Explosive growth of Asian cruise market

Cruising destinations in Asia

Topic author
Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Explosive growth of Asian cruise market

Post by Kendhni »

Read story here
Asia will account for 20% of the world cruise market by 2020, according to a forecast presented by Carnival Asia CEO Pier Luigi Foschi.

Foschi said Asia will account for 3.7 million passengers in 2017, and that number will grow to 7 million by 2020. The bulk of those passengers will be sourced from China, he said
Asia is somewhere I very much want to visit, however I wonder if the growth there will mean much of the fleet currently operating around the Mediterranean will be relocated to the far east ... as well as many more new ships being built out there.

Topic author
Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Re: Explosive growth of Asian cruise market

Post by Kendhni »

... and the very next story I read is that Carnival is to open an office in Hong Kong ...

I wonder if they are looking any staff :-)

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Post by Manoverboard »

Hong Hong would be a fantastic turnaround Terminal, just need to sort out the nonsense with Indian and Chinese Visas and they will be on a roll as there are many new and exiting options for P&O Cruisers let alone the Chinese.

May even get a ship with a decent Cantonese style Restaurant on it :lol:
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Romig1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Romig1 »

Many years ago we did a Straights of Melakka cruise out of Phuket, stopping at Langkawi, Penang, Melakka, Singapore, KL and Pankor (a small Malaysian resort island).

The best itinerary we have ever done.

Topic author
Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Post by Kendhni »

We had table mates that did a cruise up the Yangtze river and it sounded amazing ... I really fancy that one.

Peggysue
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Peggysue »

Just back from a Holland America Cruise of Japan and China - absolutely fabulous and cheaper than any cruise I have done in years. Was supposed to cabin share and my cabin mate was unfit to travel so had the cabin to myself. However even the single fare was competative so will certainly look more closely at this part of the World. Getting visa was easier than anticipated and Walking on the Great Wall of China was one of those moments that just take your breath away!! Unforgettable Would i go back to Asia - yes -yes-yes

Return to “Asia”