayman

We have had amassing support from our rural Dorset friends to restore this lovely Art Deco theatre sited in the heart of the beautiful Minster Market town of Wimborne

This very year we will be celebrating twenty years since the first brick was laid to restore "The Tivoli" It has been a very hard but inspiring twenty year slog :geek:

Pop in and see us - you could be privy to meet the Giant

Graham x

gfwgfw
First Officer
First Officer

Post by gfwgfw »

. . . . and bye the bye welcome aboard our friendly ship

Graham

Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Post by Kendhni »

I read the title and thought we were talking of a chef ... obviously I ain't posh :)

Silver_Shiney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by Silver_Shiney »

Kendhni wrote:
I read the title and thought we were talking of a chef ... obviously I ain't posh :)
He's like DK doing his expenses yesterday.... on the fiddle....
Alan

Q-CC-KOS
Q-CC-TBM

Return to “Book, Film & TV Club”