Arrange to meet other members whilst on a cruise on Oceana

Topic author
Emrobo
Second Officer
Second Officer

Re: E303 - Atlantic Islands

Post by Emrobo »

makina wrote:
Glad we weren't the only ones frustrated with the amount of people using the atrium & other bars to sleep in. As this was our first cruise we thought this was standard procedure, do these people not have beds or rooms to snooze in!! At least i got a seat to watch the mighty spurs beat arsenal.
Another thing we noticed was, does every talk or demonstration lead to a sales pitch?

Emma by process of illimation im sure i did you see you and your family at least once. Ive just noticed you come from chester & the other family that could of been you had an essex accent. Cant pinpoint where our paths crossed but you had a bright orange top on? If it helps im short with a shaved head and a tattoo on my forearm!
I still can't place you although my memory is very rubbish the further away from an event I get hence why I take many photos!!

But yes I had a bright orange top on so that was me!! and yes demo talks are sales orientated pretty much!!

Topic author
Emrobo
Second Officer
Second Officer

Re: E303 - Atlantic Islands

Post by Emrobo »

anneed wrote:
Ah, yes I do remember you in the hot tub Gary! Was disappointed that the adults' 'pool' was so tiny. I love swimming but this was the first cruise I've never put my costume on (and i don't mean I was skinny dipping!).

Makina - I'd definitely recommend the sherry and horses trip in Cadiz. The sherry place was excellent with whole bottles to knock back and a very interesting tour of the production area. So different to the grotty wine place I went to on the Volcanoes and Wine tour in La Palma. Tiny sips of horrible wine and no welcome or guide provided at the winery. In fact that whole trip was a disaster as a fog bank stopped us from seeing the volcanoes. I know P&O can't help the weather but I thought we should have got some dosh back for that excursion.

Another moan - oh dear I'm turning into a cruise whinger - was the lack of interesting things to do on sea days. Wish they'd get some more speakers in. I enjoyed Eddie Large's stint in the evening but was surprised he wasn't on again. Am also fed up with the spa and art talks which are just aimed at making you buy their products.

On a positive note, I loved Oceana herself and thought my cabin was tip top. I've noticed on other ships that you can get quite a bit of noise from the adjoining cabins but this time it was lovely and quiet. Also thought the food was generally very good and the staff couldn't be faulted for friendliness and eagerness to help.

I'll book my next cruise for later in the year to try and get better weather - but that's always pot luck!

Anne
We enjoyed the sherry and horse trip too Anne.

We also felt there was lack of things to do on sea days - or it was aimed at the top end of the elderly people, so we struggled a little on the colder/wet days.
We enjoyed the concorde talks though.

I noticed the same with cabins and noise and also the staff were alt friendlier than we experienced on ventura and were really involved in the kids they couldn't get enough of them, it was so nice.

We are umming and ahhing to book for next year or year after although we put a future down payment down

Return to “The Meeting Place - Oceana”