Arrange to meet other members whilst on a cruise on Oceana

Topic author
Emrobo
Second Officer
Second Officer

Re: E303 - Atlantic Islands

Post by Emrobo »

anneed wrote:
Oh dear, the weather's not looking great for any of our stops at the moment. Must remember to take my brolly.
I was thinking that!!

Topic author
Emrobo
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by Emrobo »

Not so ancient mariner wrote:
We may be on the ABP website, but they have us down as returning to Ocean terminal on the 16th, and P&O seem to think we are docking at Mayflower!
I assumed we were coming back into Ocean terminal - it only says that on our e-ticket?

Not so ancient mariner
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Not so ancient mariner »

You are right, my e-ticket now states that; - but I am pretty sure that's not the original information I was given. I didn't think it odd leaving from the Ocean Terminal and returning to Mayflower, as that's exactly what we did on E204 in March last year.

Topic author
Emrobo
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by Emrobo »

You are right, my e-ticket now states that; - but I am pretty sure that's not the original information I was given. I didn't think it odd leaving from the Ocean Terminal and returning to Mayflower, as that's exactly what we did on E204 in March last year.
What does happen in terms of picking up your car if you arrive at a different terminal to where you departed and where you car is parked? Are they far from each other?

tractor boy
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by tractor boy »

Morning Emma, dont worry about picking your car up, we have sailed out of one terminal and into another several times and they always make sure cars are parked at the terminal where the ship will return to. On one occasion the terminal destination was changed while we was away but some how the cars where all in the car park across the road, I assume they move them to the car park just before the ship comes in.

Topic author
Emrobo
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by Emrobo »

tractor boy wrote:
Morning Emma, dont worry about picking your car up, we have sailed out of one terminal and into another several times and they always make sure cars are parked at the terminal where the ship will return to. On one occasion the terminal destination was changed while we was away but some how the cars where all in the car park across the road, I assume they move them to the car park just before the ship comes in.
Thanks for the info Tractor Boy!!

Well at the moment I am sporting the worse cold I have in a long time, I am really hoping we are germ free for our holidays - its been booked nearly two years and nothing is going to stop my enjoyment, even if the weather doesn't look great in the canaries at the moment!

tractor boy
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by tractor boy »

We have around 2 weeks before we get there, by then the cold will be gone and the weather will be lovely :D

Not so ancient mariner
First Officer
First Officer

Reading back through the previous posts on this E303 thread, I realise us lot have a fair bit in common. I too obtained my 1st DSLR in November, and still have a lot to learn to get the best from it. Also, one of our cats was poisoned by something just after Christmas and has run up a vet's bill of over £700. Fortunately he is insured, and earlier this week we had confirmation that the insurers have accepted the claim and paid up. Phew!

anneed
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by anneed »

Well I've booked a trip for every port. I'm not adding up the cost but at least I know they are already paid for and I can squander my OBC on some serious pampering in the spa. Don't you just love a hot stones massage?

Have now got a few butterflies which will grow into a full-scale case of packing panic by this time next week.

panda53
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by panda53 »

Not long to go now. Getting so excited!! Going to get the Euros tomorrow.

Topic author
Emrobo
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by Emrobo »

Reading back through the previous posts on this E303 thread, I realise us lot have a fair bit in common. I too obtained my 1st DSLR in November, and still have a lot to learn to get the best from it. Also, one of our cats was poisoned by something just after Christmas and has run up a vet's bill of over £700. Fortunately he is insured, and earlier this week we had confirmation that the insurers have accepted the claim and paid up. Phew!
Glad he is okay, Millie is going for the 4th time tonight for the vets, really hope they get to the bottom of it now. Hopefully she won't need a emergency hysterectomy as the insurers don't like to pay out for that!!

Topic author
Emrobo
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by Emrobo »

anneed wrote:
Well I've booked a trip for every port. I'm not adding up the cost but at least I know they are already paid for and I can squander my OBC on some serious pampering in the spa. Don't you just love a hot stones massage?

Have now got a few butterflies which will grow into a full-scale case of packing panic by this time next week.
I am having a few spa days as we have too much OBC to use up!! Plus it is mothers day while we are onboard!! hee hee

We have to pack at the weekend, I don't have Mon, Tue or Wed night to pack, my daughter is in Alder Hey on Thurs for a MRI scan etc, and we leave Friday morning - argghh!

makina
Cadet
Cadet

Post by makina »

Getting mega excited now, this time next week we will be down there ready at our pre cruise hotel.

This weekend is all about semi packing, changing euros & buying last few odds & sods. Than next week might work a few days depends how cold it is (joy of working for yourself) than get my sons haircut and do the final pack and drop the dogs off at the kennels.

God i so need this holiday!!

anneed
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by anneed »

Yes, my (very big) case is now half full and I got my Euros yesterday. Tried on my formal gowns last night and they still fit thank goodness. I usually put on half a stone during a cruise so hope I can still get into a couple by the end!

Not so ancient mariner
First Officer
First Officer

My OH, Penny, would like to now if anyone will be going to the services on the two Sundays we will be on the ship. (Both are sea days)

Not so ancient mariner
First Officer
First Officer

or even KNOW if anyone is going!!

anneed
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by anneed »

Not planning to myself but I believe they are usually well attended. Perhaps they'll do something special for Mothering Sunday.

Topic author
Emrobo
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by Emrobo »

I meant to get to one last time but never did, I will probably decide on the day or day before

tractor boy
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by tractor boy »

Just got back from London after starting my Birthday celebrations early with a few friends, did some last minute shopping for the hols, it was quite strange buying shorts etc while it was snowing outside.

anneed
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by anneed »

I like your optimism Tractor Boy. I've been deciding which jumpers and cardies to pack.

Topic author
Emrobo
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by Emrobo »

anneed wrote:
I like your optimism Tractor Boy. I've been deciding which jumpers and cardies to pack.
same here - we have taken a few of the girls summer dresses out and replaced with cardigans and pants!

panda53
Able Seaman
Able Seaman

Post by panda53 »

Whatever the weather will be like, it will be warmer than here. I have packed cardigans, I have lost a lot of weight so tend to feel the cold even if it is hot lol. Only 5 more sleeps. So excited now!

tractor boy
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by tractor boy »

The first few days will be cold but by the time we get to our first stop it will be nice and warm. :D

Topic author
Emrobo
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by Emrobo »

I just want some sun!!

tractor boy
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by tractor boy »