N404 & N404A

JenniC
Ex Team Member

Re: N404 & N404A

Post by JenniC »

A great day sorting out and trying on everything. Diet has paid off and evening dresses looking better. Bought a lovely ivory chiffon bolero yesterday (from John Lewis - Damsel in a Dress) - looks great with my favourite black evening dress and perfect for B&W night as very pale ivory and looks almost white :thumbup: Steve also found DJs fitted better since he has been cutting down :clap: Lots of things in the spare room now... Glad that is done as busy 11 days coming up, but managed to get 13th off so can pack and then off to hotel on Friday.... Not long now.. Is everyone else getting organised :?:
Jenni

Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Jan Rosser »

Hi Jenni and fellow cruisers - started putting clothes in back bedroom although as the wardrobe in there is the "cruise" wardrobe I've not had far to go. Last weekend I bought a black silk bolero thingy in John Lewis too Jenni - it's Damsel in a Dress too and it's to go with my black dress which has two sprays of white beads on it for the Black and White night. What a coincidence :lol:

My friends have been allocated a "larger" inside whatever that means but are up on
Riviera deck and I'm on the deck where the Whitewall gallery is situated but not a problem - they are nearer to the sunbeds and I'm nearer the restaurants and bars - I think we'll manage somehow :thumbup:

So 12 days from tomorrow - can't wait :clap: See you all soon :wave:
Janis

JenniC
Ex Team Member

Post by JenniC »

Single digits now - 9 days to go :thumbup: Jan - shall we meet on Sunday 16th - would be nice to have a pre-dinner drink - let me know whay you think and hope your friends will join us too - maybe in the Red Bar or Brodies? We are Freedom dining so any time would suit.

Just one hurdle for me to overcome and that is to book the excess luggage. P&O say that you should call 3-5 days before, but Thomas Cook said they sometimes have the manifest 7 days before so may give it a go on Friday / Saturday :!:

We will soon be enjoying that drink together - looking forward to it.
Jenni

Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Jan Rosser »

That sounds like a good idea Jenni - how about the Red Bar at say 7 pm - I'm sure my friends will be quite happy to join us - looking forward to it :wave: We are on Freedom dining too so a pre dinner drink is the norm for us - I'm now getting seriously excited - getting the cases down tomorrow :D
Janis

JenniC
Ex Team Member

Post by JenniC »

7pm Sunday in the Red Bar it is... I am sure we will recognise each other, but we will try and be near the bar - :lol:

I have managed to get Wed & Thu next week off (as already off Friday) - so great news as I can pack in peace when Steve is at work. Then off to LGW hotel Friday, for a nice relaxing afternoon and evening, before boarding our plane on Saturday.
Jenni

Topic author
Capt Black
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by Capt Black »

Well the packing has officially started here as well. Captainesse Black has also treated herself to a new dress, though it would be more accurate to say, MY credit card treated her!!

Been having a look at the long range weather forecasts: 28 degrees - Bring it on! :thumbup: :wave:

JenniC
Ex Team Member

Post by JenniC »

Capt Black wrote:
Well the packing has officially started here as well. Captainesse Black has also treated herself to a new dress, though it would be more accurate to say, MY credit card treated her!!

Been having a look at the long range weather forecasts: 28 degrees - Bring it on! :thumbup: :wave:
Great isn't it.. If you and your good lady want to join us on Sunday evening (16th), as you will see from previous post, we will be in the Red Bar at 7pm for a pre-dinner drink. Our pictures should give you a clue, yours however :crazy:
Jenni

bigbaluga74
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by bigbaluga74 »

You guys all seem so well organized. My good lady still works and not so much as a sock on the bed yet. We are off to Lakeside tonight with daughter number 1 (coming with us) so I'm sure there will be 'stuff' for the bed after that!!!!
Last time on Ventura lost my case and didn't get it for four days so we will be splitting/sharing cases this time.

Bring on the sunshine.

Mal :thumbup: :thumbup:

Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Jan Rosser »

Well fellow cruisers this time next week we should be waking up to sunshine :thumbup: - I'll want my money back if not :lolno: Back bedroom looks as if I've been burgled but I'm getting there - just shoes and jewellery to sort out then serious packing - please please let me be within the weight limits :roll:
Janis

JenniC
Ex Team Member

Post by JenniC »

Just sorted out day wear and like you [Jan] spare room looks like a tip.... Having five minutes siesta before sorting out jewellery, toiletries etc... Not much longer now :thumbup:
Jenni

Dancing Queen
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Dancing Queen »

Jan Rosser wrote:
Well fellow cruisers this time next week we should be waking up to sunshine :thumbup: - I'll want my money back if not Back bedroom looks as if I've been burgled but I'm getting there - just shoes and jewellery to sort out then serious packing - please please let me be within the weight limits :roll:
JenniC wrote:
Just sorted out day wear and like you [Jan] spare room looks like a tip.... Having five minutes siesta before sorting out jewellery, toiletries etc... Not much longer now :thumbup:

You can really go off some people :lol: :lol:

Have a wonderful time.
Jo

JenniC
Ex Team Member

Post by JenniC »

Well Jan, Capt. Black and Bigbaluga, the day is nearly here. I finished work last night until 4th March and should be having a lie in now but woke up when hubbie went off to work and too excited. I cannot believe in just over 3 days we will be basking in the Caribbean sunshine, but I just want to say to anyone affected by this awful weather, please keep safe.

I notice on another thread we also have Brillo and Andrew Carlisle joining us, so if you read this guys have a good flight.

Jan - have a safe journey and a see you in the Red Bar at 7pm on Sunday and of course if anyone else wants to join us please feel free to do so.

Capt. Black - may see you at LGW, look out for a short, blonde lady in black trousers, cream jumper and a very large cream, black and dark red handbag!!!!

Oh...we're going to Barbados :clap: :wave: :thumbup:
Jenni

bigbaluga74
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by bigbaluga74 »

Thanks for message Jenni. Wishing you and others a great cruise with plenty of rest/sunshine and a good battery charge up. Finally got seat allocation on the BA scheduled flight but not looking forward to picking up cases and going through immigration the other end .

Bon voyage Mal

Jan Rosser
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Jan Rosser »

Bon Voyage to me and all my shipmates for tomorrow's departure to Barbados to the good ship Ventura - yeah we're going to Barbados - not on Coconut Airways - Thomsons will have to do :D :wave:
Janis

Jean W
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by Jean W »

Jan and Shipmates - have a great time :thumbup:

Return to “The Meeting Place - Ventura”