E303 - Atlantic Islands

Arrange to meet other members whilst on a cruise on Oceana

anneed
Second Officer
Second Officer

Re: E303 - Atlantic Islands

Post by anneed »

Yep, the packing panic has hit now. I find I'm dreaming about packing and unpacking. There's just me but I'm taking a huge case plus a small pull-along, I'm glad it's not a fly cruise. I go through this every time but once I'm aboard I know I won't care - it'll be too late to fret.

Emma - Good luck with packing for your family. Hope your little girl's MRI scan goes OK.

Am going to Aldi in my lunch hour to get a couple of bottles of wine for the cabin. Cheers!

Topic author
Emrobo
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by Emrobo »

anneed wrote:
Yep, the packing panic has hit now. I find I'm dreaming about packing and unpacking. There's just me but I'm taking a huge case plus a small pull-along, I'm glad it's not a fly cruise. I go through this every time but once I'm aboard I know I won't care - it'll be too late to fret.

Emma - Good luck with packing for your family. Hope your little girl's MRI scan goes OK.

Am going to Aldi in my lunch hour to get a couple of bottles of wine for the cabin. Cheers!
I keep having dreams that we forget the passports so they will be checked and checked again!!

Next time we cruise I may consider the luggage pick up company - then we can take what we like and not worry about fitting it all in the car ha ha!!

I just have a box of wine to buy and pack and we are done.

Thanks Anne, I can't get too excited about the holiday until I know her MRI is over and done with :)

Not so ancient mariner
First Officer
First Officer

Post by Not so ancient mariner »

We work on the principle that if it will fit in the car - it will fit in the cabin! :-)

tractor boy
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by tractor boy »

good job we are not taking the wifes smart car. :lol:

Not so ancient mariner
First Officer
First Officer

Yes, I can see the drawbacks of taking of those - though you can be SURE the conents would fit in the cabin! :-)

Not so ancient mariner
First Officer
First Officer

Remind me to proof read my messages before sending!!

tractor boy
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by tractor boy »

It would mean having to wash my one set of clothes every night though. Mind you, we could leave all the clothes in the car and put that in the cabin :lol:

Topic author
Emrobo
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by Emrobo »

I wouldn't mind we have an estate and a roof rack which has the capacity of an estate boot ha ha!!

Everything will be trying to make its way into 2 cases tonight!! :O Hopefully mum will have space in hers to at least put nappies in hers

Not so ancient mariner
First Officer
First Officer

I have just watched the webcam views of Oceana departing from Lisbon. The next time she docks, we will be boarding!! :D :D

anneed
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by anneed »

Well we're nearly there folks. I guess some of you will be travelling to Southampton today so maybe won't post again. Just like to say it's been fun chatting and you've all helped to build up the excitment of the big event. I will be disappointed if I don't actually get to meet some of you on board.

You know what I look like (wish I could say the same for you lot!) so please say hello if you spot me on the ship.

I'm lucky in that I live right in Southampton. Depending on the traffic it should take me 15-20 minutes from my house to the terminal. So I'll be worrying about that damn packing right up to the last minute!

Bon voyage!

Anne

Topic author
Emrobo
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by Emrobo »

We are travelling tomorrow after my daughters MRI scan today. We have managed to get everything into 4 cases which will fit in the car and roof rack!!

Be a shame not to meet up or something, will try and look out for you at the syndicate quiz.

This is my little family

Formal night on ventura:

Going off ship:

Kids not enjoying muster drill:

anneed
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by anneed »

Thanks for that Emma - lovely photos. I think I'll recognise you now - but I don't think your hubby looks like Harry Potter!

Topic author
Emrobo
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by Emrobo »

Ha ha it was quite a while a go so his name just sticks now, plus he is a lot slimmer!

tractor boy
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by tractor boy »

I dont have any photos to put up but I am 5"7 short, with ears like the handles of the FA cup and some dodgy tatoos (miss spent youth) and will be wearing a Juventus baseball cap (IF we get some sun). We are off to Southampton tomorrow afternoon. A word of warning for anyone joining the M25 from the M11, there are roadworks that caused a bit of a delay yesterday just after the M11 and right up to the A1 turn, so the best way to avoid it is to join the 25 via A1 or west of it. Safe journey everyone, see you aboard.

Gary

makina
Cadet
Cadet

Post by makina »

All packed and ready to go :-). Once i drop our 2 dogs off tomorrow at the kennels we will be on our way down to stay our hotel.

Big thanks to you all for your help & advice. If i dont see you on board hope you all have an excellent cruise.

Mark

makina
Cadet
Cadet

Post by makina »

tractor boy wrote:
I am 5"7 short, with ears like the handles of the FA cup

Gary
Your surname's not Linekar is it?? Lol

tractor boy
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by tractor boy »

Hi Mark, you can be sure we will see you on board, you will most likely be the only bloke with his new wife in her wedding dress :) Safe Journey mate.

tractor boy
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by tractor boy »

No mate, I dont like walkers crisps.

Topic author
Emrobo
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by Emrobo »

makina wrote:
All packed and ready to go :-). Once i drop our 2 dogs off tomorrow at the kennels we will be on our way down to stay our hotel.

Big thanks to you all for your help & advice. If i dont see you on board hope you all have an excellent cruise.

Mark
same here - drop off dog in kennels then we will be leaving!

Silver_Shiney
Deputy Captain
Deputy Captain

Post by Silver_Shiney »

anneed wrote:
Well we're nearly there folks. I guess some of you will be travelling to Southampton today so maybe won't post again. Just like to say it's been fun chatting and you've all helped to build up the excitment of the big event. I will be disappointed if I don't actually get to meet some of you on board.

You know what I look like (wish I could say the same for you lot!) so please say hello if you spot me on the ship.

I'm lucky in that I live right in Southampton. Depending on the traffic it should take me 15-20 minutes from my house to the terminal. So I'll be worrying about that damn packing right up to the last minute!

Bon voyage!

Anne
Pardon me for asking, but are you the lady who made it onto Oceana with just 5 minutes to spare a few years ago? The traffic that day was absolutely horrendous - we thought we were never going to get there!
Alan

Q-CC-KOS
Q-CC-TBM

anneed
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by anneed »

Hello SS,

Thankfully it wasn't me - I've always managed to arrive in plenty of time. I'm sure we all have nightmares about the ship sailing away without us don't we?

In fact I have seen the ship sailing away without a couple of ladies who returned late from a shore trip. We watched their taxi racing up to the dock - as we slipped away. I really felt for them and later heard they had to return to London to obtain temporary passports before they finally caught up with the ship about three days - and many miles - later.

Quizzical Bob
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Post by Quizzical Bob »

To all of you sailing away on Oceana....

Have a great cruise and happy sailing!

Topic author
Emrobo
Second Officer
Second Officer

Post by Emrobo »

Quizzical Bob wrote:
To all of you sailing away on Oceana....

Have a great cruise and happy sailing!

Thank you :)

Wina G
Senior Second Officer
Senior Second Officer

Post by Wina G »

Bon Voyage, hope you all have a fantastic cruise :D

tractor boy
Third Officer
Third Officer

Post by tractor boy »

Many thanks Bob and Wina, we are almost packed and ready to head to Southampton.

Return to “The Meeting Place - Oceana”