Discussions about anything related to Aurora

Topic author
Foxy111
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Aurora cabin advice pls

Post by Foxy111 »

Could you give me some advice please.

Would it honestly be feasible for 3 'girls' to share what P&O call a deluxe balcony on Aurora (EA grade in 2014) or would we be better off in a mini suite (CA grade 2014) It's only for 7 nights, but you know what it's like getting ready for dinner!

Many thanks.

emjay45
First Officer
First Officer

Re: Aurora cabin advice pls

Post by emjay45 »

Well my son has had an EA grade balcony cabin, and my OH and I have had a CA mini suite. Obviously the mini-suite is wider and has a pull-down sofa bed as of course the balcony cabin does, but does have 2 chairs, so more seating area. It probably has more wardrobe space too. However I found the position of the wardrobes more inconvenient being opposite the bathroom door. (That might just be me). The only difference with the bathroom is that it is slightly larger than the balcony cabins and has 2 basins instead of one. If it’s only for 7 nights I think 3 girls could cope in the balcony cabin. It really depends on whether the extra you would pay for a mini-suite is worth a little more space and another basin. I hope I haven’t confused you more. :)

Topic author
Foxy111
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Foxy111 »

No, not at all, that's just what I wanted to know emjay. Thank you very much :D

Quizzical Bob
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Quizzical Bob »

It's probably best to have the mirror removed from the bathroom or you'll be in there all night.

wolfie
First Officer
First Officer

Post by wolfie »

A deluxe balcony cabin on Aurora is just fine with regards to space. We survived in one for a worldie and have had other balcony cabins, for many other cruises, on Aurora and have booked the samw for our next cruise on her.

The deluxe balcony cabins have a 3 seater settee, as opposed to a two seater, in other balcony cabins. I presume that the 2 chairs, mentioned previously, are in addition to a settee in a mini suite though, only ever having had a mini suite on Oriana , that category may differ from ship to ship....................as may the 2 washbasins in a mini suite though you may have a Jacuzzi bath as we did on Oriana.

emjay45
First Officer
First Officer

Post by emjay45 »

You are most welcome Foxy. Whatever you decide enjoy your cruise on my favourite ship :D

Topic author
Foxy111
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by Foxy111 »

:oops: Apologies, I haven't looked in for a couple of days.

QB, I really don't know what you mean ;) :lol:

Wolfie, thank you for the extra details.

Emjay, I'm sure we'll have a great time thank you. It's a good few months away but we're all certainly looking forward to it. I haven't been on Aurora before and the 2 other girls haven't cruised before so I'll enjoy watching them too as their first time unfurls.

Return to “About Aurora”