What Happens ??

Ventura cruises in 2013

Topic author
oldpoer
Cadet
Cadet

What Happens ??

Post by oldpoer »

Now that the ventura is doing 7 days in and out of Barbados (thank goodness they are changing it for 2014 season) can anyone tell me
1: what are the dining arrangements for the 1st night aboard if you not on freedom dining
2; do they have safety drills every week (whats to stop people from not attending)
3: do they have 2 welcome aboard parties (whats to stop the passengers from the previous week coming back for seconds)
4:do you have to go through immigration in barbados to get off the ship in the middle of your cruise
5:are day cabins still avaliable on your last day
6: do they still have gold tier luncheons

boysmum
Cadet
Cadet

Re: What Happens ??

Post by boysmum »

Look forward to hearing the comments on this, as we have the same on Azura in two weeks time x

Jaczs+
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by Jaczs+ »

oldpoer wrote:
Now that the ventura is doing 7 days in and out of Barbados (thank goodness they are changing it for 2014 season) can anyone tell me
1: what are the dining arrangements for the 1st night aboard if you not on freedom dining
2; do they have safety drills every week (whats to stop people from not attending)
3: do they have 2 welcome aboard parties (whats to stop the passengers from the previous week coming back for seconds)
4:do you have to go through immigration in barbados to get off the ship in the middle of your cruise
5:are day cabins still avaliable on your last day
6: do they still have gold tier luncheons
I would imagine (don't know) that your first night will be open sittings as in one dinning room will be used by those a week ahead of you your week would be in the other.
You would only need to do the safety drill once the day you arrive.
They will have one welcome party for all to attend
No you would just get off in Barbados as you would if you arrived back and stayed the extra night.
I would think they would still do the luncheon and day cabins should still be available.

JenniC
Ex Team Member

Post by JenniC »

Would be interested too as on Ventura on Feb 1st. No problem with returning to Barbados as only been there in transit, so a chance to look around for the day. However, would be miffed if I have to do safety drill again!!! :(
Jenni

Topic author
oldpoer
Cadet
Cadet

Post by oldpoer »

jaczs+ I think you are missing the point of my questions,If you have the safety drill when you arrive on board the passengers from the previous week will have have had their safety drill , so what is to stop the new arrivalls from just walkng about the ship or staying in their cabins to avoid the safety drill .also if they only have one welcome aboard party that means some passengers will have been aboard for a week before their welcome aboard party. The cruises this year do not include an overnight stay in barbados like last season and even then you still had to go through immigration when the ship docked in and get a ticket to let you go ashore

Kendhni
Ex Team Member

Post by Kendhni »

Working on the basis that they will do similar to what happened on Ocean village
1. Usually open seating because flights can be delayed etc.
2. new arrivals will be expected to go to the safety drill but I don;t think there was anything that enforced this
3. the parties were by invite and there was one each week
4. you only have to do immigration in Barbados if you are leaving the ship that day ... not if you are in the middle of your cruise. This is the same as happens on the other islands.
5. yes, but in my opinion, not worth it (I think it was about £40-50 last time we were onboard). I usually find a cash bung to the cabin steward means he will do your cabin last giving you a bit more time. But you can leave your bags securely in the theatre and go into town or do anything else you want.
6. I believe so but since I am currently trying to work up the ranks to be good enough to carry the cases of goldies and sprinkle petals in front of them as they walk, I can not be sure

Topic author
oldpoer
Cadet
Cadet

Post by oldpoer »

Thanks all for your replies , most of this I knew from last year ,I should have addressed my questions specifically to passengers who have been on Ventura/Azura this winter season
sorry

Maritqos
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Maritqos »

Oldpoer ~ Pity you didnt get any replies from members of this forum who have been in the CARIBBEAN this season, there are two that spring to mind I have seen posting here that I know have been there from their On Board reports in December 2012 on the P&O Cruise Community Forum.... :cry:

Topic author
oldpoer
Cadet
Cadet

Post by oldpoer »

Your right maritqos I thought forums were for passing on useful info

JenniC
Ex Team Member

Post by JenniC »

Perhaps they did not see the post as the subject line does not immediately tell you what the question is. Still I am sure it will all be OK - I am on Ventura next Friday, so back in Barbados 8th - will let you know what the format is when I get back.
Jenni

Topic author
oldpoer
Cadet
Cadet

Post by oldpoer »

thanks jenniec :)

Maritqos
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Maritqos »

THANK YOU JenniC - Will be on Ventura in February, so look forward to hearing your replies, and hopefully you may post a few updates from on board too, thats what I miss from the P&O Forum, the onboard reports. Have a wonderful Cruise!

maisiemoo
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by maisiemoo »

I was on Ventura in the Caribbean from 4th - 18th January so I hope I can answer some of your questions.

1. The first night aboard we were given the choice of either eating at 6.30 pm in the dining room or there was a barbecue that was held on deck.
2. We had one safety drill at 7.45 pm on the first night. You were only requested to attend on your first night and not again the following week.
3. There was only 1 Captains Welcome Party during the 2 weeks that we were onboard. Invitations were posted outside your cabin with date and time.
4. When you return to Barbados after 7 days you can just get off the shop as per every other island. Immigration is only done on the last day of the holiday ready for the return to England.
5. Day cabins are available on your last day at a cost. Our flight meant us leaving the ship at 12.00 noon so we didn't bother.
6. Don't know about gold tier luncheons

Topic author
oldpoer
Cadet
Cadet

Post by oldpoer »

Thanks for that info maisiemoo we are on ventura from the 22nd feb and were just wondering what happens with the pax changing every week,hope you enjoyed your cruise and did not put on too much wieght :D :D :D :D

maisiemoo
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by maisiemoo »

Only put on a stone! Losing it will take much longer than it did to put it on! Don't pack any clothes that are on the snug side as I can guarantee they won't fit by the 2nd week on board unless you have mega willpower. Something I obviously didn't have...

Topic author
oldpoer
Cadet
Cadet

Post by oldpoer »

maisiemoo wrote:
Only put on a stone! Losing it will take much longer than it did to put it on! Don't pack any clothes that are on the snug side as I can guarantee they won't fit by the 2nd week on board unless you have mega willpower. Something I obviously didn't have...
A moment on the lips a lifetime on the hips :D :D :D

Maritqos
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Maritqos »

Thank you very much Masiemoo for posting, it is much appreciated. I am struggling at the moment to lose the last 7 lbs and I have only 3 weeks left to lose it :evil: and I know I will put it all back on again, a vicious circle isnt it :D :D

Return to “Ventura Cruises 2013”