J308 Iceland and Fjords July 2013

Reports about cruises on Arcadia

Manoverboard
Ex Team Member

Re: J308 Iceland and Fjords July 2013

Post by Manoverboard »

Could have been four passengers that were getting off part way round and were waving Goodbye to their friends ... it's only 50p :lol:
Keep smiling, it's good for your well being

Belle53
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Belle53 »

Really enjoyed your report, very entertaining read,

I do hope those passengers did get back on board in time.

Topic author
qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

arcadialover wrote:
Manoverboard wrote:
arcadialover wrote:
We heard the rumours about the 4 missing passengers and was told by an officer it wasn't true and the ships log says that all passengers were on board ...
BUT the OP has posted ...

" Sadly, we left four passengers behind. Not just hearsay, this time, as we saw the poor souls running along the quay and gesticulating at the bridge as we pulled out "

I'll have 50p on Cubie's version ... for me the Officer was playing it down and the Log stated that ' All passengers are accounted for '.

The actual cruise log says "with everyone on board". The 4 missing passengers were only called for twice, which is unusual. We actually left at 3.07 so doubt there was even time for crew to have checked their cabin and remove their passport etc from the safe.

Could have been locals just waving bye to the ship.
We were actually talking to two friends of one of the couples on the Aquarius deck at the sailaway and they identified their friends waving frantically at the ship as she pulled out so I can testify first-hand as to the authenticity of this report.

50p to MOB methinks !

arcadialover
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by arcadialover »

Obviously the captain wasn't going to hang around or make any attempt to get them onboard, I bet their friends couldn't believe it. There seemed to be so many rumours going around about this, one couple told us that they didn't actually get off the ship until 2.30am (very odd).

I hate rumours I guess you heard the ones about the crew member who was taken ashore by the life boat

Topic author
qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

I hate to tell you this AL but we did not get off until 2-30

We did the Flora tour in the morning, had a bite to eat and intended to have an hour or so ashore when my dear wife discovered she had lost her camera. Turned out that some kind soul had found it on the ferry and handed it in so by the time we had sorted that out at reception and done a thank you note it was almost time to leave. We just had time for a quick turn around the quay then back on board. . As it happened we were just about last back.

Topic author
qbman1
Captain
Captain

Post by qbman1 »

arcadialover wrote:

I hate rumours I guess you heard the ones about the crew member who was taken ashore by the life boat
I do know he had a broken arm as one of the Chief Officers we know imparted that gem but how he sustained it is just gossip

arcadialover
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by arcadialover »

qbman1 wrote:
I hate to tell you this AL but we did not get off until 2-30

We did the Flora tour in the morning, had a bite to eat and intended to have an hour or so ashore when my dear wife discovered she had lost her camera. Turned out that some kind soul had found it on the ferry and handed it in so by the time we had sorted that out at reception and done a thank you note it was almost time to leave. We just had time for a quick turn around the quay then back on board. . As it happened we were just about last back.

Glad the rumour had some substance to it. LOL Glad you find the camera.

arcadialover
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by arcadialover »

Have you seen the RNLI video of the evacuation, if not I will post you the link.

Capt Black
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by Capt Black »

When we were in Bergen last year, a couple were late back to the ship. We left pretty much on time, after the usual bong-bings and announcements. Then after maybe half an hour, the Captain announced that we were waiting for some latecomers on the quayside. Eventually they turned up in a local boat and were the tender station to get back on board.

I've always wondered who makes the final decision to leave pax behind? The Captain or HQ?

Return to “Arcadia Cruise Reports”