Aurora Christmas Cruise 2014

Aurora cruises in 2014

MaureenB
Second Officer
Second Officer

Re: Aurora Christmas Cruise 2014

Post by MaureenB »

I was seriously considering booking this cruise as I did it on Aurora 2009/10 and had a fantastic time with my mate Lizzie. I priced it up just 2 weeks ago at a shade over 4k (am single traveller and do like a balcony) Should have jumped in then....... I priced it yesterday.........?..........a shade under 6k :x ........ So not for me...........boo hoo......

Hi Romig and Wina........ it would have been a hoot if I had been able to go........or perhaps not for you two :lol: I was hoping to talk the other half of our double act in to booking as well :D Now I bet that would have you running for cover!! :lol: You will have a wonderful time whatever, Christmas on board is great fun, and the fireworks in Madeira are truly awesome.

Maureen

Wina G
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by Wina G »

arcadialover wrote:
Not sure how accurate this is but just checked and it seems as if Aurora is the only ship in Madeira on New years eve. Can't think that is right, I just wonder if it means we are the only ship actually docked.
We are the only P&O ship in Madeira on NYE, presume there'll be quite a few more too :D

Hi Maureen, we would have loved to see you both again :D ... fortunately we seem to have booked before the recent price rise :thumbup:

June1969
Cadet
Cadet

Post by June1969 »

arcadialover wrote:
Not sure how accurate this is but just checked and it seems as if Aurora is the only ship in Madeira on New years eve. Can't think that is right, I just wonder if it means we are the only ship actually docked.
There are 7 ships scheduled to be in Funchal on NYE. Others may sail by mooring in the bay whilst the display is on. I saw them live on line (sad I know) one year and counted 15 ships in total.

Other ships in are. AIDAstella, AIDAblu, Mein Schiff 3, Thomson Majesty, Marco Polo, Artania. And of course Aurora. :thumbup:

June1969
Cadet
Cadet

Post by June1969 »

We have booked second sitting, club dining.
If the refit puts a Glass House and Sindu on board my other half will be so pleased. :thumbup:

Only 11 months to go and the ship is getting full, I noticed many cabins are already sold out on the P&O web site. Big price increases also maybe the early booking cruisers are going to be treated fairly after all.

morecambe13
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by morecambe13 »

Hi all, we are on this one too. Was on Oceania last year. This year Aurora will have the new flag on her bow.

Topic author
Romig1
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Romig1 »

Don't mention the flag!!!! :-)

morecambe13
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by morecambe13 »